Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:47 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by bundy
LOL! You missed me then?!
We all missed you, duh!!
(not in the same way as G I think though..)
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:49 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
Have fun with xmas you two!

Just realised, this is my first christmas ever without my parents... I don't really care though, christmas doesn't mean much to us.
Can't say I really miss them at all, though sometimes I just call them and chat, which is luckily really cheap these days with phone cards.
It's only been 5 months though! (today!!)

Btw, we wrote xmas cards to all our families (about 25 each )
Started nearly all of them with: 'Well, we've been here nearly 4 months now, times flying.. bla bla bla...'
Anyway, it was nearly 5 months Proves my point though!
I haven't done the usual Christmas things this year....no cards, no shopping (yet), nothing. We weren't really thinking about Christmas for a while there, when it looked like my mum wouldn't make it that far, but now we're back on track and rather behind. Still can't be bothered to send cards though. And I've missed the Oz postal date. Ah well. Shall do my Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve as usual, I suspect.
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:50 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
We all missed you, duh!!
(not in the same way as G I think though..)

LOL! Yes, that would be worrying
Old Dec 14th 2004, 8:57 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't done the usual Christmas things this year....no cards, no shopping (yet), nothing. We weren't really thinking about Christmas for a while there, when it looked like my mum wouldn't make it that far, but now we're back on track and rather behind. Still can't be bothered to send cards though. And I've missed the Oz postal date. Ah well. Shall do my Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve as usual, I suspect.
Have 'only' done cards for family. They usually wouldn't get any, but many hadn't heard from us yet, and it's been 5 months...
Done a bit of shopping. Send a few things to my parents and brother 2 weeks ago.
Got some stuff for work colleagues
Now have to do Pascal (new bicycle helmet, and a proper coolbox/esky). And Pascal's parents(who will be here Tuesday)
And then about 4 friends here.
Will have to start Saturday!!
Old Dec 14th 2004, 9:09 pm

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
That's awesome, thanks very much, BCSP would be my US version jobby...certainly makes for a fun string of letters with all those acroynms, so just went with the full names
Bob, as a Health and Safety type can you do a risk assessment on the following work practice?

(Welcome back Bundy, Missed you)
Old Dec 14th 2004, 9:13 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Covenant
Bob, as a Health and Safety type can you do a risk assessment on the following work practice?

(Welcome back Bundy, Missed you)
LOL! Yep, dead safe. No trip hazards there.

Funny you posted that because when I left Jersey yesterday some blokes had come round to trim the big tree in the garden. Most jobs of this nature are carried out by Portuguese workers, and there were these two guys atop a very tall ladder, petrol leaking from chainsaw, fag hanging from mouth, no safety harness or protective clothing......my dad couldn't watch. We had the district nurse there at the time tending to my mum and she was having palpitations in case one of them fell off the ladder and she had to do something about it!
Old Dec 15th 2004, 2:24 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Covenant
love it....well, by look of things...hmmm...probably needs to get an MOT done on that pick-up....but as long as no one's looking, he'll be fine
Old Dec 15th 2004, 2:32 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Bob
love it....well, by look of things...hmmm...probably needs to get an MOT done on that pick-up....but as long as no one's looking, he'll be fine
Bob, your avatar just hypnotised me and I fell into a (deeper than normal) stupor at my screen.
Old Dec 15th 2004, 3:21 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Bob, your avatar just hypnotised me and I fell into a (deeper than normal) stupor at my screen.
You should try tiling it as a desktop
Old Dec 15th 2004, 3:23 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Bob
That would just be plain dangerous! :scared:

[And yes, I am just about to try it, can't resist]
Old Dec 15th 2004, 3:25 am
She's a bird, you know

That would just be plain dangerous! :scared:

[And yes, I am just about to try it, can't resist]
LOL!!!! It's great!!!! People are walking past my office in various states of hypnotic trance
Old Dec 15th 2004, 3:27 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob
Just tried it, that is mad
Old Dec 15th 2004, 4:48 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

LOL!!!! It's great!!!! People are walking past my office in various states of hypnotic trance
It's great ain't it..makes ya sick after a while though
Old Dec 16th 2004, 6:27 pm
She's a bird, you know

Anyone about?
Old Dec 16th 2004, 6:38 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Anyone about?
Yep, no, sort of...

Got 20 minutes left at work, so gotta do the dishes and clear up my desk.

Won't be much online after that, going out tonight with a whole bunch of Perth girls.

Now, how are you? Tired/stressed? Or did you have a good rest in Jersey?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.