Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Nov 12th 2007, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by Reedy
Angie,

Your good luck karma has worked for me!!!!

Visa granted this morning

Good luck to the rest of you still waiting.....

Laura xxx
Congratulations, fantastic news...Good luck on your move and new life down under !
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

boothy6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Angie,

Your good luck karma has worked for me!!!!

Visa granted this morning

Good luck to the rest of you still waiting.....

Laura xxx

Fantastic news Laura visas are coming thick amd fast now, but now we have our visa that seemed like the easy part there is so much to do and so little time to do it in! But its a great feeling when you see that e mail saying YES.

Helen
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boothy6
Fantastic news Laura visas are coming thick amd fast now, but now we have our visa that seemed like the easy part there is so much to do and so little time to do it in! But its a great feeling when you see that e mail saying YES.

Helen
I know I am starting to contemplate all of the things that I need to get sorted and it is really Scary....

Lau x
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

moores will become famous soon enoughmoores will become famous soon enough

Hi laura
have you sold your house yet?
just wondering what you was thinking of doing if you hadn,t............

Jan xx
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moores
Hi laura
have you sold your house yet?
just wondering what you was thinking of doing if you hadn,t............

Jan xx
No we haven't sold - we have someone interested at the moment though!!!

We are thinking that perhaps we will leave the house on the market in the capable hands of my MIL to sell for us.

I think it is important for the children that we are over there before the start of the new school term at the end of January.

Lau x
Old Nov 12th 2007, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

moores will become famous soon enoughmoores will become famous soon enough

No we haven't sold - we have someone interested at the moment though!!!

We are thinking that perhaps we will leave the house on the market in the capable hands of my MIL to sell for us.

I think it is important for the children that we are over there before the start of the new school term at the end of January.

Lau x
I agree just need that lovely visa
but we could do with the cash beforewe go, dont want to be struggling over there just dont know what we are going to be faced with financally

scary isnt it

Last edited by moores; Nov 12th 2007 at 9:38 pm. Reason: still acnt spell!!!!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moores
I agree just need that lovely visa
but we could do with the cash beforewe go, dont want to be struggling over there just dont know what we are going to be faced with financally

scary isnt it
Yes most definitely! We would also prefer to go with the extra money however if we can secure jobs before we go will take the risk.

Hope you get your visa soon Karma being sent your way....

Lau xx
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

Yes most definitely! We would also prefer to go with the extra money however if we can secure jobs before we go will take the risk.

Hope you get your visa soon Karma being sent your way....

Lau xx
send some my way too Laura
Old Nov 13th 2007, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kerikerr
and me!!! just a case officer will do....( how pathetic do I sound....)
Old Nov 13th 2007, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kerikerr
Originally Posted by Babsw
and me!!! just a case officer will do....( how pathetic do I sound....)
Your wish is my command

I have a reputation to uphold but am happy to spread the love with you two....

Lau x
Old Nov 13th 2007, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Hammonds will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chrishiscox
Hi all,

Adey, myself (Chris) and the two roos are just waiting for our PCC's to come back - this was a laugh as suddenly it seems the police dont give out certificates, only the info they have (or hopefully dont have) on you. Our agents was mightly confused about this. Anyone else find this a sticking point?

We are of to Perth, around Feb 2008, so anyone else going there then, feel free to contact us.

We have sold house and onto rental no. 2 - trying to avoid stopping at parents house for more than 24 hours!

All the best to those with golden tickets.
Hiya,
We are also off to Perth , hopefully beginning of January if we get our bloody visa !!!! Not that i am stressed at all :curse:
Jules
Old Nov 13th 2007, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

Your wish is my command

I have a reputation to uphold but am happy to spread the love with you two....

Lau x
Most appreciated...................hope it bloody well works and you haven't tarnished your good reputation for nothing!
Old Nov 13th 2007, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Hi Laura, apart from sell your house what are you going to arrange first?
Packing or accomodation in aus or ?? Just interested in how urgent everything becomes once you get the visa and what every one does first. Its kinda weird because everyone is so geared up to getting the visa then suddenly all your priorities are turned on their head. I look through other threads and most of April's appl. have got their visa so the conversations have changed on there and I guess they will on here once more people get theirs. Its just interesting to read.
Have you come back to earth yet or still up there? I had to laugh when I read you'd already sent off your passports.Hope all goes well with house.When we went to aus first time we had a horrendous selling experience so we've just stayed renting this time to avoid that happening again.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Graham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to all

Got our case officer today ....Our timeline:

Canberra 137 STNI
visa submitted 19/06/07
Acknowledged 28/09/07
Meds sent 01/11/07
Case officer 14/11/07
Old Nov 14th 2007, 1:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Babsw
Hi Laura, apart from sell your house what are you going to arrange first?
Packing or accomodation in aus or ?? Just interested in how urgent everything becomes once you get the visa and what every one does first. Its kinda weird because everyone is so geared up to getting the visa then suddenly all your priorities are turned on their head. I look through other threads and most of April's appl. have got their visa so the conversations have changed on there and I guess they will on here once more people get theirs. Its just interesting to read.
Have you come back to earth yet or still up there? I had to laugh when I read you'd already sent off your passports.Hope all goes well with house.When we went to aus first time we had a horrendous selling experience so we've just stayed renting this time to avoid that happening again.

You might think that I am crazy but we are travelling light - just us and our suitcases............
I am also thinking of perhaps hiring a camper van for the first few weeks to give us chance to look around some of the areas that have appealed.

Would you believe that neither of us has been to Australia before

We are seriously considering selling to one of the cash buyer Co's and taking the hit!!!! I have spoken to a few today and stand to lose about £45K but in the grand scheme of things might be worth doing

So much to think about hey? I also have to consider when to give my notice in to work

Now I know you think I am Crazyif you ever were in doubt before.

Good luck with the rest of the process....

Lau xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.