Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Oct 10th 2007, 9:44 pm

Bello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by Reedy
Have 3 kids and husband in tow!

We plan to go to Melbourne and will probably do the same jobs we do here and hopefully get to spend more time outdoors with kids.... More daylight hours etc.

I am a Health and Safety professional and OH is Lift Engineer.

Our lives probably won't change much other than the outdoor bits....

Lau xx
Melbournes a lovely place, spent a few weeks in a hotel right next to the cbd exploring the city.

Good luck to you and the family
Old Oct 10th 2007, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

wannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nice

Originally Posted by woodys
Finally weve got our Full Ack!! 15 wks later!Off to look up medicals and couriers as im not letting the royal mail get their hands on them just to sit in a depot:curse:its bad enough with the wait when they get to Oz.Is that all of use Junies with thei full ack?
congrats Woodys an Whizbangwallops an any other junies i've missed! Were still waitin for CO got full ack an file num. frontloaded pcc's and had meds last week in Salford - greatly recommended for anyone in the area! dr was dead friendly and had a lovely friendly nature! Staff couldnt help us enough!and cheaper than manchester and liverpool! well recommended. good luck all.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bello
Melbournes a lovely place, spent a few weeks in a hotel right next to the cbd exploring the city.

Good luck to you and the family
Thanks - same to you...

Lau
Old Oct 14th 2007, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

Oh man, just looked at the september spread sheet and got a bit of a shock at the number of people that have got CO's already!! Makes you wonder if it would have been worth while waiting and applying in September!!!!!

Anyway nothing we can do about it now!! Having one of those depressing days where you just want the wait to be over and get out there!!! Going to start some packing just to make me feel as if I'm doing something
Old Oct 14th 2007, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kerikerr
Oh man, just looked at the september spread sheet and got a bit of a shock at the number of people that have got CO's already!! Makes you wonder if it would have been worth while waiting and applying in September!!!!!

Anyway nothing we can do about it now!! Having one of those depressing days where you just want the wait to be over and get out there!!! Going to start some packing just to make me feel as if I'm doing something
We have not heard anything either, but our agent says that we should have the visa by xmas - but not holding my breath
Old Oct 14th 2007, 2:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Latest info from DIAC

[QUOTE=chris1386;5420687]Hi all, just heard from ASPC after lodging an enquiry, thought you may like to see it.Its reassured me, hope it does you too
It goes like this:
Dear Sir/Madam, Thank you for your e-mail about your visa application under Australia’s General Skilled Migration programme. At this stage your visa application is not yet showing on our system. Due to the huge number of visa applications received recently we are experiencing delays in our application commencement time (which includes uploading the application information onto our system, sending an acknowledgment letter and granting bridging visas if appropriate). We are continuing to process applications as quickly as possible but there are currently delays of more than 12 weeks between applications being received here and commencement. All applications (and bridging visas if appropriate) are back dated to date received and compliance areas have been advised of these delays. The Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre is allocating resources to address the existing backlog of applications that have yet to be receipted and acknowledged. As soon as your application has been commenced we will advise you. If your postal/courier service can provide confirmation that your application was received here there is no need for concern, you will hear from us in the near future. **We are including the information on application commencement times with the application processing times in the auto response from the email address [email protected] if you wish to check these timeframes please send a blank email to this address. IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL VISA APPLICANTS: As of 21 May 2007 the Administration Unit of the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre (ASPC) changed the way they receipt and acknowledge applications to improve the service provided to clients. The Administration Unit is moving towards receipting payment within 7 working days of receiving an application. Currently we are receipting payment for visa applications that were received on the 23rd July, 2007. Where e-mail communication has been authorised, applicants or their authorised representatives should receive e-mailed acknowledgement that the department has received their documents and receipted the relevant visa application charge. If credit card payment fails at this stage another attempt will be made on commencement onto our system and if fails again at that time an officer will contact to offer the opportunity for you to make arrangements for payment. Once an application has been receipted it will undergo validity checking. Once completed if the application is valid, the application will be commenced on our system and an acknowledgement letter with a client reference number and receipt will be sent, this will occur more than 12 weeks after lodgement. We are currently adding applications to our system and sending acknowledgement letters for applications received up to the 25th June 2007. If an application is determined to be invalid all documents will be returned and a refund of the visa application charge arranged. In its Client Service Charter the department has committed to providing timely service delivery and the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre is committed to reducing the processing time for all applicants. We apologise for any inconvenience/concern the delay may cause but we do appreciate your patience in this matter. For any further enquiries about the application you have lodged please refer to our website using the following link http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa...fessionals.htm Yours sincerely, Department of Immigration and Citizenship.

QUOTE]
Old Oct 14th 2007, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

juss44 has a spectacular aura aboutjuss44 has a spectacular aura aboutjuss44 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by MANDS14
Hi whizbangwhallop and wannabees!
And here we go again wannabees-we were on the March TRA thread together! Can I just ask is there a reason you would choose Brisbane over Adelaide? We haven't really researched Queensland as it just seems to be too hot! I don't think I could cope with 40 degree plus heat!
Hi There, just being nosey....Never been to Adelaide but have been to lots of places in QL Brisbane is amazing......Its hot but hey, this is Aussie land for ya!!!!!

Brisbane is clean....sparkling....buzzing.....cosmopolitan.... friendly....child friendly....Great food....cold, cold beer!!!!! But hey, so are lots places we have visited in Aus. I am sure you won't be let down wherever you go. Just have to say good words for Brissy as I hold it close to me heart!!

Juss, enjoy the ride.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

Hammonds will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kerikerr

Know exactly how you feel !! i was sure we would have an e-mail friday morning with case officer. Our medicals arrived at Sydney on 9th August and according to latest timelines should have been processed. Had a really low weekend wondering if we are ever going to get out there, but it's Monday tomorrow and the morning routine of checking e-mails starts again.
Jules
Old Oct 14th 2007, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

boothy6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to all Junies

problem has arisen we are still waiting for full ack which has been hard and feeling more fed up by the minute but now 3 of the 4 children are saying that they don't want to go and the OH not bothered, prehaps because it is taking so long, I don't know. Originally all were very keen and eager esp the 14yr girl and 17 yr boy but not now, the 14 yr girl I think is friends and also rugby as she has played since 6yr and we have found out that the girls only do tag rugby in Oz and do no contact until 18 she is gutted she has done contact for years. The 17yr boy it is friends.

i wasn't bothered about the move to begin with but now we have gotten this far and spent so much money I feel we should see it through and go if successful and come back to UK if we don't like it but to give it ago at least. I have said this to the family and they haven't argued about it but I feel I'm being cruel and it was for them we had decided to emigrate in the first place as we felt there is nothing in the UK for kids these days.

Sorry all had to have a bit of a moan worked last night and had no sleep today ferrying daughter to rugby match so probably just tired and feeling low.

Helen
Old Oct 14th 2007, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by boothy6
Hi to all Junies

problem has arisen we are still waiting for full ack which has been hard and feeling more fed up by the minute but now 3 of the 4 children are saying that they don't want to go and the OH not bothered, prehaps because it is taking so long, I don't know. Originally all were very keen and eager esp the 14yr girl and 17 yr boy but not now, the 14 yr girl I think is friends and also rugby as she has played since 6yr and we have found out that the girls only do tag rugby in Oz and do no contact until 18 she is gutted she has done contact for years. The 17yr boy it is friends.

i wasn't bothered about the move to begin with but now we have gotten this far and spent so much money I feel we should see it through and go if successful and come back to UK if we don't like it but to give it ago at least. I have said this to the family and they haven't argued about it but I feel I'm being cruel and it was for them we had decided to emigrate in the first place as we felt there is nothing in the UK for kids these days.

Sorry all had to have a bit of a moan worked last night and had no sleep today ferrying daughter to rugby match so probably just tired and feeling low.

Helen
Helen,

Moan away, that's the beauty of this forum...

We all go through highs and lows and worry about whether we are doing the right thing. I am sure that the reasons that made you first start off this process (long and frustrating as it is) are as valid today as they were then

To be honest my kids are all really excited about the move and I am more concerned that it is going to hit them like a tonne of bricks when we eventually make the move - so either way you worry. Isn't that a parents job - guilt, worry and more guilt

I am sure that once you receive the ack the excitement will stir once more.

Some karma for good news this week for you.

Regards,

Laura
Old Oct 15th 2007, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

thank you for your support Laura and your karma worked received ack this morning, me and OH excited haven't told kids yet as at school, but had to e mail back to tell them they've made mistakes on the ack letter called me by married name great but several times by previous married name so need to get that altered, don't think they get them proof read before sending them out:curse: Now for another long wait, but am about to e mail Pccs as meds should be there as they were done 10th Aug.

Goodluck and loads of Laura's excellent karma as well as mine to all of us waiting for the great CO.

Helen
Old Oct 15th 2007, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

thank you for your support Laura and your karma worked received ack this morning, me and OH excited haven't told kids yet as at school, but had to e mail back to tell them they've made mistakes on the ack letter called me by married name great but several times by previous married name so need to get that altered, don't think they get them proof read before sending them out:curse: Now for another long wait, but am about to e mail Pccs as meds should be there as they were done 10th Aug.

Goodluck and loads of Laura's excellent karma as well as mine to all of us waiting for the great CO.

Helen

Helen,

I am so pleased for you! Hopefully your meds will be cleared - you never know you might be the first of us Junies to get the visa grant.

Good luck,

Laura
Old Oct 15th 2007, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

To all you fellow Junies, agent sent me a form today apparently we should have heard something by now, so we had to sign this form fax it back and she can then case up the immigration department (thought we had already done this) but anyway we have signed this form sent it back to agent, so you never know we may here something!!!

Just me getting a bit worried as we have sold our house, moved out last week and at the moment living in my mums Granny Annexe.

Good luck to everyone else.

Nicky
Old Oct 15th 2007, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Reedy
Helen,

I am so pleased for you! Hopefully your meds will be cleared - you never know you might be the first of us Junies to get the visa grant.

Good luck,

Laura
That will be the day! expecting another long wait ahead but at least the forum is there to keep our chins up.

Helen
Old Oct 15th 2007, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That will be the day! expecting another long wait ahead but at least the forum is there to keep our chins up.

Helen

We had our meds done 15th Aug but they didn't get to LCU until 10th Sept... The waiting is a killer isn't it??? It will all be worth it in the end though.

I am hoping to hear by the end of November.

Lau xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.