Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Jun 27th 2007, 5:06 am
  #106  
Forum Regular
 
whizbangwallop's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 138
whizbangwallop is on a distinguished road
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Thanks for that FoxyRuthie, at least it confirms the change over date. I am hoping that ours does arrive this week, but we'll just have to wait and see

Cheers,

Rich

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
Great news guys congrats to those that have had their receipts and money taken so funny how we're so happy to have so much money taken from us! Seems like DIMA were on a roll yesterday!

whizbangwhallop - I got an update yesterady from aspc.processing that annouced that the new 136 visa cost wuld be $2060 and would only apply to thoe visa apps received AFTER 1st July, so as long as you know its been delievered before 1st July you know you're ok! quote from email...

'Visa application charges increase on 1 July 2007. The new charges apply
only to applications received on or after 1 July 2007.'

Hope that helps

whizbangwallop is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2007, 5:11 am
  #107  
Forum Regular
 
whizbangwallop's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 138
whizbangwallop is on a distinguished road
Question Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by ClaireM
Morning all!

Just to say I too got my pre-acknowledgement email and receipt number today. I have never been so thrilled to spend over £800 on paperwork

I was working myself into a frenzy because I sent my application by Royal Mail and was getting really scared that it had fallen on a sorting office floor or something. But they've got it, and I'm on the road!

Another six weeks until the next correspondence now, so must try and forget about it. As if.

Claire
Hi Claire, congrats... Did the receipt email tell you the date which they actually received it??? I am trying to work out when ours is likely to get there and as you also sent yours via Royal Mail it would help.

Cheers Rich
whizbangwallop is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2007, 5:48 am
  #108  
BE Enthusiast
 
TheColebecks's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Buckinghamshire
Posts: 961
TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Hi All,

Just took a look back through this thread to see if I'd missed any newbies for the June spreadsheet - which I had - so all additions now (hopefully) made.

To save me time I'd really appreciate any additions/updates emailed to me or sent via Private Message.

In your message can you mention which spreadsheet you are as I now have about 10 sheets on the go and it takes ages to check through them all!!

Thank you for your help.

Karen xx
TheColebecks is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2007, 6:51 am
  #109  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Reedy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,135
Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Hi Guys,

We also have had email confirming they have taken payment and receipt. We sent Royal Mail and was received 19th June.

I am so relieved that it is there - just have to leave it in the hands of fate now!
Have sent for PC's but am waiting until Summer Hols for Meds as do not want to take kiddies out of school when there is no urgency!

Reedy is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:05 am
  #110  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 46
ClaireM will become famous soon enough
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by whizbangwallop
Hi Claire, congrats... Did the receipt email tell you the date which they actually received it??? I am trying to work out when ours is likely to get there and as you also sent yours via Royal Mail it would help.

Cheers Rich
Hi there!

They actually received it on the 19th, so just over a week from signing for it to emailing me to confirm The email also says that I can expect a six week wait before full acknowledgement and a file number, although they've given me a receipt number for the large wad of cash that they've swiped from my credit card!
Sad but I keep reading the email over, as it makes it more real. It'll be a long road but at least I know the journey has started now!

Cheers
Claire
ClaireM is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:35 am
  #111  
Forum Regular
 
whizbangwallop's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 138
whizbangwallop is on a distinguished road
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

thanks for that. That's 2 of you then with only 16 days from sending to pre-ack... Not bad at all - and who needs money anyway...

Rich
whizbangwallop is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:28 am
  #112  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Lowestoft
Posts: 24
Hammonds will become famous soon enough
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by ClaireM
Hi there!

They actually received it on the 19th, so just over a week from signing for it to emailing me to confirm The email also says that I can expect a six week wait before full acknowledgement and a file number, although they've given me a receipt number for the large wad of cash that they've swiped from my credit card!
Sad but I keep reading the email over, as it makes it more real. It'll be a long road but at least I know the journey has started now!

Cheers
Claire
hiya,
just sitting here chuckling to myself as i must have read our confirmation e-mail a dozen times incase i have missed something important !
Jules
Hammonds is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2007, 5:21 pm
  #113  
Forum Regular
 
whizbangwallop's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 138
whizbangwallop is on a distinguished road
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Just had confirmation from AusPost that the item was delivered today (28 Jun), so i am expecting the receipt date to be before the weekend.

Phew, sigh of relief....

Rich

Originally Posted by whizbangwallop
thanks for that. That's 2 of you then with only 16 days from sending to pre-ack... Not bad at all - and who needs money anyway...

Rich
whizbangwallop is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2007, 6:46 pm
  #114  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Ashgrove, Brisbane
Posts: 206
kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by whizbangwallop
Just had confirmation from AusPost that the item was delivered today (28 Jun), so i am expecting the receipt date to be before the weekend.

Phew, sigh of relief....

Rich
I'm sure you'll receive it before the weekend as they seem to be pretty quick at the moment!! You're an early bird, I though it was just me up at ungodly hours of the morning ( with 3 under 5yr olds who don't know the meaning of a long lie in!).........

Keri
kerikerr is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2007, 7:49 pm
  #115  
West Yorkshire to Cairns!
 
FoxyRuthie's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Cairns yippeee!!!
Posts: 201
FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Yippeee!! Just checked my credit card online and they've taken £867!! Think my credit card gave me a rubbish exchange rate but hey don't care coz they have our visa yippee! Can't wait to get home and check my emails now! Funny thought coz I checked them last night and there wasn't anything and my credit card said the money was taken 26th June, ah well its in the process so who cares! Gonna front load our PCC's any day now.

FoxyRuthie is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:55 pm
  #116  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Ashgrove, Brisbane
Posts: 206
kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Congrats FoxyRuthieNow get a move on DIAC with the CO's
kerikerr is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2007, 12:25 am
  #117  
West Yorkshire to Cairns!
 
FoxyRuthie's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Cairns yippeee!!!
Posts: 201
FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by kerikerr
Congrats FoxyRuthieNow get a move on DIAC with the CO's
Thanks kerikerr! I am impressed with their speed at the moment, keep it up I say!

As soon as I have that letter and file reference I'm gonna book our meds, trying to spread all the costs a little!

FoxyRuthie is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2007, 2:16 am
  #118  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Ashgrove, Brisbane
Posts: 206
kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
Thanks kerikerr! I am impressed with their speed at the moment, keep it up I say!

As soon as I have that letter and file reference I'm gonna book our meds, trying to spread all the costs a little!

I know, I think we'll do the same although agent advised us not to have medicals until CO requested them but we'd rather get them over and done with cause if there's a problem then it would give us more time to get it sorted out or not if it's some horrible incurable disease!!!!
kerikerr is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2007, 4:09 am
  #119  
Forum Regular
 
whizbangwallop's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 138
whizbangwallop is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by kerikerr
I'm sure you'll receive it before the weekend as they seem to be pretty quick at the moment!! You're an early bird, I though it was just me up at ungodly hours of the morning ( with 3 under 5yr olds who don't know the meaning of a long lie in!).........

Keri
Always have been an early bird, and a worrier to boot , which is why I am thinking similar to you for the Meds. Our current plan is to do those and the PC's around about Nov time, but it would be nice to know that we have got the all clear, as that is now the top of my worry list

I won't question your sanity in having 3 all under 5, as I'm sure you're a lovely intelligent person really
whizbangwallop is offline  
Old Jun 28th 2007, 4:11 am
  #120  
Forum Regular
 
whizbangwallop's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 138
whizbangwallop is on a distinguished road
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
Yippeee!! Just checked my credit card online and they've taken £867!! Think my credit card gave me a rubbish exchange rate but hey don't care coz they have our visa yippee! Can't wait to get home and check my emails now! Funny thought coz I checked them last night and there wasn't anything and my credit card said the money was taken 26th June, ah well its in the process so who cares! Gonna front load our PCC's any day now.

Congrats, they do seem to be moving really quick now...

Rich
whizbangwallop is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.