Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Dec 4th 2004, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by Bob
Aye, it must be a bit weird...I'm not a big christmas person, but it's still a fun time really, and the more cheese the better...would be weird it being summer etc, kind of makes it harder to get into I guess...
I don't know if I could ever get use to xmas with summer weather. I have enough difficulty having xmas with rain and no snow!!!!
Old Dec 4th 2004, 10:39 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
I don't know if I could ever get use to xmas with summer weather. I have enough difficulty having xmas with rain and no snow!!!!
use to the snow then?
Old Dec 4th 2004, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bob
use to the snow then?
Grew up in Winnipeg, Manitoba and Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario - so yes very use to snow,until of course went to live on the west coast for university.

What's happening in your neck of the woods? More snow?
Old Dec 4th 2004, 11:06 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

What's happening in your neck of the woods? More snow?
Not right now, shoudl get some more in the morning though, followed by wind, cold and rain...so should be interesting on the roads...
Old Dec 4th 2004, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bob
Not right now, shoudl get some more in the morning though, followed by wind, cold and rain...so should be interesting on the roads...
Treacherous roads when that happens. You drive really carefully if you're going away - we don't want anything to happen to you.
Old Dec 4th 2004, 11:25 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Treacherous roads when that happens. You drive really carefully if you're going away - we don't want anything to happen to you.
aye, off to the in-laws....FIL is hacking down an x-mas tree for us...so that should be interesting...but should be alright...studded winter tyres...gotta love 'em
Old Dec 4th 2004, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
..FIL is hacking down an x-mas tree for us.
Ah sounds like fun Bobo.....he likes you, right? :scared:
Old Dec 4th 2004, 11:39 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Ah sounds like fun Bobo.....he likes you, right? :scared:
Hehe...yeah, I get on with the in-laws..I did say not to get anything over 6 foot though, or it'll stay in the car...they tend to get huge trees...and to me, anything over 1 foot is a big enough x-mas tree...well that's what I use to get at uni at the market for a quid
Old Dec 4th 2004, 3:15 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I'm used to xmas in the sun, I grew up here in Oz.

Went out looking for a real xmas tree yesterday. Was quite hard. Everyone here seems to have fake ones(I guess cause the real ones aren't good).
Witnessed a car crash on the way there (only material damage, and a big bang! ). Didn't find any in garden centres. Then on the way back took a detour to avoid crash scene, and came across a sigh: xmas trees!
So found this other garden centre. They had real ones (Norfolk?) and Australian native bushes that could do the job too (but a bit 'weak"), but at least those ones will survive in this hot and dry climate.
So, now I have an 'Albany woolybush' as xmas tree
At least better than a fake one!
I'll only but the little glass balls in it.

Yeah, good weekend.
Still writing xmas cards...
Also went clothes shopping.
And had friends over.

I wonder how Bundy is, I better email her. It's been at least a week since we've heard from her...
Old Dec 4th 2004, 5:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Simone
I wonder how Bundy is, I better email her. It's been at least a week since we've heard from her...
Send her best wishes for x-mas and the new year
Old Dec 12th 2004, 9:26 pm

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Send her best wishes for x-mas and the new year
Bundy?

Bump
Old Dec 13th 2004, 12:28 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Covenant

Bump
You've been quiet again..how's things my ole mucker?
Old Dec 13th 2004, 3:25 am

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
You've been quiet again..how's things my ole mucker?
Hiya Bob, fine, thanks for asking. Finally starting to discipline myself and only post on expats ocassionally.

It's easy, once you stay away for a few posts, things move so fast here, that you've lost the thread of the conversation (no pun intended).

Still pop in once in a while!
Old Dec 13th 2004, 3:27 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Covenant
Hiya Bob, fine, thanks for asking. Finally starting to discipline myself and only post on expats ocassionally.

It's easy, once you stay away for a few posts, things move so fast here, that you've lost the thread of the conversation (no pun intended).

Still pop in once in a while!
Good to see ya Cov ... nice av btw, I'll have to dig out my old MASH videos
Old Dec 13th 2004, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Good to see ya Cov ... nice av btw, I'll have to dig out my old MASH videos
Hi DM, I thought I'd better bump the old thread otherwise Bundy will have a fit when she returns

Can't beat Hawkeye for dry wit! One of my all time fav series.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.