Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

June 07 visa applicants

June 07 visa applicants

Old Jul 24th 2007, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all
Default Re: June 07 visa applicants

Originally Posted by kerikerr
That's bang on timelines then eh! Got medicals booked for 6th Aug so hoping to get file ref number before then! Fingers crossed things start moving quickly for all of us
Its pretty much spot on. Looking at the spreadsheet we sent ours same time (mine says 4th June but that when they recieved it at ASPC, sent it on the 1st) so you shouldnt be far behind. I got meds on the 7th August.

Good luck to all other Junies!! The wheels do actually turn!!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

Originally Posted by adiestubbs
Its pretty much spot on. Looking at the spreadsheet we sent ours same time (mine says 4th June but that when they recieved it at ASPC, sent it on the 1st) so you shouldnt be far behind. I got meds on the 7th August.

Good luck to all other Junies!! The wheels do actually turn!!
Hope so! Have you got a house to sell? I'm unsure when to put mine on the market, don't want to end up homeless.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kerikerr
Hope so! Have you got a house to sell? I'm unsure when to put mine on the market, don't want to end up homeless.
No I havent got anything like that. My application is fairly straight forward too (MODL nurse). Single applicant as well. Hows about you? I bet its difficult with a house, will it sell in time, will it sell to early etc.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

kerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nicekerikerr is just really nice

No I havent got anything like that. My application is fairly straight forward too (MODL nurse). Single applicant as well. Hows about you? I bet its difficult with a house, will it sell in time, will it sell to early etc.
I'm a nurse as well, got job at RBWH in Brisbane when we arrive. Got 3 kids under 5 so the thought of having to rent would be a bit of a nightmare. Think the house will sell ok but it's just a question of when in reality we'll get the Visa, I was hoping November but don't know if this is realistic or not. Will definately leave the house until after the medicals (just in case they pick up some horrible disease!)
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:16 am
Just Joined

Hammonds will become famous soon enough

Acknowlegement from ASPC today. Pre-acknowlegment was recieved on 20th June, so not bad really.
Thats good to hear someone finally getting Acknowledgement ! Our pre-Acknowledgement came on 22nd June so hope we will get ours soon! We had our medicals today so now 1,000 pounds lighter!!!!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Dusta will become famous soon enough

A big CONGRATULATIONS to you Adiestubbs. Its' 6 weeks today that they recieved my application so fingers crossed we will all hear some news soon. I'm a nurse too heading to Perth, haven't arranged a job though was going to apply when there.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hammonds
Thats good to hear someone finally getting Acknowledgement ! Our pre-Acknowledgement came on 22nd June so hope we will get ours soon! We had our medicals today so now 1,000 pounds lighter!!!!
Hi we have got medicals and xray booked for this friday, after this we will be very skint, but at least we will have paid for everything (visa, police check, agents etc, etc)

I will hopefully be able to relax a bit better when friday is over, the stress is getting to me a bit this week.

take care to our fellow junies.

Nicky
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Got my Queensland nursing registration through the post today - OH MY GOD reality check They send a badge and a DVD along with the registration certificate, haven't watched the DVD yet, saving that for Saturday night along with a bottle of wine

Word of note to all those nurses out there, it has taken 4 months for Queensland Nursing registration process to complete so If your hoping to work as soon as you get to Oz, apply for registration before you go.

Keep those acknowledgments coming
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

I had an email from our case officer today...woohoo we have a case officer As there is such a delay at LCU with the medicals (they were sent by courier 14thJune) the paperwork she has requested should arrive in time.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

Blimey that was quick...do you get priority being on a 120?
Old Jul 30th 2007, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

It is good to see that things are moving along! I can't believe 6 weeks has passed so quickly.

Sent ours on 11th June, recieved on 19th and acknowledged on 27th so hopefully will hear something next week.

As you know we have had our PCC and meds booked for 15th. Hope to get a file reference number before then.

With reference to putting the house on the market ours is on and has been since May! We sold to the first person who viewed but he has pulled out so now have to find someone else!!!!! I would put the house on the market - you don't have to sell until you have exchanged contracts......... The market around here is a bit slow at the moment with interest rates rising etc.

Laura
Old Jul 30th 2007, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by freckles1970
Blimey that was quick...do you get priority being on a 120?
I don't know? We have forgotten some paperwork, but because of the delay at LCU with the medicals she doesn't think it will delay us anymore so that is quite good.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

What is the LCU and where did you hear about the delay. I had my meds posted off in June.

Any advise would be great
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by freckles1970
What is the LCU and where did you hear about the delay. I had my meds posted off in June.

Any advise would be great
On my email this morning from our case officer she mentioned that the LCU (Local clearance unit) has a back log and advised us to remind her weekly so she can check the departments system to see if our results have been placed in by the LCU. I understand that they clear your medicals then she processes the paper work.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

I forgot to say that I think the LCu are processing medicals received on the 14th June at the moment. Not sure if this helps but I know ours arrived on the 21st June so don't know how long they will take to be processed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.