Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Comfortably numb......

Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:45 am

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
bugger all else on and it makes good surfing background noise

I've had my fill. Any more fallout up there from the explosive Old Firm clash the other day?
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:49 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatasia
I've had my fill. Any more fallout up there from the explosive Old Firm clash the other day?
not that i've noticed. usual platitudes about engaging with the fans, it's a societal problem etc

don't think i'll be going down the local hun bar anytime soon though
Old Mar 14th 2011, 5:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Currently watching NHK World Japanese tv on FREESAT

Birmingham is a sh!t hole and I hope they get relegated

Hey, it's not that enjoyable...is it?

Brum is a shithole but they know how to win a trophy, roit?
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:49 am
It's cos I'm Ginger isn't

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'll do my best but I think it'll be a struggle to smile for long this week. However, watching my local scrub turkey pecking at the pickled onions I just chucked his way is quite entertaining, that might keep me smiling a bit longer

Awwww......well make the best of what may be a bad situation.....
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:56 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GingerDom
Awwww......well make the best of what may be a bad situation.....
Did discover one bright spot about the new office overnight, the new TV and AV system has a wonderful sound system and the accoustics in here are great - I think the cleaners fled with their ears bleeding as I blasted The Wall for every corner
Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:20 am

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all

Did discover one bright spot about the new office overnight, the new TV and AV system has a wonderful sound system and the accoustics in here are great - I think the cleaners fled with their ears bleeding as I blasted The Wall for every corner

Coolio........what were you playing - Iron maiden??
Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:24 am
Home and Happy

Not last night, Floyd's The Wall, suits my current mood then a mix of Rainbow, Bon Jovi and Journey. Can't plug my ipod into it so I need to actually gring a few cds in each night. Last night was some of the stuff I have on cds keep here. Tonight I'm gonna do the whole spectrum, Iron Maiden through to Gordon Lightfoot and back again
Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:24 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

as it was The Wall most likely Pink Floyd ;-)
Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:29 am
Home and Happy

as it was The Wall most likely Pink Floyd ;-)
Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:32 am

Not last night, Floyd's The Wall, suits my current mood then a mix of Rainbow, Bon Jovi and Journey. Can't plug my ipod into it so I need to actually gring a few cds in each night. Last night was some of the stuff I have on cds keep here. Tonight I'm gonna do the whole spectrum, Iron Maiden through to Gordon Lightfoot and back again

Wowsers, quite the varied taste in music.....rock on Sister!!!!
Old Mar 15th 2011, 9:34 am
Home and Happy

Wowsers, quite the varied taste in music.....rock on Sister!!!!
Oh very varied indeed!!! Can't live without music around me, and it reflects my moods, so I need a wide variety
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:57 am

Oh very varied indeed!!! Can't live without music around me, and it reflects my moods, so I need a wide variety

Same as me.........I cannot do anything in silence, I just gotta have some kind of music on from Abba to ZZ Top!!!!! YAY!!!
Old Mar 16th 2011, 2:15 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
I shall give yer possums to the microwave
The possoms say they will leave your TEDS alone and behave angelically as long as you promise to visit one day somewhen in the future........

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Cant believe im taking part in this silly conversation,im off out,laters.
It wasn't THAT silly Please come back

How's things over there today? Watching footage on TV and it looks dreadful around the worst hit areas, conditions being made worse by snow and ice
Old Mar 16th 2011, 10:10 am

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

How's things over there today? Watching footage on TV and it looks dreadful around the worst hit areas, conditions being made worse by snow and ice

What's giving me the willies is that friends from Britain & France are telling me to get the f out pronto, for the moment I'm sticking with advice from the embassy & the missus

Sir John Beddington speaking to the British Embassy in Japan:

[Even] if you then couple that with the worst possible weather situation ie prevailing weather taking radioactive material in the direction of greater Tokyo and you had maybe rainfall which would bring the radioactive material down - do we have a problem? The answer is unequivocally no. Absolutely no issue. The problems are within 30 km of the reactor.

And to give you a flavour for that, when Chernobyl had a massive fire at the graphite core, material was going up not just 500m but to 30,000ft. It was lasting not for the odd hour or so but lasted months, and that was putting nuclear radioactive material up into the upper atmosphere for a very long period of time. But even in the case of Chernobyl, the exclusion zone that they had was about 30km. And in that exclusion zone, outside that, there is no evidence whatsoever to indicate people had problems from the radiation. The problems with Chernobyl were people were continuing to drink the water, continuing to eat vegetables and so on and that was where the problems came from. That's not going to be the case here.

Any thoughts, anybody?
Old Mar 16th 2011, 10:37 am
Home and Happy

What's giving me the willies is that friends from Britain & France are telling me to get the f out pronto, for the moment I'm sticking with advice from the embassy & the missus

Sir John Beddington speaking to the British Embassy in Japan:

[Even] if you then couple that with the worst possible weather situation ie prevailing weather taking radioactive material in the direction of greater Tokyo and you had maybe rainfall which would bring the radioactive material down - do we have a problem? The answer is unequivocally no. Absolutely no issue. The problems are within 30 km of the reactor.

And to give you a flavour for that, when Chernobyl had a massive fire at the graphite core, material was going up not just 500m but to 30,000ft. It was lasting not for the odd hour or so but lasted months, and that was putting nuclear radioactive material up into the upper atmosphere for a very long period of time. But even in the case of Chernobyl, the exclusion zone that they had was about 30km. And in that exclusion zone, outside that, there is no evidence whatsoever to indicate people had problems from the radiation. The problems with Chernobyl were people were continuing to drink the water, continuing to eat vegetables and so on and that was where the problems came from. That's not going to be the case here.

Any thoughts, anybody?
Well, it may be rather a traditionalist view but I'd be following the official British Embassy advice. The Brits aren't know for allowing their people to stay in a real danger zone, are they. Likewise we have been on alert ever since the original quake expecting to be called on to repatriate Aussies (we have to organise reception and liaise with all the other agencies involved) However not only are AUssies not coming forward in their hordes asking to be repatriated, but Australia has put out no advice telling them to leave - like britain they don't hang around if they think the need is there to get people out fast. They are bringing out some families of Aussie officals in Tokyo but that is because of the general situation in the aftermath of the quake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.