Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by boothy6
Hi can anyone help

my completed visa (well nearly) application 136 inde skilled is ready to go off tomorrow except for one quick query, you know when you read something twice and wish you hadn't as the second time round you think it means something different!!!! well that has happened, on the visa number 120 asks 'Is this application for a Skill Matching Visa?' you tick either yes or no which I thought would be no as I didn't fill in the Skill Matching Data base, but then it says if you fill in no the application will be returned unassessed, is this something different or do I fill in no?

So confused as if I tick yes then I have to sign a declaration concerning Independent regional visa application which I didn't think was right either, as I wasn't applying for a regional visa.

Please help, what do I tick yes or no?????

Helen
Is this the new 47sk or the old one? Design date is in the bottom right hand corner.

Question 118 asks if this is a skill matching visa, but you dont have to answer this as you should have answered "yes" to 117 and then jumped to question 119 (payment) then 122 (for all applicants), 123 (checklist) and finally 125 (social security payments). And thats it. Your not applying for the database or skilled regional so dont have to sign where you thought.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

boothy6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by adiestubbs
Is this the new 47sk or the old one? Design date is in the bottom right hand corner.

Question 118 asks if this is a skill matching visa, but you dont have to answer this as you should have answered "yes" to 117 and then jumped to question 119 (payment) then 122 (for all applicants), 123 (checklist) and finally 125 (social security payments). And thats it. Your not applying for the database or skilled regional so dont have to sign where you thought.
thanks for that I think that I was looking at it too long
yes you are right I should have missed that number out anyway I was checking I had filled everything in and saw a gap but didn't check the question before.:curse:

thanks
Helen
Old Jun 25th 2007, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light

HI there, just thought id say we have also received email (23/06/07), to say we have a receipt no.and payment has been taken. We sent our on 06/06, it was signed for on 12/06 so 1wk and 4 days it took them to do this. If you havnt gone with an agent like us they will only email the receipt details if you told them an email address(they wont send anything for this in the post). It also said it can take up to 6 wks from 23/06 to get acknowledged/CO (but that is the longest it can take, hopefully its much quicker!!). We are expecting police checks to arrive any day now but im not sure when to book meds. Carley
Old Jun 25th 2007, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light

HI there, just to let you know my details. (can you also let me know how I can look at the visa app. spreadsheet. Thanks) Carley

The Bournes
Sunshine Coast, Mooloolaba/Maroochydore (Brisbane)
App sent on 06/06
Carpenter/Joiner
MODL/skilled 136 PR visa
Not used agent, Meds not front loaded, Police checks sent for 16/05 still not received.

I am the keeper of the visa application spreadsheet so if you PM / email me your details (criteria as below), I will add you to the list

Good luck everyone.

Expats Username:
Headed for:
Date application sent:
Visa Type (specify if MODL/STNI/SIR):
Used an agent Y/N:
Meds front loaded/booked/done (date):
PCCs front loaded/sent for (date):

Karen xx[/QUOTE]
Old Jun 25th 2007, 11:18 am
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Hey this is all great news! Huge congrats to all those getting your email receipts, they seem to be going quite fast at the moment lets hope they keep it up, great stuff!

I needed some good news after my 'reliable' car broke down this morning!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

Hi all,
Received e-mail today confirming receipt of application on 13/06/07 and money taken out of account! Hurray, feels like one step closer! Good luck to those still waiting

Keri
Old Jun 26th 2007, 8:25 am

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice

Originally Posted by kerikerr
Hi all,
Received e-mail today confirming receipt of application on 13/06/07 and money taken out of account! Hurray, feels like one step closer! Good luck to those still waiting

Keri
CONGRATS KERI

Great news, I think we're on a roll, keep em coming DIAC!

Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

I've never seen so many people so happy to have hundreds of pounds taken from their accounts....

Congrats

Originally Posted by kerikerr
Hi all,

Keri
Old Jun 26th 2007, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

I know,This process makes you MAD: At least it's the final payment in a long long line of disappearing dosh!

Keri
Old Jun 26th 2007, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future

Got Email this morning to say visa app aknowledged and they have taken money from our account, never been so happy at spending so much money. Another step closer
Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by robertnhelen
Got Email this morning to say visa app aknowledged and they have taken money from our account, never been so happy at spending so much money. Another step closer
just checked my credit card balance and they've taken our money as well! No going back now eh!!! Babs.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

whizbangwallop is on a distinguished road

Congrats all that are one step closer by money being taken I can't wait to get to that point (but then I keep saying that every step of the way).

I am a little worried at the moment though in relation to these visa application charge increases. On a response to a thread (at the top of the immigration area) George Lombard has stated that applications with the wrong amount are likely to be rejected. I am kinda hoping though that so long as the application is postage-dated pre 1 Jul that it will be alright, or that they will just take the extra money. At the moment the DIMA site still does not say anything about the price increases. I hope I am just worrying unnecessarily.

Rich
Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

the dooners is on a distinguished road

Hi everybody just a quick line to say I got an acknowledgment today from agent saying visa application was recevied on the 13/06, taken my money and gave me a receipt number .
now another wait of 6 weeks till the next bit

good luck to everyone else
the dooners
Old Jun 27th 2007, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

ClaireM will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: June 07 visa applicants

Morning all!

Just to say I too got my pre-acknowledgement email and receipt number today. I have never been so thrilled to spend over £800 on paperwork

I was working myself into a frenzy because I sent my application by Royal Mail and was getting really scared that it had fallen on a sorting office floor or something. But they've got it, and I'm on the road!

Another six weeks until the next correspondence now, so must try and forget about it. As if.

Claire
Old Jun 27th 2007, 7:53 am

Great news guys congrats to those that have had their receipts and money taken so funny how we're so happy to have so much money taken from us! Seems like DIMA were on a roll yesterday!

whizbangwhallop - I got an update yesterady from aspc.processing that annouced that the new 136 visa cost wuld be $2060 and would only apply to thoe visa apps received AFTER 1st July, so as long as you know its been delievered before 1st July you know you're ok! quote from email...

'Visa application charges increase on 1 July 2007. The new charges apply
only to applications received on or after 1 July 2007.'

Hope that helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.