Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:05 pm
Loving the Sunshine

funshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sept 07 - March 08 applicants check in thread

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Fab news Nadine - the day after Funshine!
Hello - gosh - 4 pages of posts to read thru!!!
Actually - I think we are leaving on the same day - 18th October!

Hi Funshine - well done, Mary must have gone to bed.
Only 34 days - eeeeeeeek!
Are you having a big leaving do?
Well we will meet at the local to say bye to everyone at work - been there 9 years - so lots of memories there and friends to say bye to - and then another meet up at another local pub to say goodbye to friends - so making it very easy! May also have a drinks at our place for our neighbours - they are all so great - hope we have as much luck in Brissy!!!

Originally Posted by tiger222
Funshine! 34 days - how exciting. I'll bet the time is starting to drag. Or is it speeding up because you have so much to do?

Did you find vacation rental in Brissy area to start or are you staying with family? If vacation rental, could you share your experience. I'm looking now for something for us....as soon as we get the VISA.
Hi - yes we have a rental organised in Kangaroo Point - very central 2 bed appartment for 3 months until our furniture comes. We don't know anyone in Brisbane - friends of friends only - wondering what we will do for Christmas!!
Here is the link we used to find rental and properties in Brisbane: http://www.ourbrisbane.com/real-estate. Let me know if you have any other questions and I can try and help.

Hi Niamh - wow - what a trip - one never to forget - I was wiating for you to say your son was sickin the bag - and that was what they were worried about - isn't amazing how we always think up the worst!

We are busy potty training our DD and hope that in a month's time she will be well behaved on our epic flight to Oz!
Old Sep 15th 2008, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

THORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mary1967
Great news When are you looking to move?
We are not sure when to make the move. We wanted this year but think it will be after christmas.
Hubby has no job to go to in Oz as yet and we thought arriving weeks before christmas may be a bad idea.
We also dont want to be stressing about finding a rental so close to crimbo.
But we wanted to be over before the new school year so kids will start with everyone else.

Decisions, decisions :curse:
Jill
xxx
Old Sep 15th 2008, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lainey70
Hi everyone
Not been on BE for a while. Good idea this thread I can find everyone in one place.
We were Sept 07 paperbased and got our visa on the 18th Aug 08.
Got visas in passports and booked flights for 29th Nov and have a rental for 6 weeks in Brisbane , Bulimba.
Since we got our visas we went to Italy to say goodbye to my sister and her family who live out there. I have been in hospital for an operation for my slipped disc so trying to get fit for the 24hr flight!
I think drinking a bottle of vodka will help me along!
In the middle of sorting out the container and book my son into school as we want to go to Redcliffe so have to wait to we get in the area, but apart from that every thing on course.
Handing my notice in tomorrow at work as im still off sick but no point going back

Have no house to sell as I have always rented, but want to wish everyone all the best with selling their houses. This time last year we was all wishing every one luck for their visas !
Maybe someone might start a thread saying " WE SOLD IT "
good luck every one with what they are doing and keep
lainey

Good luck lainey your have come so far well done

Keep us updated xx
Old Sep 16th 2008, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by funshine

We are busy potty training our DD and hope that in a month's time she will be well behaved on our epic flight to Oz!
OMG I hadn't thought of that! my son is almost ready to start but i've been putting it off. Man, the joys..........!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 7:45 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by THORPES
We are not sure when to make the move. We wanted this year but think it will be after christmas.
Hubby has no job to go to in Oz as yet and we thought arriving weeks before christmas may be a bad idea.
We also dont want to be stressing about finding a rental so close to crimbo.
But we wanted to be over before the new school year so kids will start with everyone else.

Decisions, decisions :curse:
Jill
xxx
That was our idea as well, i wanted to get over there so that my kids could make friends before the summer holidays and then start the new school year with kids they knew...............fingers crossed it works out that way!!!

We've got no jobs to go to either, although my OH has got a few interviews when he gets there, it's still a worry though

Originally Posted by The Clarkeys
OMG I hadn't thought of that! my son is almost ready to start but i've been putting it off. Man, the joys..........!

PMSL................
Old Sep 16th 2008, 7:46 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyway else avoiding the news and the state of the world economy???? I'm beginning to think we're cursed:curse:
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Hi All

This has been a great thread to read through I have enjoyed reading through it and it is great to hear from you all.

So FUNSHINE you leave on the 18th as well? Who you flying with??

I cant believe how quickly the time is going in it will be 4 weeks on Sat and I think now I am panicing and thinking od CRAP what am I doing

Nadine
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

I have news!!!!

We got the visa!!!

After 8 long months I lodged a query via the online feedback form last Thursday. This morning we got an email reply saying they would look into it - just after an email saying we had the visa!!!!

475 to SA

Applied 10.1.08.
Meds/ PCCs 20.2.08
Granted 16.9.08
Validation 1.4.08

Thanks everyone for you help and support - I couldn't have done it without you. Special thanks to Wendy, Beth and Trish who helped me through a very difficult time with our EX agent. Also thanks to the agents who post on here who have given their advice for free and all my online friends who have kept me sane.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

I have news!!!!

We got the visa!!!

After 8 long months I lodged a query via the online feedback form last Thursday. This morning we got an email reply saying they would look into it - just after an email saying we had the visa!!!!

475 to SA

Applied 10.1.08.
Meds/ PCCs 20.2.08
Granted 16.9.08
Validation 1.4.08

Thanks everyone for you help and support - I couldn't have done it without you. Special thanks to Wendy, Beth and Trish who helped me through a very difficult time with our EX agent. Also thanks to the agents who post on here who have given their advice for free and all my online friends who have kept me sane.
wwoooooooooooooooooooowwwwww, effin hell. Thats amazing news. I cant believe it. Hey, didnt I say to you that you'd have it this week????
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

I have news!!!!

We got the visa!!!

475 to SA

Applied 10.1.08.
Meds/ PCCs 20.2.08
Granted 16.9.08
Validation 1.4.08

HUGE CONGRATS FLY AWAY that is brilliant news and I am sure you are over the moon. At long last says you

Enjoy the celebrations and your new lifein Aus

Nadine
Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

I have news!!!!

We got the visa!!!

475 to SA

Applied 10.1.08.
Meds/ PCCs 20.2.08
Granted 16.9.08
Validation 1.4.08

HUGE CONGRATS TO YOU!!!

Let the Celebrations begin!!

Old Sep 16th 2008, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

THORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to allTHORPES is a name known to all

Flyaway
Congratulations

All the best.

Jill
xxx
Old Sep 16th 2008, 12:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
wwoooooooooooooooooooowwwwww, effin hell. Thats amazing news. I cant believe it. Hey, didnt I say to you that you'd have it this week????
I think you said it would be last week, but I forgive you.

Originally Posted by aus2be
HUGE CONGRATS FLY AWAY that is brilliant news and I am sure you are over the moon. At long last says you

Enjoy the celebrations and your new lifein Aus

Nadine::
Thanks Nadine. OH going out tonight, so I will be celebrating on my own!! Beware drunk posting.

Originally Posted by memewest

HUGE CONGRATS TO YOU!!!

Let the Celebrations begin!!

::
Thanks - feel like drinking the pubs dry.

Originally Posted by THORPES
Flyaway
Congratulations :

All the best.

Jill
xxx
Thanks Jill and congrats on your house offer

- just read back up the thread - excuse my ignorance earlier.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

From another person who's following you around on here today...

CONGRATULATIONS on your VISA GRANT, FLY AWAY!!!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tiger222
From another person who's following you around on here today...

CONGRATULATIONS on your VISA GRANT, FLY AWAY!!!
Thanks Tiger - you were slow!! Must have been the time difference. I've done the BEupdate and everything, so you can't tell me off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.