Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Aug 30th 2007, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Hi all

I haven't posted for a while as nothing positive to report but lo and behold in our email yesterday was the long awaited acknowledgement and file reference number! Can't believe how excited I got about it!!

I think we are going to book meds now which hopefully will be ok. OH has diabetes but is otherwise fit and healthy so fingers crossed that will be ok and they don't find anything wrong with me!

Good luck everyone

Sandy
Old Aug 30th 2007, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light

Great one, well done. I bet it feels like you have been granted the visa how long youve had to wait. We lodged our claim on 12th June so we could get ours next week maybe. We have just sold our house, told them we could move out NOv so think this is possible now!! Does it say in your email how long you will have to wait for a case officer? In the last few weeks its been around another 4-6 wks after acknowlegement but im seeing posts now where it has only been 2 wks. Carley
Old Aug 30th 2007, 1:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MANDS14
Hi all

I haven't posted for a while as nothing positive to report but lo and behold in our email yesterday was the long awaited acknowledgement and file reference number! Can't believe how excited I got about it!!

I think we are going to book meds now which hopefully will be ok. OH has diabetes but is otherwise fit and healthy so fingers crossed that will be ok and they don't find anything wrong with me!

Good luck everyone

Sandy
Sandy,

I have diabetes and have recently been for the medical! It may help prevent delays if your OH can get information from the Dr or consultant (if he has one) to take with him -The DIAC guidelines to the Panel Dr's request specific information i.e.:
  • When and how diabetes diagnosed
  • Latest Hb1AC results
  • Details of ECG tests
  • Details of 24 hour urine samples for creatnine (or however spelt)
  • Prognosis

I am waiting for my GP to complete the report and she phoned this morning to say I could pick it up! I will check on the report if there was anything else they wanted.

I asked the panel dr if this would affect our application and she said she would be lying if she said she knew as they do not see visa applicants or hear from them once the meds are complete - however as I am uncomplicated (OH snorted at this point!) then she couldn't see it being a problem. She said that loads of people with diabetes apply and she would have thought the ASPC wouldn't send them for meds if they wouldn't accept them!

Good luck!

It is nice to see some Junies moving along!!! Can't wait til I am one of them
Old Aug 30th 2007, 2:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bournes
Great one, well done. I bet it feels like you have been granted the visa how long youve had to wait. We lodged our claim on 12th June so we could get ours next week maybe. We have just sold our house, told them we could move out NOv so think this is possible now!! Does it say in your email how long you will have to wait for a case officer? In the last few weeks its been around another 4-6 wks after acknowlegement but im seeing posts now where it has only been 2 wks. Carley
Carley,
Have you had your meds done yet? They seem to be holding things up at the moment. Ours will be sent next week and the medicals thread suggest up to a 10 week check for clearance for 136 - therefore I am probably looking at w/c 19 / 11 before they are cleared! I wanted to be over there by Xmas = may be cutting it fine.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

angiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Reedy
Carley,
Have you had your meds done yet? They seem to be holding things up at the moment. Ours will be sent next week and the medicals thread suggest up to a 10 week check for clearance for 136 - therefore I am probably looking at w/c 19 / 11 before they are cleared! I wanted to be over there by Xmas = may be cutting it fine.
Hello all you Junies

checking my emails and yes WE HAVE HAD ACKNOWLEGEMENT 6.30am

About time

To the Reedys you should have yours anyday now

Angiek
Old Aug 30th 2007, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Well done to all that have got there acknowledgements. We got pre-ack couple of weeks ago, but nothing since. Maybe things are moving for us Junies at last.

Nicky
Old Aug 30th 2007, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light

Carley,
HI Reedy, yes we had them on 31/07 and they arrived in Oz on 13/08, I think the 10 weeks must be from now as about 2 wks ago it was 6 so im hoping ours would be included in the 6 weeks backlog rather than the current meds being sent. If it is 10wks then still should be ok, I think!! Well as its now the wkend, no point wasting my time checking emails until Mon. Lets hope there's something in there worth getting! Good luck, Carley
Old Aug 30th 2007, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Bournes
HI Reedy, yes we had them on 31/07 and they arrived in Oz on 13/08, I think the 10 weeks must be from now as about 2 wks ago it was 6 so im hoping ours would be included in the 6 weeks backlog rather than the current meds being sent. If it is 10wks then still should be ok, I think!! Well as its now the wkend, no point wasting my time checking emails until Mon. Lets hope there's something in there worth getting! Good luck, Carley
Hi, we lodged 4/6 and received the official acknowledgment this morning!!!!
Feel something is happening at last.....now more waiting!! Agents do not recommend front loading however I think we will send off for meds and police checks next month as on reading the forum it does seem to move things along.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Guys, only posted yesterday to say we sold subject to contract after only 4 days on lthe market. This morning got call from estate agents to say that their chain had broke as first time buyers couldnt get the mortgage for their house so they now havnt sold. :curse:Wasnt sure what to say, do we still accept the offer and wait til they do sell (was on market 4mths before they accepted and offer) or put ours back on market. Decided to put back on, hope its the right thing, well if they do get a quick sale i suppose they can still go for ours, the thing is they offered us the asking price, not sure if we will get that again! Oh well, thought it was too good to be true, I suppose now im not in so much of a rush to get that damm visa!!
Old Aug 31st 2007, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice

Congratulations Angie K and destination sydney! If it feels this exciting just to get an acknowledgement imagine what getting the visa must be like!

Hi Reedy

Thanks for all the info on the diabetes. We have been really worried about it. OH was diagnosed at 33 just by chance. He's not overweight and is quite fit so we're just keeping our fingers crossed. He is managing to control without drugs at the mo by watching diet and exercising but they have said he won't be able to do that indefinitely . He's got slightly high bp as well so you can imagine what that reading will be like at the medical!!

We're going to book the meds for mid october so going by the previous posts we are going to be looking at the new year before we might hear.

Hi Carly

In answer to your question the email just quoted the standard CO allocation times as given in the weekly ASPC email i.e applications from October 06 were now being allocated CO's!!!
This seems to be worst case scenario though as people much later than this are being granted visas.

Hi The bournes

So sorry to hear about your house falling through . Hopefully you will sell again quickly. We have decided to rent ours as we have never been to Aus before so we need to keep our options open in case it all goes belly up!

Anyway looks like things might be moving now! Good luck all

Sandy
Old Aug 31st 2007, 1:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MANDS14
Congratulations Angie K and destination sydney! If it feels this exciting just to get an acknowledgement imagine what getting the visa must be like!

Hi Reedy

Thanks for all the info on the diabetes. We have been really worried about it. OH was diagnosed at 33 just by chance. He's not overweight and is quite fit so we're just keeping our fingers crossed. He is managing to control without drugs at the mo by watching diet and exercising but they have said he won't be able to do that indefinitely . He's got slightly high bp as well so you can imagine what that reading will be like at the medical!!

We're going to book the meds for mid october so going by the previous posts we are going to be looking at the new year before we might hear.

Hi Carly

In answer to your question the email just quoted the standard CO allocation times as given in the weekly ASPC email i.e applications from October 06 were now being allocated CO's!!!
This seems to be worst case scenario though as people much later than this are being granted visas.

Hi The bournes

So sorry to hear about your house falling through . Hopefully you will sell again quickly. We have decided to rent ours as we have never been to Aus before so we need to keep our options open in case it all goes belly up!

Anyway looks like things might be moving now! Good luck all

Sandy

Sandy,

I also have issues with BP - don't worry!
Old Aug 31st 2007, 6:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sandy,

I also have issues with BP - don't worry!
Sandy,

I was in work earlier so couldn't elaborate!

Was diagnosed with hypertension in 2004 and it has been successfully controlled with meds ever since. Found out about diabetes in 2005 (I was 31) again is controlled with meds.

I do not miss time from work or cost the state vast sums of money so I am not going to worry too much!

All I can do now is wait - the hardest part. I am quite organised and like to plan things - I have been keeping myself busy looking at areas, contacting schools etc as if we will be granted the visa!

Only someone else going through this process could possibly understand!

Laura
Old Sep 1st 2007, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of

Sandy,

I was in work earlier so couldn't elaborate!

Was diagnosed with hypertension in 2004 and it has been successfully controlled with meds ever since. Found out about diabetes in 2005 (I was 31) again is controlled with meds.

I do not miss time from work or cost the state vast sums of money so I am not going to worry too much!

All I can do now is wait - the hardest part. I am quite organised and like to plan things - I have been keeping myself busy looking at areas, contacting schools etc as if we will be granted the visa!

Only someone else going through this process could possibly understand!

Laura

B.P or Diabetes have never been an issue.
The Govt of Oz has much concern on TB - Aids - Hepatitis..

Old Sep 1st 2007, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by olauf
B.P or Diabetes have never been an issue.
The Govt of Oz has much concern on TB - Aids - Hepatitis..

If your bp IS OVER 140/90 when you have your medicals, it is a big issue.

My Doctor allowed me three goes and mine was above the first two times (white coat syndrome). I asked what would happen if it was over the third time and he replied that I would need to see a cardiologist (£400+) who has to do a report (which is stated on the medical forms). There are already delays at LCU without all that as well.

Last go was 139/89. Phew. Think my body saw the cost and adjusted accordingly!!
Old Sep 1st 2007, 4:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by adiestubbs
If your bp IS OVER 140/90 when you have your medicals, it is a big issue.

My Doctor allowed me three goes and mine was above the first two times (white coat syndrome). I asked what would happen if it was over the third time and he replied that I would need to see a cardiologist (£400+) who has to do a report (which is stated on the medical forms). There are already delays at LCU without all that as well.

Last go was 139/89. Phew. Think my body saw the cost and adjusted accordingly!!
Mine was 130/75 (perfect as I am 33!) on day of meds and has been 130 / 70 for the past 3 GP readings that she has written on her report! It has been fine since I started taking Metformin for the diabetes......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.