Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Dec 13th 2004, 6:41 pm

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by syllk
I know the feeling...I was told that it shouldn't be any more than 2 pages long. Well, doing that much of a précis job to the CV felt like I may as well have been cutting me own knob off...
I agree, somehow trying to include all the critical experience, training and qualifications onto one sheet of paper is a right pain.

Bob, incidently, I also found the HSE have a resource for identification of international HS Organisations.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/org/usa.htm
Old Dec 14th 2004, 7:47 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Covenant
Bob, incidently, I also found the HSE have a resource for identification of international HS Organisations.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/org/usa.htm
That's awesome, thanks very much, BCSP would be my US version jobby...certainly makes for a fun string of letters with all those acroynms, so just went with the full names
Old Dec 14th 2004, 7:54 am

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by syllk
I know the feeling...I was told that it shouldn't be any more than 2 pages long. Well, doing that much of a précis job to the CV felt like I may as well have been cutting me own knob off...
My CV is 3 and 1/2 pages and that is cutting it down alot.
Hello to everyone that has missed me ( not) been very busy so not been posting. Really have not had time as once you are on the bloody site you cant get off. Anyway wont be around for too long either as i go to Lanzarote next week for some Christmas and new year sun...and i am soooooo excited about it....This country is cold and wet and is pissing me off.
Rant over now
Donna x
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:10 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DIMO8
Hello to everyone that has missed me ( not) been very busy so not been posting. Really have not had time as once you are on the bloody site you cant get off. Anyway wont be around for too long either as i go to Lanzarote next week for some Christmas and new year sun...and i am soooooo excited about it....This country is cold and wet and is pissing me off.
Rant over now
Donna x
Ello Donna, good to hear you've been doing other things

Lanzarote sounds just the ticket too, get away from the relentless drizzle!
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:31 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DIMO8
Cool...sounds like a fun hol, hope you enjoy it and it don't rain

As for CV, should only really be 2 pages just for ease of keeping it together, but then if you've got loads of work experience and the like, you can drop a shite load off like gcse's and a-levels as no one gives a shite bout those do they...
Old Dec 14th 2004, 6:19 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Here I am, back again. I'll be around for a whole week before disappearing once again.

So, what's been going on here?
Old Dec 14th 2004, 7:28 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
Here I am, back again. I'll be around for a whole week before disappearing once again.

So, what's been going on here?
Hi Bundy
Nice to see you back. Hope things are OK.

Been quiet in here.
No doubt that will now change

G
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:02 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Hi Bundy
Nice to see you back. Hope things are OK.

Been quiet in here.
No doubt that will now change

G

I was hoping you'd turn up G

Yep, I need to get my post count up! What shall we talk about?

BTW - have updated the BundyMum thread for anyone wanting to know the latest....
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:20 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I was hoping you'd turn up G

Yep, I need to get my post count up! What shall we talk about?

BTW - have updated the BundyMum thread for anyone wanting to know the latest....
Can't let this thread disappear until we get to 10000

I have not read all the posts yet but will do.

Are you back in Jersey for Xmas then?

G
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:24 pm
She's a bird, you know

Can't let this thread disappear until we get to 10000

I have not read all the posts yet but will do.

Are you back in Jersey for Xmas then?

G

Yep.I'm back here for a whole week. Going back to Jersey next Weds for Chrimbo. Then back here for New Year, then back to Jersey....you get the picture.
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:27 pm
Bitter and twisted

Yep.I'm back here for a whole week. Going back to Jersey next Weds for Chrimbo. Then back here for New Year, then back to Jersey....you get the picture.
You will have a good christmas then with BM

I'll be about for the next few days.

Both my boys will be home for Christmas First time for 5 years.

G
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:30 pm
She's a bird, you know

You will have a good christmas then with BM

I'll be about for the next few days.

Both my boys will be home for Christmas First time for 5 years.

G

Bet you're looking forward to having the clan back together then G! Much the same for us - first time we've all been together on Christmas Day for about 5 years too. Total chaos, I imagine.

So, what have you been up to in the last few weeks?
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:37 pm
Bitter and twisted

So, what have you been up to in the last few weeks?
Pining for you of course

My usual round of Fishing, walking, pub, etc.

G
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:41 pm
She's a bird, you know

Pining for you of course

My usual round of Fishing, walking, pub, etc.

G
LOL! You missed me then?!

I quite like the sound of walking and the pub....not so sure about the fishing though
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:45 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Have fun with xmas you two!

Just realised, this is my first christmas ever without my parents... I don't really care though, christmas doesn't mean much to us.
Can't say I really miss them at all, though sometimes I just call them and chat, which is luckily really cheap these days with phone cards.
It's only been 5 months though! (today!!)

Btw, we wrote xmas cards to all our families (about 25 each )
Started nearly all of them with: 'Well, we've been here nearly 4 months now, times flying.. bla bla bla...'
Anyway, it was nearly 5 months Proves my point though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.