Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:26 pm
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever
Need some advice regarding the new fees, our application was posted by our agent on 20 June along with a bankers draft for the old fee. Am getting a little worried as agent has not heard back from DIAC and she has just told me that she will not know if DIAC are using the old or new fee until they take the money, but I sent a bankers draft.

So reason for asking is do you think our application should have reached Oz before 1st July deadline and if I sent bankders draft?

Nicky
According to the ASPC email updates they will only charge the new fees for applications RECEIVED after 1st July so I'm sure if you sent yours on 20th June that it will have arrived well before 1st July so you should be fine on the old fees. Let us know how you get on.

Sending lots of good vibes!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

We are going to Sydney..if we get the Visa's. What about you?
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Josie1100
We are going to Sydney..if we get the Visa's. What about you?
Hopefully Adelaide if we get through this
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Need some advice regarding the new fees, our application was posted by our agent on 20 June along with a bankers draft for the old fee. Am getting a little worried as agent has not heard back from DIAC and she has just told me that she will not know if DIAC are using the old or new fee until they take the money, but I sent a bankers draft.

So reason for asking is do you think our application should have reached Oz before 1st July deadline and if I sent bankders draft?

Nicky
would they not accept the date of posting as proof it was sent before july 1?Babs.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Babsw
would they not accept the date of posting as proof it was sent before july 1?Babs.
Hi there, just wanted to add my thought which is normally when important things are involved such as dates of applications, it is normally the date they receive it, therefore if you are sending it a few days before the date of any changes then when they receive it, it is on or after that date that is what will be the main date of receipt. It will not matter what posting date you have on it, even if it was a month before the change date, if it is not received before the 1st July the new rules will be inforce. If you say you posted it on 20th I would have thought it would have been received on or around 26th so that gives you a few days spare. If I was you I wouldnt be too worried. Carley
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

whizbangwallop is on a distinguished road

Nicky
Hi Nicky, ours was posted on 22 Jun from UK and AusPost confirmed delivery on 28 Jun. We are still awaiting to find out if this means we will pay the old or new fee, but will just be happy to receive the pre-acknowldgement so we can forget it for a few weeks.

Cheers,

Rich
Old Jul 4th 2007, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Thanks for all your replies, will just have to wait and see if they want more money as we sent a bankers draft with the application. Fingers crossed that it arrived before 1st July.

Nicky
Old Jul 5th 2007, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

cyrused is an unknown quantity at this point

HI everyone.
We applied right at the end of June so we just managed to squeeze in, OH is a welder and we are hopefully going on a 136 visa, cant wait now just counting down the days/minutes lol.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

angiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to all

We have sold the house

OMG

Can't believe it.

Over half way there

AngieK
Old Jul 7th 2007, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

ooh I have just received an acknowledgement letter through the post with a receipt this morning
Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:52 am
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

ooh I have just received an acknowledgement letter through the post with a receipt this morning
CONGRATS fantastic news Josie1100 next step completed! How exciting! I think you're the first Junie to receive acknowledgement excellent stuff really quick too.

Old Jul 9th 2007, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

does this mean you now get a case officer and am i right in thinking that if this is so it won't be that long for your meds and PCC and then your actual visa or have i jumped a stage somewhere? What ever way congrats coz its another stage on isn't it and gives hope to us junies!! babs.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

We sent the medicals 2 weeks before the visa's were sent away and the police checks went with the Visa's. We now have a case officer but the ackowledgement letter said to allow 3-4 months average time. Some others who put in for the same visa's as us have been waiting about 7 weeks from ackowledgement so have no clue how long now? Hope you all start to hear very soon from them
Old Jul 9th 2007, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by angiek
We have sold the house

OMG

Can't believe it.

Over half way there

AngieK
Congratulations on selling the house, we have sold as well are buyers want to be in by 11 Sept so am trying to find a short term rental to go in.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
I think you're the first Junie to receive acknowledgement excellent stuff really quick too.
Nah... I can think of one Junie that has already got a visa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.