Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:14 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by flossie22
Have you tried changing agents? we now have 2 and the newer ones seem keen to get people throught he door. I know we could go 4 a holiday to activate the visa-but I am a real spoilt brat and if I go-I really dont want to have to come back. The actual getting the visa took 8 months but with all the 'proof' providing and hastle from my sons dad-its taken us 2 years to get this far. I feel like going outside with a sandwich board shouting 'roll-up. roll-up-house for sale!' but feel the men in white coats might turn up 4 me with a nice white back to front coat and a room with duvets stapled to the walls!!!

We are hoping to get to Joondalup or as near as-thats where my uncle and grandad are. I dont know if we will stay in that area-plan to rent first and see how it goes in terms of jobs-schools etc.

Where are u heading??
Hoping to build in Southern River but its quite expensive to rent there at the min. So, we'll probably look to rent just outside but within distance of travelling to the school i've managed to get the kids into. I just want to know where i'll be in the next 6 months Its the not knowing thats a killer! We've got till 10/1/09 to validate so hopefully we'll be there & sorted by then. Fingers crossed anyway. Hopefully when the weather picks up the housing market might pick up again too
Goodluck
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all, well thats it, the passports came back this morning so we got to it and booked the flights!!

We fly from Birmingham with Emirates 9.00pm Sunday 20th April, and arrive 7.00am Tue 22nd, so 3 weeks time!!!!

We dont stayover night anywhere, but we have 2 stops at airports, it was either that or fly from Heathrow, and i dont know how we would have got there, plus you can add on more travelling time.

Im keeping my fingers crossed for the last few junies still waiting!! I really didnt expect to find myself here so soon as it dragged on for so long, but im sure it wont be much longer for all thats still waiting!

Carley
Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Bournes
Hi all, well thats it, the passports came back this morning so we got to it and booked the flights!!

We fly from Birmingham with Emirates 9.00pm Sunday 20th April, and arrive 7.00am Tue 22nd, so 3 weeks time!!!!

We dont stayover night anywhere, but we have 2 stops at airports, it was either that or fly from Heathrow, and i dont know how we would have got there, plus you can add on more travelling time.

Im keeping my fingers crossed for the last few junies still waiting!! I really didnt expect to find myself here so soon as it dragged on for so long, but im sure it wont be much longer for all thats still waiting!

Carley
Hi Carley, guess you won't have much time to be on here now so congrats on getting your passports stamped and flights booked.I won't pretend to not be envious but i am really pleased for you and hope you enjoy the rest of your life in aus! Take care and try to keep in touch!!! Babs.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

saraheagles is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Bournes

Carley
Hi Carley,

Just reading your timeline, so you didn't get allocated a c/o??

Maybe there is hope for us soon!!

Cheery,

Sarah
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

flossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of light

congrats
Old Mar 30th 2008, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Sarah, no, we never had a CO, and just had the visa grant letter sent in an email, that was it! As long as you sent everything that they ask for, and meds/pcc are there, they will just grant visas

Originally Posted by saraheagles
Hi Carley,

Just reading your timeline, so you didn't get allocated a c/o??

Maybe there is hope for us soon!!

Cheery,

Sarah
Old Apr 6th 2008, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Just wondered how many of Junies are left( if i get no replies i'll know i'm the last).
How many are just waiting for visa and has everyone got CO now?
No one seems to update the time line so its hard to tell who's still around
I'm sure our meds must have been processed ( received in Aus around 28' Feb) so just waiting for final bit now.
Hello and good luck if there is any one else apart from me left
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:02 am
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Lots of luck to those still waiting on your visas

Looks like there are a few of us stuck trying to sell our houses in this rubbish market!! We got sick of it so have booked our flights for 23rd June and just hope we sell by then scary thing to do but we've only had one viewing in 8 weeks and I can't bare to put off going any longer, especially as I just got made redundant!!

Anyone else leaving with their house unsold?? Any advice?? so scared and stressed ahhhhh!!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Babsw
Just wondered how many of Junies are left( if i get no replies i'll know i'm the last).
How many are just waiting for visa and has everyone got CO now?
No one seems to update the time line so its hard to tell who's still around
I'm sure our meds must have been processed ( received in Aus around 28' Feb) so just waiting for final bit now.
Hello and good luck if there is any one else apart from me left

Were still waiting for a c.o

Reciepted the 5th of June, ack September and nothing we have frontloaded meds.

I'm going insane!!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 1:29 am
M8M
Forum Regular

M8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the rough

Were still waiting for a c.o

Reciepted the 5th of June, ack September and nothing we have frontloaded meds.

I'm going insane!!
were july 07 applicants and hadnt heard anything until we got on to our agent last week.she emailed DIAC and the responce was we had a CO since december and the agent knew nothing about it till the reply on friday last.with u being a month b4 us u should have a CO.i would seriously get on to the DIAC personnally if not using an agent and find out whats up
Old Apr 7th 2008, 2:32 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
Lots of luck to those still waiting on your visas

Looks like there are a few of us stuck trying to sell our houses in this rubbish market!! We got sick of it so have booked our flights for 23rd June and just hope we sell by then scary thing to do but we've only had one viewing in 8 weeks and I can't bare to put off going any longer, especially as I just got made redundant!!

Anyone else leaving with their house unsold?? Any advice?? so scared and stressed ahhhhh!!

SNAP!
We're the same as you. 1 viewer in 9 weeks! Not good.
My hubby gets his redundancy at the end of June so we were hoping to go then but it looks like were gonna stick it out till we sell
Goodluck & hope you get a buyer soon
Old Apr 7th 2008, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by M8M
were july 07 applicants and hadnt heard anything until we got on to our agent last week.she emailed DIAC and the responce was we had a CO since december and the agent knew nothing about it till the reply on friday last.with u being a month b4 us u should have a CO.i would seriously get on to the DIAC personnally if not using an agent and find out whats up
I spoke to London House and they seem to think that we have a c.o because some parts of the applicaition have been verified and meds have been finalized?? But she said speak to our agent? They said applications are taking around 12-15m months??? Oour agent says just be patient, guess I don't have any other choice!!!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 3:47 am
M8M
Forum Regular

M8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the roughM8M is a jewel in the rough

I spoke to London House and they seem to think that we have a c.o because some parts of the applicaition have been verified and meds have been finalized?? But she said speak to our agent? They said applications are taking around 12-15m months??? Oour agent says just be patient, guess I don't have any other choice!!!
can your agent not follow it up for you surely thats what your paying them for, if we had been more patient we wouldnt of found out that we had a CO.all your agent has to do is to send an email to ASPC.it will take all of 5 mins for your agent to do it if they can bothered.explain that other people have got CO's/visas after you.thats what we said to our agent and she got straight on it.you have been patient long enough so get on to your agent all this cnt b healthy for your state of mind.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by M8M
can your agent not follow it up for you surely thats what your paying them for, if we had been more patient we wouldnt of found out that we had a CO.all your agent has to do is to send an email to ASPC.it will take all of 5 mins for your agent to do it if they can bothered.explain that other people have got CO's/visas after you.thats what we said to our agent and she got straight on it.you have been patient long enough so get on to your agent all this cnt b healthy for your state of mind.
Our agent said that she has enquired with them, they are MARA registered. I've attached the email which I got from her.

'Just to let you know that I had a response to the enquiry I made about the status of your visa application and all that is says is that they are currently allocating files to case officers that were lodged in April 2007. I would assume that we will probably have contact from a case officer next month, obviously I will let you know as soon as they contact me.'

That will bring thing to a total of 10 months? Should I email her saying that we called London House and they think we have a c.o??? Ahhhh... I'm so frustrated with this whole process.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:17 am
M8M
Forum Regular

Our agent said that she has enquired with them, they are MARA registered. I've attached the email which I got from her.

'Just to let you know that I had a response to the enquiry I made about the status of your visa application and all that is says is that they are currently allocating files to case officers that were lodged in April 2007. I would assume that we will probably have contact from a case officer next month, obviously I will let you know as soon as they contact me.'

That will bring thing to a total of 10 months? Should I email her saying that we called London House and they think we have a c.o??? Ahhhh... I'm so frustrated with this whole process.
very strange coz we have CO since december so it doesnt add up.sounds to me that your agent just got the answer from the automated email which is updated every tuesday.i noticed on other threads that people are saying that the automated email is rough guide line for high risk countries and low risk is quicker.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.