British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   June 07 visa applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/june-07-visa-applicants-455527/)

MANDS14 Jun 3rd 2007 7:59 pm

June 07 visa applicants

Hi all

As far as I can see no one has started one of these so I thought I'd get the ball rolling!

We sent our app off on June 1st by interparcel. It's apparently in Melbourne as I write this! We are a family of 5 (3 children- 5,3 and 1) hoping to go to Adelaide. We are applying for a 136 visa (modl) and are looking to go next summer.

We have never been to Aus before and sometimes I think we are crazy but what the hell!

Anybody else applying this month? (I've tried to fill in Karen Colebeck's spreadsheet but I couln't get it to work)

whizbangwallop Jun 3rd 2007 8:07 pm

Re: June 07 visa applicants

Hi, we are new to expats, so still trying to get the hang of the site:o We will be applying this month, just trying to get a last couple of pieces of evidence together. I like the look of the spreadsheets, and will add our details to it once I can find it...

Good luck to all:eek:

wannabees Jun 3rd 2007 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by MANDS14 (Post 4868076)
Hi all

As far as I can see no one has started one of these so I thought I'd get the ball rolling!

We sent our app off on June 1st by interparcel. It's apparently in Melbourne as I write this! We are a family of 5 (3 children- 5,3 and 1) hoping to go to Adelaide. We are applying for a 136 visa (modl) and are looking to go next summer.

We have never been to Aus before and sometimes I think we are crazy but what the hell!

Anybody else applying this month? (I've tried to fill in Karen Colebeck's spreadsheet but I couln't get it to work)

We are also going to be June applicants as we are sending ours in next couple of days. On 136 skilled independant - gas fitter. We visited adelaide/brisbane 2 yrs ago both were beautiful places with lovely beaches. were hopefully going to go to Brisbane. Will be there on hols at xmas this year visiting family would be good to use it to validate. Good luck!

MANDS14 Jun 3rd 2007 8:30 pm

Hi whizbangwhallop and wannabees!
And here we go again wannabees-we were on the March TRA thread together! Can I just ask is there a reason you would choose Brisbane over Adelaide? We haven't really researched Queensland as it just seems to be too hot! I don't think I could cope with 40 degree plus heat!

freckles1970 Jun 4th 2007 6:03 am

Hi

I sent off my application bank holiday weekend so will also be a June applicant :thumbsup:

Would be good to get a spreadsheet goign to keep an eye on processing times.

Shoan and Rich Jun 4th 2007 6:46 am

Morning Folks,

We are ready to send the last bits and bobs off to the agent so we should be a June applicant aswell. Applying for a 136 non- modl OH is a Tree Surgeon.

Good luck everyone I will check back once I know its away and hopefully you could add us to the spread sheet.

Fiona&malc Jun 4th 2007 6:52 am

Originally Posted by MANDS14 (Post 4868152)
And here we go again wannabees-we were on the March TRA thread together! Can I just ask is there a reason you would choose Brisbane over Adelaide? We haven't really researched Queensland as it just seems to be too hot! I don't think I could cope with 40 degree plus heat!

you get 40 plus degrees in Adelaide as well y'know ;):D

medwaymark Jun 4th 2007 9:31 am

We posted my wife's spouse visa application on Friday, delivered today :D

Medical done and police checks enclosed....

wannabees Jun 4th 2007 10:30 am

Originally Posted by MANDS14 (Post 4868152)

Hi Mands and others on this thread, we visited adelaide and loved it, oh brother lived there but has recently moved to brsbane. I have visited Brisbane numerous times before i met my partner and love brisbane. Also because our relatives are there may make the move easier! There is more going on for kids/teenagers also, more water parks, etc but thats just my opinion, Adelaide is really beautiful also with gorgeous beaches, restaurants etc. I think no matter where you will end up you wil end up with a better quality of life than here! seems ages since we all received our tra results doesnt it? keep in touch. good luck.

kerikerr Jun 4th 2007 1:09 pm

Hi All,

our agent sent our application off on 1st June, we're going on a 136MODL (nurse) we too are a family of 5, kids 5, 3 and 10 months, heading to Brisbane, never been before but heyho, why not! Now to decide when to put the house on the market and if we should frontload our medicals and PCC, what do you all think???

Keri

adiestubbs Jun 4th 2007 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by MANDS14 (Post 4868076)
Hi all

Sent my 136 MODL (nurse) by interparcel on 1st June. See that it arrived in Adelaide this morning. Sent PCC's with application and will probably frontload meds when recieve acknowledgement.

freckles1970 Jun 4th 2007 3:57 pm

I am going for an STNI visa for Melbourne as a secondary teacher...going on my own so a bit scared:blink:

My application should have arrived in the last few days and I sent with frontloaded PCC'S. I am booked in for meds on the 11th and plan to send these unrequested and hope it may speed things up a bit:thumbsup:

cavysqueak Jun 4th 2007 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by freckles1970 (Post 4871719)
I am going for an STNI visa for Melbourne as a secondary teacher...going on my own so a bit scared:blink:

My application should have arrived in the last few days and I sent with frontloaded PCC'S. I am booked in for meds on the 11th and plan to send these unrequested and hope it may speed things up a bit:thumbsup:

I sent my secondary teacher application off at the end of May & my agent has emailed me the confirmation today! Really excited! :thumbsup: (What do you teach freckles1970? I'm a scientist!!)

I'm not frontloading any police checks or medicals, but that is due to personal circumstances - I can't be in a hurry to get out to Oz as I have too many debts here in the UK still! :( But had to apply before my 30th birthday!

Good luck to us all! May all of our applications miraculously appear at the top of every pile! :D

crocodileseamus Jun 4th 2007 6:42 pm

Hi Curly,

Like yourselves, my wife and I hoping to apply within the next few months (waiting on qualification coming through).

We have four children, eldest 7, twins at 5 and a 6 months old baby.

We like yourselves have never been to Oz, but quite fancy Melbourne, as even Adelaide is as hot as Syndey (couldn't do Brisbane, apparently it is an oven).

We hope to go on a skills visa, can't remember the number, my occupation is on the modl list.

We just fancy a change and are quite sick of the UK, although I have to say neither moi or the OH have ever been outside of Europe.

We decided that is everything works out and we do go, that we will book a holiday to come back home, after a year to help alleviate any homesickness, at least we know we will be visiting friends, family etc.

I think the reason we like the idea of Melbourne is that it has seasons and coming from Northern Ireland we get our fair share of schizo weather.

I hope everything works out for you, and your family and you enjoy your new adventure,

G'day

Crocodileseamus:)

whizbangwallop Jun 4th 2007 8:19 pm

Interesting that there seem to be quite a few planning on Brisbane, as we are too. We are going on a 138 sponsored as I was a tiny bit under the points for a 136. Lucky for us we have quite a few relatives in Aus, with the majority of these being in Brisbane.

Just waiting for a copy of a birth certificate, and a couple of other bits, to arrive then hopefully ours will be winging it's way.. With a bit of luck this will be by the end of the week:thumbsup:

We currently intend to send ours by International Signed For (as this worked for my skills assessment), what has everyone else done:confused: