Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

My meds arrived on the same day 21st of June.

I had my pre ack on 18th June so would have though i should have had my full ack by now....this whole process drives you mad don't you think!!!!!
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

ClaireM will become famous soon enough

Aw Freckles, its only one day over the six weeks, and the email did say 'approximately' - I should know, I practically memorised it!!!!

I know what you mean though - I shall be glad when my life doesn't revolve around checking emails almost every waking moment, and I can get on with planning a new life instead!
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

lol...i know it's bonkers isn't it....just panicking as someone posted that they got their full ack in the last couple of days and my pre ack was dated before theirs. I actually think it also has a lot to do with the type of visa applied for.

Old Aug 1st 2007, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

dogscogs is an unknown quantity at this point

I noticed that too, my 136 had acknowledgement of receipt on the 19th of june so hopefully it wont be too far after yours
Old Aug 1st 2007, 3:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Have just been reading the April Thread and they are at last getting assigned case officers.

Also says on there that the delays in the LCU are 6 weeks!!!
Old Aug 1st 2007, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Reedy
Have just been reading the April Thread and they are at last getting assigned case officers.

Also says on there that the delays in the LCU are 6 weeks!!!
My case officer said to allow another 2 weeks to see if they process our medicals. Our medicals were received in Sydney on Thursday 21 June so the delays sound about right
Old Aug 1st 2007, 4:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Josie,

I bet you're getting really hyper! I know that I am feeling a mixture of excitement and nervousness and we haven't even been assigned a case officer yet! Knowing that you have the CO but can't get a decision because of waiting on meds must be frustrating.

Fingers crossed that you will know by the 14th.

Good luck.

Laura
Old Aug 1st 2007, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

Josie,

I bet you're getting really hyper! I know that I am feeling a mixture of excitement and nervousness and we haven't even been assigned a case officer yet! Knowing that you have the CO but can't get a decision because of waiting on meds must be frustrating.

Fingers crossed that you will know by the 14th.

Good luck.

Laura
Also that we have gone alone and have no agent and have a son that has special needs. The waiting is driving me mad
Old Aug 1st 2007, 4:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have a brother-in-law with special needs who is a STAR!! We will be really sad to leave him behind particularly the kids, but we can have exciting hols hey?

We have also done ourselves and not used an agent and when I read the threads I start to panic that I haven't sent enough information.

I am sure that the medicals will be fine. Does the Dr give you any indication?

I also have some med issues i.e. have type 2 diabetes and hypertension which are both well controlled with tablets and managed by Dr not consultant. I am a bit worried about meds but it doesn't affect my day-to-day life and I never have time off work... Unfortunately it is a hereditary thing in my family my Gran had both and lived to 83 and was fit until she died......

Will keep an eye out for your post saying you have got your visa.

Where are you headed? We are looking at Melbourne as we quite fancy having the seasons....
Old Aug 1st 2007, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

I have a brother-in-law with special needs who is a STAR!! We will be really sad to leave him behind particularly the kids, but we can have exciting hols hey?

We have also done ourselves and not used an agent and when I read the threads I start to panic that I haven't sent enough information.

I am sure that the medicals will be fine. Does the Dr give you any indication?

I also have some med issues i.e. have type 2 diabetes and hypertension which are both well controlled with tablets and managed by Dr not consultant. I am a bit worried about meds but it doesn't affect my day-to-day life and I never have time off work... Unfortunately it is a hereditary thing in my family my Gran had both and lived to 83 and was fit until she died......

Will keep an eye out for your post saying you have got your visa.

Where are you headed? We are looking at Melbourne as we quite fancy having the seasons....
We are going to Sydney as that is where my husband has a job. As for the Dr on our way out I said 'oh now the worrying begins' and he smiled and said I think you will all be fine. Not sure if he was polite or not but it helped. Our son Has mild Aspergers (Autism) and mild cerebral palsy. He leads a full life and the only thing that seems to bother him is the cold weather as it makes his legs go tight. That is the main reason we are taking him to a warm country so he can have full mobility. He never has been in hospital and take no medication so fingers crossed they will pass his medical

The medicals were very relaxed and the doctor was lovely. I took every piece of paperwork I owned for our son and he took a couple of pieces and that was that. Will hopefully have some news when we get through this back log of medicals
Old Aug 1st 2007, 4:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It sounds to me as though you have nothing to worry about...
I spoke to a friend who had medical problems and his case officer advised that they base the decision on how much the individual will cost the state. I believe they said the average Australian costs the state $15,000 aud per year and as long as the condition does not or will not require medical treatment in excess of this value it should be fine. I am not sure how true this is but also made me feel better.

Sydney here you come!!!!!

Laura
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:07 am
Just Joined

allibongo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TheColebecks
Hi All,

I am the keeper of the visa application spreadsheet so if you PM / email me your details (criteria as below), I will add you to the list

Good luck everyone.

Expats Username:
Headed for:
Date application sent:
Visa Type (specify if MODL/STNI/SIR):
Used an agent Y/N:
Meds front loaded/booked/done (date):
PCCs front loaded/sent for (date):

Karen xx
hi karen, can you please add us to the list. We are hoping to go to brisbane. Our application was sent on 22/06/07 so we are waiting. Have not had medicals or police checks done yet. House is up for sale and we are hoping to go early next year. We are applying on 136 MODL I am dual qualified nurse and midwife and husband is an upholsterer.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

woodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant futurewoodys has a brilliant future

hi This forum is addictive!But its good to log on and be in the same boat as others ,good luck and fingers crossed we hear something soon!
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 6:54 am
Just Joined

allibongo will become famous soon enough

hi ya. your right this forum is addictive. Good luck with your application, hope you hear something soon
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I log on every day hoping that one of the other Junies has had some news!!! Also am obsessive about checking my emails as I am sure everyone else is doing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.