Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

ClaireM will become famous soon enough
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Thank you - I have done that already...

Another question - I emailed via the web site link as, although I know my case officers name I don't have a direct email address for him. However from previous emails received from DIAC I am pretty sure I could work it out...should I do that?

And my reccie was great - fell in love with Melbourne, as I thought I would. I am rather relieved - not sure where it would have left my application if I'd visited the country and hated it!!!

Jetlag is a b@stard though, especially when I am back at work wading through hundreds of (mostly pointless) emails...I can't wait to tell this lot that I am leaving the building

C
Old Oct 29th 2007, 10:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ClaireM
Thank you - I have done that already...

Another question - I emailed via the web site link as, although I know my case officers name I don't have a direct email address for him. However from previous emails received from DIAC I am pretty sure I could work it out...should I do that?

And my reccie was great - fell in love with Melbourne, as I thought I would. I am rather relieved - not sure where it would have left my application if I'd visited the country and hated it!!!

Jetlag is a b@stard though, especially when I am back at work wading through hundreds of (mostly pointless) emails...I can't wait to tell this lot that I am leaving the building

C

In the letter there will be an email address to use - depending on what branch / section is dealing with your visa.

You don't email direct to your Case Officer.....

We are off to Melbourne too - haven't visited though

I can't wait to tell work either - it is hard keeping it quiet.... Only HR manager knows...

Lau x
Old Oct 29th 2007, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Reedy
In the letter there will be an email address to use - depending on what branch / section is dealing with your visa.

You don't email direct to your Case Officer.....

We are off to Melbourne too - haven't visited though

I can't wait to tell work either - it is hard keeping it quiet.... Only HR manager knows...

Lau x

Cheers - I used the link on the letter so that will have to do. I also contacted LCU to see what they are up to - sounds like someone just needs to cross check my application!

Same here with only HR knowing - they were very supportive and didn't tell my boss, who thinks everyone should be at this company until they die. Well I've got news for him and can't wait to share it....although even knowing my meds are fine I daren't until I get that very final email! Nearly there now though, and its good to know that the Junies are finally motoring...

Melbourne is lovely - much more understated than Sydney but it felt really welcoming...

C
Old Oct 29th 2007, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers - I used the link on the letter so that will have to do. I also contacted LCU to see what they are up to - sounds like someone just needs to cross check my application!

Same here with only HR knowing - they were very supportive and didn't tell my boss, who thinks everyone should be at this company until they die. Well I've got news for him and can't wait to share it....although even knowing my meds are fine I daren't until I get that very final email! Nearly there now though, and its good to know that the Junies are finally motoring...

Melbourne is lovely - much more understated than Sydney but it felt really welcoming...

C

My meds were not there until Sept 10th!!! I emailed LCU week last Thursday so should get a response soon!!! Will let you know.

It is strange being in limbo isn't it?

Lau x
Old Oct 29th 2007, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

We quite fancied Melbourne and me and OH are still quite keen to see it but Brisbane was more what we wanted. A friend of ours hated every min. in Melbourne and has no desire to see any more of Aus. than Adelaide. Its funny how diff. things are for diff. people altho' its a good job we're not all the same.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 12:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Babsw
We quite fancied Melbourne and me and OH are still quite keen to see it but Brisbane was more what we wanted. A friend of ours hated every min. in Melbourne and has no desire to see any more of Aus. than Adelaide. Its funny how diff. things are for diff. people altho' its a good job we're not all the same.
The seasons quite appeal and also the fact that their OH&S legislation is similar to the UK's.....

I quite like the rain too..... Just not all the time as it is here

Lau x
Old Oct 29th 2007, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice

Congrats Claire- thats great news! wish it was us! It feels like our app will take ages to finalise as we are still getting extra reports for the medical and then there's the long wait at LCU.........

Patience, patience, patience!!!!
Old Oct 29th 2007, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

boothy6 is an unknown quantity at this point

fantastic news for you Claire, have a wonderful new life down under, keep us updated on your progress, goodluck to the rest of us Junies hopefully some COs are about to contact us soon. Karma to all those still waiting.

Helen
Old Oct 29th 2007, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice

Zipidedoodah!! Just checked emails and Finally after 4 months and 26 days

We have a Case officer!!!!!!

Feels really good to get one more step along! Good luck everyone else still waiting, things seem to be moving now!

Yipeeeeeeeee!
Old Oct 29th 2007, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

austra99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MANDS14

Feels really good to get one more step along! Good luck everyone else still waiting, things seem to be moving now!

Yipeeeeeeeee!
Congratulations!!!

Can you please share your timeline? visa type?
Old Oct 29th 2007, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Congrats Claire- thats great news! wish it was us! It feels like our app will take ages to finalise as we are still getting extra reports for the medical and then there's the long wait at LCU.........

Patience, patience, patience!!!!
Thanks

I don't think it has really registered yet, thanks to the jetlag...however in the BE forum spirit of needing something to fret about, I am now hoping that LCU haven't lost my meds. I know they signed for them on 30th August and have receipts to prove they were undertaken, and according to the timelines should be processed any moment now...guess I'm just used to waiting and worrying

If this is what it feels like to get a CO I will be an utter basket case when/if I get THE email....!!!

Junies do seem to be moving along nicely now so fingers crossed others don't have long to wait before joining the next queue, the one at the check in desk at the airport

C
Old Oct 29th 2007, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yipeeeeeeeee!
Fab News Mands - this process is taking for ever isn't it????

Hope for a quick visa grant for us all now.

Lau x
Old Oct 29th 2007, 7:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks

I don't think it has really registered yet, thanks to the jetlag...however in the BE forum spirit of needing something to fret about, I am now hoping that LCU haven't lost my meds. I know they signed for them on 30th August and have receipts to prove they were undertaken, and according to the timelines should be processed any moment now...guess I'm just used to waiting and worrying

If this is what it feels like to get a CO I will be an utter basket case when/if I get THE email....!!!

Junies do seem to be moving along nicely now so fingers crossed others don't have long to wait before joining the next queue, the one at the check in desk at the airport

C
I won't mind joining that queue at all

Lau x
Old Oct 29th 2007, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

ozplumb is an unknown quantity at this point

Yipeeeeeeeee!
Congratulations MANDS
We are in no particular hurry for our visa but after having set a rough timeline in our minds, all this waiting has absolutely ruined my nerves and nails....
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by austra99
Congratulations!!!

Can you please share your timeline? visa type?
Thanks for your messages all!

In answer to your question Austra99:

TRA sent 1st Mar
Passed TRA 21st Mar
VISA app sent 1st June
Acknowledgement received 29th Aug
Case Officer Assigned 29th Oct

Police checks received back 12th October (41 days to come back due to postal strike)
Medicals done 13th Oct

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.