Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Jul 11th 2007, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by Lee and Joanne
Hi all,
We are not quite at the stage your at, even though we started all of this end of feb. We are waiting for our Tra we only sent it yesterday through our agent in Brisbane. Waiting now for more paperwork to come for us to complete. We too are planning on going Adelaide. If anyone out there would like a chat who is in the same boat or can give us a few answers or advice we would really appriciate it. We have two children aged 14 and 7 and we are applying for the 136 visa(modl) also. My husband is an electrician.

Jules if you read this message. Contact me as I too have a 14yr of boy who I would ideally like to start school after christmas. It also concerns me about my son starting his year 10 over there.
Thanks for listening
Joanne
Hi Lee and Joanne

Have you passed TRA then? and we are heading for Adelaide, sold the house a bit quick and have to be out by September so am now in the process of looking for rentals, we hopefully if the visa comes through, to go in Feb 08. At the moment I feel very nervous even though we want to go i think with selling the house and having to get rid of stuff it somehow makes it very real. Just hope we are doing the right thing. Still if we don't try we will never know.

Sorry just read that you have just sent TRA off, so good luck with that.

Nicky
Old Jul 11th 2007, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever
Hi Lee and Joanne

Have you passed TRA then? and we are heading for Adelaide, sold the house a bit quick and have to be out by September so am now in the process of looking for rentals, we hopefully if the visa comes through, to go in Feb 08. At the moment I feel very nervous even though we want to go i think with selling the house and having to get rid of stuff it somehow makes it very real. Just hope we are doing the right thing. Still if we don't try we will never know.

Sorry just read that you have just sent TRA off, so good luck with that.

Nicky
Am I being very thick or are people hoping/expecting visas in four to six months from applying in June? I know some will be quicker coz of front loading for meds etc as some will be longer but is this looking realistic for this time frame? That's fantastic if so, I know we personally can't go before June 2008 but it would be a big relief to know we could talk about WHEN we go as opposed to IF we go. Would appreciate a reply from anyone, please!
Old Jul 11th 2007, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Babsw
Am I being very thick or are people hoping/expecting visas in four to six months from applying in June? I know some will be quicker coz of front loading for meds etc as some will be longer but is this looking realistic for this time frame? That's fantastic if so, I know we personally can't go before June 2008 but it would be a big relief to know we could talk about WHEN we go as opposed to IF we go. Would appreciate a reply from anyone, please!
Hi Babs
We have been told by agent that we should get the visa before xmas, and because we would be in rented we would be in a position to go. We are not in any rush as the longer we are both in work here the more money hopefully we can save. Have you got jobs to go to? and where are you hoping to end up?
Old Jul 11th 2007, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever
Hi Babs
We have been told by agent that we should get the visa before xmas, and because we would be in rented we would be in a position to go. We are not in any rush as the longer we are both in work here the more money hopefully we can save. Have you got jobs to go to? and where are you hoping to end up?
hoping to go to Brisbane, we are in rented now in UK but our eldest son is in year 12,due to take A2s next summer so have to do them before we go.Deffo no jobs to go to but we are trying to save, save, save for when we go to give us time to get right work. We are ping pong poms and don't want to make same mistakes! babs
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:07 am
Just Joined

mandurah3535 will become famous soon enoughmandurah3535 will become famous soon enough

Application recieved at ASPC 1st of June, credid card receipted 18th June 2007 waiting for acknowledgement letter, 136 visa heading for Mandurah/

All the best applicants!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hammonds
hiya,
we're in the same boat. going to put the house on the market beginning of august and ideally would like to be out there just after xmas. we could be being too optimistic but what the hell going to plan for that date and see what happens. My eldest is 14 so we want to be out there for start of Australian school year as these next couple of years is really important school time for her. just need to think positive !
Jules
Hi Jules,

Well we've just spent the last few days starting to get the house in some sort of reasonable condition to sell, painting over the original artworks created by my lovely children on the walls etc! Still unsure of what to do as I really don't want to have to rent before we go but at least if make a start towards getting it ready to sell then I feel as if I'm doing something.

Good luck with your move and fingers crossed that we're out before Christmas.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

dogscogs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandurah3535
Application recieved at ASPC 1st of June, credid card receipted 18th June 2007 waiting for acknowledgement letter, 136 visa heading for Mandurah/

All the best applicants!
Hi Mandurah,

My application was received on the 1st of June for a 136 non-modl visa, with my card debited on the 19th, so it looks like we're both in a very similar boat in terms of Visa and timeframe so it might be good to keep in touch to compare notes! :-)

I'd be interested to hear if you are doing anything like frontloading Police checks or Medicals at all?

Also, having looked at the automated email response from the ASPC this week, it says that they are processing offshore 136 applications lodged on or before september '06 so I am assuming there is a 9 month backlog in assigning case officers to non priority cases... if thats true, and we can expect to wait about 9 months before a case officer even waves our application under his nose is it such a good idea to fronload Police Checks and Medicals (given the length of validity)?

Anyone have a view on this at all?

Dean
Old Jul 14th 2007, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

mandurah3535 will become famous soon enoughmandurah3535 will become famous soon enough

dogscogs,

I wouldn't bother with the ASPC stuff being sent out. I know loads of people on this site and other people going through the process who are getting their visa's with in a couple of months to 5 months at the most providing you have no dramas with health or complicated applications. I have booked meds for 28 august.

all the best let you know how we are getting on.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

whizbangwallop is on a distinguished road

Whooppee.... Pre-ack/receipt received today!!! We can now join the mad bunch who have got excited getting money removed (and lots of it)

And we had the first viewing of our house yesterday..

All the best

Rich
Old Jul 16th 2007, 9:20 am
Just Joined

gillndavie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheColebecks
Hi Gill,

I've added you to the May applicants list (this is the thread for June applicants, trying to catch me out eh??!!! ).

Good luck

Karen xx
Hi Karen,

Thanks for adding us in to the May spreadsheet, although our application got to DIMIA on the 4th of June that's why I had joined the June thread. Sorry if I confused things. Does that make us Junies?? We have had an aknowledgement e-mail and the money has been taken from our account. E-mail said that we should have a file ref. number within six weeks. Counting the days to the 1st of August.

Gill
Old Jul 17th 2007, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

woodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant future

Hi At Last we have finally had word that visa application received 28th June and money takenWhy am i so pleased that vast sums of money have been charged to my credit card?!! one small step nearer....Hows everyone else getting along?
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

Originally Posted by woodys
Hi At Last we have finally had word that visa application received 28th June and money takenWhy am i so pleased that vast sums of money have been charged to my credit card?!! one small step nearer....Hows everyone else getting along?
Anxiously checking my e-mail everyday in the hope that there is some news - it's completely mad because I know there will be no news as it's far too soon but I still do it
Old Jul 18th 2007, 7:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

I too check my emails every day - knowing that I am unlikely to here anything until at least 31st July, I think this process is sending us all slightly mad (That's my excuse and I am sticking to it). I have been keeping track of the April threads and some people are only just receiving their file reference so it may be more of a wait than we think!

We received our police checks back yesterday and so are waiting for the file ref no before we send them off. Even though I knew they would come back clear I was still a bit concerned (Strange I know!).

We have changed the location of our medicals too - we were going to get them done in Trethomas (Ty Bryn) however their prices are twice the price of other places. We have decided to travel to Birmingham (although Bristol is the same price) as they do everything on the one site. Knowing my luck if I have the xray done somewhere else they will get lost!

For anyone from South Wales looking to do medicals it is definitely cheaper over the bridge!confused:

I was talking to a good friend yesterday and was describing how strange it is to have your 'life in limbo'. We can't really make any plans for next year at all because we don't know where we will be! Hopefully we will be in Oz for the New Year sitting on the beach celebrating. It is my daughter's birthday in January and she is really looking forward to having a birthday in the summer for a change.

It will be strange once the meds are done as there will be nothing left to do but sit back and wait - I have never been good at patience! Wonder if I will have any hair left after this????
Old Jul 18th 2007, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

This is so true, having your life in limbo!! We too received our Police checks back and nervously opened them, again knowing fine well I had nothing to worry about( dad was a cop so had no chance to get into bother!) Am going to book medicals in august when we're off on holiday, holiday money now not getting spent lying on a sun lounger in Spain but on medicals in sunny glasgow

I feel as if I've permanently got a knot in my stomach and when I think about all the things that we have to organise and sort out when we finally get our Visa, I can feel the panic attack coming on Should we be starting to organise Oz bank accounts now, should I put my house on the market now, OH MY GOD............................................... .................

On the other hand, some of the time we just get on with daily life as if nothing is happening and think about what we'll be doing next year as if we'll still be in this country forgetting that (hopefully)we'll not be!

This is a very strange experience
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

whizbangwallop is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by woodys
Hi Woodys, Our's was also recieved on the 28/06/07, so we'll see who gets the visa first!

Best of Luck.

Rich and Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.