Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Jul 20th 2007, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Hi Junies

Is it me or does it seem to be a bit quiet, not had any updates for a while. We are moving out of our house on 13 September, removals are packing and taking our furniture into storage until we go, it is all getting very real.

We don't know whether to book our medicals or wait until we are called, does this help speed up the process?

As we are in rented we are looking to go around Feb 07 time does this seem unreasonable?

Sorry for going on but am trying to stop smoking as well (4 weeks and counting) and today i could just do with a smoke.

Nicky
Old Jul 20th 2007, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nicky,

I sent off for the PCC and have had them back - have filed them safe until I get a reference number and will then send them off.

I have also booked medicals for 15th August and am dieting like mad in a 'last ditch attempt' to have a MORE reasonable BMI.

If you look through the threads you will see that a number of people are now frontloading and it did speed things up a little once they had been assigned a case officer.

Truth be told I am getting them done as I am impatient and it feels like I am doing something to move the process along.

We are hoping to move by the new year in time for eldest daughter to start High School and looking at some previous timelines this would be realistic as long as there is no major problem with meds etc.

Keep panicing when reading through BE threads as I question the information etc that I have sent e.g. sent off skills assessments for OH and I but did not send all of the evidence that I sent for assessment - just covered past 5 years for OH and 4 for myself - although still have all the other documents that I can send if needed. Thought I only needed to send off evidence of work experience to gain points (???)

Sent off marriage certificate, mortgage statements for past 6 years and bank statement but not loads of evidence as proof of genuine marriage - although I am sure that the fact that we have 3 children, have been married 13 years and all our holiday destinations match should help......

Hopefully we will be put out of our misery soon I am predicting that we will all start to hear end Sept / beginning of Oct. - I definitely need another hobbie to keep me busy until then - any suggestions?????

At least we know we are all in the same boat (fingers crossed it doesn't sink!!!)

The Reedz
Old Jul 21st 2007, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Reedy
Hi Nicky,

I sent off for the PCC and have had them back - have filed them safe until I get a reference number and will then send them off.

I have also booked medicals for 15th August and am dieting like mad in a 'last ditch attempt' to have a MORE reasonable BMI.

If you look through the threads you will see that a number of people are now frontloading and it did speed things up a little once they had been assigned a case officer.

Truth be told I am getting them done as I am impatient and it feels like I am doing something to move the process along.

We are hoping to move by the new year in time for eldest daughter to start High School and looking at some previous timelines this would be realistic as long as there is no major problem with meds etc.

Keep panicing when reading through BE threads as I question the information etc that I have sent e.g. sent off skills assessments for OH and I but did not send all of the evidence that I sent for assessment - just covered past 5 years for OH and 4 for myself - although still have all the other documents that I can send if needed. Thought I only needed to send off evidence of work experience to gain points (???)

Sent off marriage certificate, mortgage statements for past 6 years and bank statement but not loads of evidence as proof of genuine marriage - although I am sure that the fact that we have 3 children, have been married 13 years and all our holiday destinations match should help......

Hopefully we will be put out of our misery soon I am predicting that we will all start to hear end Sept / beginning of Oct. - I definitely need another hobbie to keep me busy until then - any suggestions?????

At least we know we are all in the same boat (fingers crossed it doesn't sink!!!)

The Reedz
Thanks for the reply and yes i agree about getting a new hobby, this is slowly taking over our lives.

Daft questions but do you have to have xrays before the medicals and do what if any forms to you have to take with you, and if you have not yet got a reference number how do they match them up?

I might get the medicals booked up as it will be easier as the kids are on hoildays.

Nicky
Old Jul 21st 2007, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future

Hi Ozzy Fever, This is our hobby isnt it

The doctors where we are getting our meds done next week in Notts have arranged the x rays for us before we go to get the medical done, they say that if you havnt got a ref number they put your passport number on everything and thats how they match it up with your application.

I will PM you the forms.

Good Luck.

Rob
Old Jul 21st 2007, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robertnhelen
Hi Ozzy Fever, This is our hobby isnt it

The doctors where we are getting our meds done next week in Notts have arranged the x rays for us before we go to get the medical done, they say that if you havnt got a ref number they put your passport number on everything and thats how they match it up with your application.

I will PM you the forms.

Good Luck.

Rob
Thanks for that Rob, I will phone up and book on Monday. And it would be great if you could PM me the revelant form.

Nicky
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 1:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nicky,

Re the x-ray - it depends on the panel Dr. Some can do it all in one place and so you just turn up on the day. Other dr's can only do meds and you have to go elsewhere for x-ray. When you phone they will tell you, all of the receptionists I have spoken to are really helpful. I believe Rob has sent you the forms (?) in addition to the forms you will need passport photos for everyone and obviously the fee.

We are travelling to Birmingham despite living near Cardiff as they do it all in one place and it works out nearly 1/2 the price for 2 adults 3 children (12,9,7) - Madness!!!! It is definitely work phoning around.

Laura x
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Reedy
Hi Nicky,

Re the x-ray - it depends on the panel Dr. Some can do it all in one place and so you just turn up on the day. Other dr's can only do meds and you have to go elsewhere for x-ray. When you phone they will tell you, all of the receptionists I have spoken to are really helpful. I believe Rob has sent you the forms (?) in addition to the forms you will need passport photos for everyone and obviously the fee.

We are travelling to Birmingham despite living near Cardiff as they do it all in one place and it works out nearly 1/2 the price for 2 adults 3 children (12,9,7) - Madness!!!! It is definitely work phoning around.

Laura x
Thanks for that, I am going to phone the one in Weymouth and Bristol to compare prices as I have heard Bristol is cheaper. Do you have to have the xray before the medical? or can I book the medical and later on have the xray?

Thanks again

Nicky
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

boothy6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever
Thanks for that, I am going to phone the one in Weymouth and Bristol to compare prices as I have heard Bristol is cheaper. Do you have to have the xray before the medical? or can I book the medical and later on have the xray?

Thanks again

Nicky

Hi we have our medicals booked for 10th August and the GPs said that we have to have x rays done first, which we are at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital in the morning and then the medical at a Shrewsbury GP in the afternoon.

Hope that helps

Helen
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by boothy6
Hi we have our medicals booked for 10th August and the GPs said that we have to have x rays done first, which we are at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital in the morning and then the medical at a Shrewsbury GP in the afternoon.

Hope that helps

Helen
Thanks for that Helen
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nicky,

We also looked at Bristol and it is very reasonable - when I phoned them they told me that the xray had to be booked a week before the medical so that the details would be there on the day.

They give you details of who they use for the x-rays when you phone.

Only problem with Bristol is that they only keep a diary for 3 weeks at a time - so if you want to book ahead you have to call back.

Hope this helps

Laura
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

I would check with your Doctor. Didn't matter with ours, wife had the x-ray the day before at a different place so her Doctor didn't have them at the medical. I understand that he matched them up before sending everything on.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Acknowlegement from ASPC today. Pre-acknowlegment was recieved on 20th June, so not bad really.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

Originally Posted by adiestubbs
Acknowlegement from ASPC today. Pre-acknowlegment was recieved on 20th June, so not bad really.
Well done, are you the first then to get acknowledgment, did you get a file reference number as well?
Old Jul 24th 2007, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kerikerr
Well done, are you the first then to get acknowledgment, did you get a file reference number as well?
cheers

Oh yeah I did actually!!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

Originally Posted by adiestubbs
cheers

Oh yeah I did actually!!
That's bang on timelines then eh! Got medicals booked for 6th Aug so hoping to get file ref number before then! Fingers crossed things start moving quickly for all of us

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.