Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Nov 28th 2004, 8:27 pm
f1junkie

Sander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by Simone
Yep, very happy.
Though double feeling as well... Again, they'll be moving somewhere where they are not that familiar(Perth, as opposed to Bridgetown).(when we moved back to Holland they didn't go back to Zaandam etc, but moved to Overijssel....)
And my mum will be leaving elderly parents behind (my dad too, but he's not close).
But still, I want them to come, definetly, so the sooner the better, might still be able to get jobs, make friends.

Dad and Maarten have citizenship. Mum doesn't, but a spouse visa will fix that! Easy!

That reminds me, gotta ring them to tell them to go to the vet with the dogs, as jabs have to start 6 months before, and then 1 month quarantine!
That's great Simone!
Spouse visa will be very easy yes...LOL.
Old Nov 29th 2004, 12:36 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I just had my 4000st post
And it was about (&*%^^&($ Nutrimetics!!!!
I need some sympathy and celebratory karma
Nearly the only one who's been giving me karma in the last 2 weeks btw, is Ray!

Have been spreading it tonight, and now run out!
So hopefully I can give you lot in here some tomorrow!!
Old Nov 29th 2004, 12:40 am
f1junkie

Sander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Simone
I just had my 4000st post
And it was about (&*%^^&($ Nutrimetics!!!!
I need some sympathy and celebratory karma
Nearly the only one who's been giving me karma in the last 2 weeks btw, is Ray!

Have been spreading it tonight, and now run out!
So hopefully I can give you lot in here some tomorrow!!
Hehe, congrats on post nr. 4000! I've only got something like 3900 left before I get there!
Tried to give you karma but wouldnt let me as I have to spread some more around first... Will try again later!
Old Nov 29th 2004, 12:45 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sander
Hehe, congrats on post nr. 4000! I've only got something like 3900 left before I get there!
Tried to give you karma but wouldnt let me as I have to spread some more around first... Will try again later!
What's happened to the Tetris crown?

Somebody has put in some serious effort!
Old Nov 29th 2004, 1:24 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat

You are a sad man
Old Nov 29th 2004, 1:29 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jellybean
You are a sad man
I know this
Old Nov 29th 2004, 1:33 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

I know this

...and whats with the avatar, reliving your childhood LOL
Old Nov 29th 2004, 1:39 am
f1junkie

LOL...yep, they stole my crown...
Can't seem to get anywhere near my old highscore myself, so I don't see it back anytime soon I think.
Old Dec 1st 2004, 9:16 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Been a bit quiet in here...how's everyone doing?

Oh, and just noticed the people downstairs have finally learned how to park parallel to the other cars in the carpark rather than at a tangent in the corner taking up all the space
Old Dec 1st 2004, 10:34 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm...poor mother, she had her car repaired a few weeks ago after someone did a drive off and smashed it....she just had her car smacked up in the same place by a delivery truck, though the driver left details but they aren't paying because they couldn't confirm which truck the driver was driving...the cheek...
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 1:59 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

WILMA ! I'm home.

Actually I need to turn in now as have an early start today but just thought I'd leave my pawprint first.
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 3:16 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Bix
WILMA ! I'm home.
Nice to see ya back
How's things going your neck of the woods?
Old Dec 4th 2004, 9:03 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Just bumping this thread back up...

So how's everyone doing? Having good weekends?
Gonna go to the in-laws tomorrow for the "weekend", FIL is hacking down an x-mas tree, I said nothing bigger than 6 foot or it's staying in the car as I can't be arsed to lug anything bigger up the stairs in the apartment...

Oh, and the parking at the apartment is lots of fun because landlord never had it snow plowed, so lot of the snow in the sun melted, and now thewhole place is an ice rink...very safe that...but shoudn't be surprised, they didn't get it plowed much last winter either, even when it got really bad...
Old Dec 4th 2004, 9:49 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bob
Just bumping this thread back up...

So how's everyone doing? Having good weekends?
Gonna go to the in-laws tomorrow for the "weekend", FIL is hacking down an x-mas tree, I said nothing bigger than 6 foot or it's staying in the car as I can't be arsed to lug anything bigger up the stairs in the apartment...

Oh, and the parking at the apartment is lots of fun because landlord never had it snow plowed, so lot of the snow in the sun melted, and now thewhole place is an ice rink...very safe that...but shoudn't be surprised, they didn't get it plowed much last winter either, even when it got really bad...
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....

I'm sitting here in what's warming up to be another 30C day in Melbourne. Love it here, but just right now am feeling *really* homesick for the 'Northern European' style of Xmas with snow, carol singers, mulled wine, ice skating on the Fens, very kitsch OTT Xmas decs everywhere, long traffic lines, crowded shops, excessive consumer credit card expenditure, & Morecambe & Wise on TV. Ah, these old traditions die hard...

And even worse - Aussie Xmas trees are kinda floppy & 'limp-wristed' - how will I get my baubles to stay on?

(Ironic that the token forum Jew is the one that feels nostalgic for Xmas, isn't it...? Still at least it is Chanukkah next week....)

Anya.
Old Dec 4th 2004, 10:13 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by anya4oz
I'm sitting here in what's warming up to be another 30C day in Melbourne. Love it here, but just right now am feeling *really* homesick for the 'Northern European' style of Xmas with snow, carol singers, mulled wine, ice skating on the Fens, very kitsch OTT Xmas decs everywhere, long traffic lines, crowded shops, excessive consumer credit card expenditure, & Morecambe & Wise on TV. Ah, these old traditions die hard...
Aye, it must be a bit weird...I'm not a big christmas person, but it's still a fun time really, and the more cheese the better...would be weird it being summer etc, kind of makes it harder to get into I guess...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.