Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

whizbangwallop is on a distinguished road
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

[QUOTE=flump;5201526]I used PO for the tra but you can't track it ince it has left the uk so was thinkin gof using someone diff for the visa.

Once your package is at the UK airport RM will no longer track it for you, but you can Email Auspost and qoute your royal mail receipt number and they will tell you the progress of your package. We have done this twice now.

Hope this helps.

JO
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

[QUOTE=whizbangwallop;5221250]
Originally Posted by flump
I used PO for the tra but you can't track it ince it has left the uk so was thinkin gof using someone diff for the visa.

Once your package is at the UK airport RM will no longer track it for you, but you can Email Auspost and qoute your royal mail receipt number and they will tell you the progress of your package. We have done this twice now.

Hope this helps.

JO

Im trying to track my medicals, sent by panel doctor Royal Mail signed for. I emailed auspost (with date and tracking) as people have said, and got this reply. Anybody know what I have have to do, because I dont!!

Thank you for your enquiry Mr Stubbs

Enquiries regarding postal items sent from overseas must be initiated
with Australia Post by the sending postal administration.
If you require proof of delivery, we would recommend that you lodge
your request with the office of posting.

Once Australia Post receives the appropriate paperwork, an enquiry will
be conducted. Proof of delivery will then be provided to the overseas postal
administration.

The Registered Post or insured services has limited tracking
capability. In many cases, the delivery signature is a paper record only.

Should you require a service that is electronically trackable we would
recommend a service such as Express Mail Service.

Regards

Michael
NSW/ACT Customer Contact Centre

HELP??????????
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

whizbangwallop is on a distinguished road

I am trying to find the email address we used, for you. My husband is always ultra polite when he writes this sort of enquiry - assume there is a real person on the other end reading it - He would have started with something like Good evening or Good morning and put something about the weather being good or bad here and there and then ended with many thanks in advance. Don't forget you need your receipt no. for them to locate it. When I can find the address or contact OH (I've been trying for about half hour about the sale of our house and he doesn't answer any of his phones)I will let you have it.

Hope this helps

Jo
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by whizbangwallop
I am trying to find the email address we used, for you. My husband is always ultra polite when he writes this sort of enquiry - assume there is a real person on the other end reading it - He would have started with something like Good evening or Good morning and put something about the weather being good or bad here and there and then ended with many thanks in advance. Don't forget you need your receipt no. for them to locate it. When I can find the address or contact OH (I've been trying for about half hour about the sale of our house and he doesn't answer any of his phones)I will let you have it.

Hope this helps

Jo
Many thanks, much appriciated. However I dont have a reciept number as it was sent straight from the Doctors surgery, I only have dates and a tracking number!
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

Dusta will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Josie1100
Just wanted to share with you all that we got our visa's this morning.

Our son has mild cerebral palsy and was always going to be a fine line with the medicals. The sunshine gives him full mobility and I can't shout enough what this opportunity will give to his life. Today it feels like our dreams have become real.

To all of you still waiting and for those that I have shared the past few weeks with the stress of the LCU right now :curse: you are all still in my thoughts.

Love Tammy x
many congratulations Tammy and family all the best for your new life in oz!!!
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by boothy6
Hi Tammy

my son also has mild cerebral palsy and we had our meds the 10th Aug, the Dr said that if we had come back it would be about Chris not the other 5 of us as I had no letters from consultant with me. I explained that he is now 17 and was discharged from the consultant in March 07 and recieves no other NHS care other than prescription for sennokot so hopefully they will acknowledge that did you take letters with you from consultants etc? as I am worried this could slow down our application.

Helenxx
We took a letter from his consultant and some history. The panel doctor took the copy of the letter from the consultant and that was it. I think if they need more information they will contact you. As I was told, if they think a person will cost $15,000 or more a year to them then you start to raise problems? Surely your family situation sounds exactly the same as ours?

Tammy x
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dusta
many congratulations Tammy and family all the best for your new life in oz!!!
Tammy,

I am so pleased for you!!!!

Hope you find Oz all you are hoping for and more.

Take care,

Laura xx
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Reedy
Tammy,

I am so pleased for you!!!!

Hope you find Oz all you are hoping for and more.

Take care,

Laura xx
Thank you for all your kind replies. We sure will give it a good try
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

Just wanted to share with you all that we got our visa's this morning.

Our son has mild cerebral palsy and was always going to be a fine line with the medicals. The sunshine gives him full mobility and I can't shout enough what this opportunity will give to his life. Today it feels like our dreams have become real.

To all of you still waiting and for those that I have shared the past few weeks with the stress of the LCU right now :curse: you are all still in my thoughts.

Love Tammy x
Congratulations and wishing you the very best of luck!!!

Keri
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

boothy6 is an unknown quantity at this point

We took a letter from his consultant and some history. The panel doctor took the copy of the letter from the consultant and that was it. I think if they need more information they will contact you. As I was told, if they think a person will cost $15,000 or more a year to them then you start to raise problems? Surely your family situation sounds exactly the same as ours?

Tammy x
thanks for that Tammy and congratulations and goodluck for the future.

Helen xx
Old Aug 26th 2007, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

This time last week I was getting ready for the dreaded Monday morning e-mail routine. Today I am off to a leaving party for friends who fly to Australia 3rd September. Tomorrow it will be 10 weeks before we fly to Sydney. Being truthful although very relieved to have our visas I am totally bricking it and have been in tears for a couple of days. Possibly, the stress of the past 14 months is just hitting but wanted to share with all my fellow Junies that I hope you start to get some positive news this week

I think the hardest part is watching the impact of us getting the visas and how this has hit our family and friends. I have felt like I have arrived at my funeral early on a couple of occasions. I hope this might get a bit better as it is going to be a long 10 weeks if not.

Love Tammy x
Old Aug 27th 2007, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

dogscogs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

Had an email this morning with the full ack - (my application was received 1st of June) so it would appear that the wheels do turn :-)
Old Aug 27th 2007, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

ClaireM will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: June 07 visa applicants

Oooh - exciting

It looks like they are sticking to the timelines on their weekly email, as they stated today that they were acknowledging applications received on 30th May.

If that is the case I have another three weeks of waiting, by which time I will surely have gone insane

Claire
Old Aug 27th 2007, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

That makes another 2 weeks for us Is this hold up with the acknowlegements affecting the time to get assigned a case officer as the preacknowledgment letter said that it shouldn't affect the timelines for getting CO, but surely it must be!!! Does anyone know?
Old Aug 27th 2007, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

ScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really niceScrapHappy is just really nice

This time last week I was getting ready for the dreaded Monday morning e-mail routine. Today I am off to a leaving party for friends who fly to Australia 3rd September. Tomorrow it will be 10 weeks before we fly to Sydney. Being truthful although very relieved to have our visas I am totally bricking it and have been in tears for a couple of days. Possibly, the stress of the past 14 months is just hitting but wanted to share with all my fellow Junies that I hope you start to get some positive news this week

I think the hardest part is watching the impact of us getting the visas and how this has hit our family and friends. I have felt like I have arrived at my funeral early on a couple of occasions. I hope this might get a bit better as it is going to be a long 10 weeks if not.

Love Tammy x

I watched a very close friend go through this 18 months ago - holding her head up high and taking every comment on the chin with a smile...but inside it did affect her, and yes their farewell party was like a wake - she said that she has no regrets whatsoever about the move, but you will miss friends and family.

I am going through this now as we are waiting for our visas, and I know it's going to be very hard nearer the end. My best mate thinks all these delays are the best thing ever!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.