Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Wikiposts

Comfortably numb......

Old Mar 21st 2011, 6:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

So last nights surreal experience - elderly women over taken by pop-star mania!

Went to see Neil Diamond, easily one of the best concerts I've been to, ranks up there with Christy Moore, Brian Kennedy and Bryan Adams. It was superb - and the guy is 70 you'd never know it. His latest album, which I love, is called Dreams and its brilliant cover versions of stuff like Desperado, he sang loads from that last night along with Love on the Rocks and Hello Again and loads of his hits.
Very varied audience age-wise, but the majority made me look young (which in my late 40s was quite nice ) and it was clear from conversations that a lot of the elderly women are actually following him round Australia - and they were on their feet, yelling "We love you Neil" and waving frantically at him, I didn't see any knickers being thrown but it wouldn't have surprised me! The elderly guy next to me had three women with him, and he said he wished he let them come alone and he'd gone to the pub instead, they were screaming their heads off, poor bloke didn't know where to look
I wonder if Neil got out unscathed afterwards or if they all lay in wait for him at the door

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 21st 2011 at 6:25 am.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 8:45 am
It's cos I'm Ginger isn't

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
So last nights surreal experience - elderly women over taken by pop-star mania!

Went to see Neil Diamond, easily one of the best concerts I've been to, ranks up there with Christy Moore, Brian Kennedy and Bryan Adams. It was superb - and the guy is 70 you'd never know it. His latest album, which I love, is called Dreams and its brilliant cover versions of stuff like Desperado, he sang loads from that last night along with Love on the Rocks and Hello Again and loads of his hits.
Very varied audience age-wise, but the majority made me look young (which in my late 40s was quite nice ) and it was clear from conversations that a lot of the elderly women are actually following him round Australia - and they were on their feet, yelling "We love you Neil" and waving frantically at him, I didn't see any knickers being thrown but it wouldn't have surprised me! The elderly guy next to me had three women with him, and he said he wished he let them come alone and he'd gone to the pub instead, they were screaming their heads off, poor bloke didn't know where to look
I wonder if Neil got out unscathed afterwards or if they all lay in wait for him at the door

Love Neil Diamond. If I ever have the balls to do Karaoke, I would defo sing "Love On The Rocks"............a truly brilliant tune......
Old Mar 21st 2011, 8:47 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GingerDom
Love Neil Diamond. If I ever have the balls to do Karaoke, I would defo sing "Love On The Rocks"............a truly brilliant tune......
Ah you need to talk to Bernie Barfly about that one, his performance of it honestly rivals Neil's. Have to organise a BE Karaoke comp

Loved Neil since an Irish guy I knew many years ago bought me the Jazz Singer LP, I was hooked, never looked back

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 21st 2011 at 8:53 am.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 8:50 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Ah you need to talk to Bernie Barfly about that one, his performance of it honestly rivals Neil's. Have to organise a BE Karaole comp Loved Neil since an Irish guy I knew many years ago bought me the Jazz Singer LP, I was hooked, never looked back
bet on me to finish last, completely tone deaf
Old Mar 21st 2011, 8:54 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
bet on me to finish last, completely tone deaf
Its OK, I'd finish below you Love to listen but can't sing for toffee (as anyone who wanders into the office late at night can tell you ) I'll never forget the last time I tried to sing in front of Bernie and he visibly winced
Old Mar 21st 2011, 8:56 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Its OK, I'd finish below you Love to listen but can't sing for toffee (as anyone who wanders into the office late at night can tell you ) I'll never forget the last time I tried to sing in front of Bernie and he visibly winced
a sing off for worst karaoke performer

drunken Meatloaf at 4 am for me
Old Mar 21st 2011, 8:59 am

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all

Ah you need to talk to Bernie Barfly about that one, his performance of it honestly rivals Neil's. Have to organise a BE Karaoke comp

Loved Neil since an Irish guy I knew many years ago bought me the Jazz Singer LP, I was hooked, never looked back

Ooo I would defo be up for that!!!!!
Old Mar 21st 2011, 9:00 am

a sing off for worst karaoke performer

drunken Meatloaf at 4 am for me
What song buddy?

I would try to belt out "Two Out Of Three Aint Bad".........
Old Mar 21st 2011, 9:02 am
Shiny Arse Know All

What song buddy?

I would try to belt out "Two Out Of Three Aint Bad".........
Bat Out of Hell of course

unless the missus is up for Dead Ringer forLove
Old Mar 21st 2011, 9:03 am

Bat Out of Hell of course

unless the missus is up for Dead Ringer forLove
And not "I Would Do Anything for Love.............etc"??
Old Mar 21st 2011, 9:04 am
Shiny Arse Know All

And not "I Would Do Anything for Love.............etc"??
nope, she'd have too many caveats
Old Mar 21st 2011, 9:07 am
Home and Happy

nope, she'd have too many caveats
you mean she wouldn't do "that" ....or "that" ....or "that either"....
Old Mar 21st 2011, 9:14 am

you mean she wouldn't do "that" ....or "that" ....or "that either"....

Should I ask, what?
Old Mar 21st 2011, 9:20 am
Shiny Arse Know All

Should I ask, what?
easier to ask what she WOULD do
Old Mar 21st 2011, 9:25 am

easier to ask what she WOULD do

Ok...........what would she do?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.