Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Aug 7th 2010, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Hi everyone, we are still here and still love living here. The novelty still hasnt worn off yet, and I dont think it ever will!! We still go to the beach every week, and as soon as it warms up again, will visit the beach every day!!

We have had ups and one huge down due to lack of work for hubby. But, that has been the only negative of our move and our 2 years plus of living here. First 12mths were fine, then since this time last year work has been on/off, but we are slowly getting back to normal. Think if we hadnt have been so commited to living here from the start, we could have easily been on a flight back to UK. Work seems to be picking back up, so looking at the up side, we should be back how we were in another year!!

Last year we also got stung with buying a 4x4 private, guess that was as bad as the work thing at the time, only had it few weeks and the engine blew, ended up having to buy a new reconditioned one, which was very expensive!!!

I would love to have a trip back to see family and friends that cant come here to visit us, but looking at the cost, $9500 plus for flights (2 adults/ 2 kids), dont think that will be happening for a very long time!!! In May we had some friends migrate, and they loved Peregian, so have moved just down the road from us, and that has been so good. Although we have lots of friends here, we still dont really have people we could just pop in on, or just phone and say, come round for BBQ/shall we come round to yours, but now we can. It would be so good to have family emigrate, yeah, need the lottery for that one

Wow, think this comes under a full update, lol, I will be looking forward to all the other junies replies!!! Hope you are all still here and enjoying life downunder, and to those still in Uk, Good luck with the selling, it will be worth it when you get here!!

Thebournes xx
Old Aug 8th 2010, 5:45 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Bournes
Hi everyone, we are still here and still love living here. The novelty still hasnt worn off yet, and I dont think it ever will!! We still go to the beach every week, and as soon as it warms up again, will visit the beach every day!!

We have had ups and one huge down due to lack of work for hubby. But, that has been the only negative of our move and our 2 years plus of living here. First 12mths were fine, then since this time last year work has been on/off, but we are slowly getting back to normal. Think if we hadnt have been so commited to living here from the start, we could have easily been on a flight back to UK. Work seems to be picking back up, so looking at the up side, we should be back how we were in another year!!

Last year we also got stung with buying a 4x4 private, guess that was as bad as the work thing at the time, only had it few weeks and the engine blew, ended up having to buy a new reconditioned one, which was very expensive!!!

I would love to have a trip back to see family and friends that cant come here to visit us, but looking at the cost, $9500 plus for flights (2 adults/ 2 kids), dont think that will be happening for a very long time!!! In May we had some friends migrate, and they loved Peregian, so have moved just down the road from us, and that has been so good. Although we have lots of friends here, we still dont really have people we could just pop in on, or just phone and say, come round for BBQ/shall we come round to yours, but now we can. It would be so good to have family emigrate, yeah, need the lottery for that one

Wow, think this comes under a full update, lol, I will be looking forward to all the other junies replies!!! Hope you are all still here and enjoying life downunder, and to those still in Uk, Good luck with the selling, it will be worth it when you get here!!

Thebournes xx
We arrived Oct last year and have no regrets what so ever. We have moved into a lovely community and the kids have settled in really well. We have found great schools and the kids love it (even my 13 year old).
My hubby found work within a week of getting her & has just been given a rise. I am in my 2nd job here, that was my choice, didnt like my boss so left and within a week got another one. Fits in with the kids so no need for child care.
Everything seem to be going too good actually. I keep waiting for something to go wrong!

My sister lives about an hour away which is nice when it comes to birthdays & family get togethers and my mum & dad have their visa's to come over its just a waiting game now for them to sell their house.

Fingers crossed everything will carry on as it is now, I wont say I havent had the odd wobble here & there cos i think everyone has those but its never made me want to get back on a plane back to the uk.

This is home now & i'm staying put.
Will do good to here from some more junies 07's x
Old Aug 8th 2010, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

wannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nice

Wow! you're nearly there. It will be worth all the stress an tears in the end.We have dropped price and are changing estate agents this week see if that helps?? which removal company did u use, were starting to look at costs etc now, - any recommendations from anyone else appreciated too. Good luck in the next few weeks, good luck to everyone still waiting, our time will come x
Old Aug 8th 2010, 12:49 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wannabees
Wow! you're nearly there. It will be worth all the stress an tears in the end.We have dropped price and are changing estate agents this week see if that helps?? which removal company did u use, were starting to look at costs etc now, - any recommendations from anyone else appreciated too. Good luck in the next few weeks, good luck to everyone still waiting, our time will come x
It has definatley been worth the wait tho. We used Crown relocations. Cant fault them they were great!
Old Aug 8th 2010, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

wannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nice

thanks for your replies! great to hear you are settling happily, remember the early days of 07 waiting for our TRA's to come back, and pre-grant letters, seems a lifetime ago, just hope we can get house sale before the end of this year, hoping to go around coomera/helensvale area of gold coast, queensland x
Old Aug 8th 2010, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

We used Doree Bonner to ship our stuff. The packers were great, really friendly & helpful, just hope they packed our stuff well but we won't find that out until it arrives in Perth. It's been gone 4 & half weeks now & I can't wait to get my stuff back! I'm fed up of having to borrow hoovers & ironing boards off of friends & I want my breadmaker back, I'd forgotten how naff shop bought bread is.

Spent today dropping bags of outgrown kids clothes round to friends & taken a car full of stuff to the tip. This evening I've got to drop the kids slide at a friends along with a box of toys, jigsaw puzzles & other odds & ends. Tomorrow the sandpit needs taking to a friends, more toys & craft bits to go to pre-school & another tip run. Then Tuesday the kids beds need to be dismantled & dropped off, sofas & our mattress are being collected in the evening & I need to clean the house from top to bottom ready to hand the keys back. I've packed all of our clothes & now can't find anything & we're going to be living out of suitcases for a few weeks yet.

I've just noticed that hubby has written himself in on the calender for a booze up on Tuesday evening. Hoping he's on a wind up there as I'm not cleaning the whole house myself

I'm sure in a month or so's time when we have all our stuff back this bit will seem like a distant memory

Good to hear how others of you are doing

Alison x
Old Sep 7th 2010, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Dusta will become famous soon enough

Well gday there Junies I just thought id have a nosey on here and so good to see people still updating. We are still here south of Perth, rented for a year and brought a house in July last year so good to have our own place. Kids are settled, proper little ozzies love the outdoor life, my work is good have changed to night shifts to have more family time(which is what we are here for!) husband still unsure but started work 3 months ago which helps keep him busy and not miss uk so much. Have thought bout visiting uk but with the prices from here not sure it wil be happening soon. We have met a fantastic group of friends who have contributed to my drink problem!lol everything here revolves around having a few bevvies, not that i'm complaining. So at the moment we are here to stay, well definitely 4 years to get our citizenship. Anyway guys thats us up to date hope you are all doing well. Love to hear how your doingx