Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Comfortably numb......

Old Mar 14th 2011, 4:05 am
It's cos I'm Ginger isn't

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by expatasia
Just been on a theme park ride in my own building!!!! Absolute shocker, totally scary when all sorts of crap started falling about the flat up here on the 13th floor, lifts out of action etc so gotta stay put now and endure the aftershocks.....

Cell ph doesn't work. Some awful scenes on tv (Sendai area) already....
Originally Posted by Pollyana
Both my phones just went mad with tsunami alerts (none for Aus AT THIS TIME before anyone reading starts panicking). Sounds like a bad one.....

On 3/11/2011 5:46:23 AM UTC (about 15:15h local time) an earthquake of magnitude 7.9 occurred in the unpopulated region of Tohoku in Japan. The earthquake happened 128km from Sendai.
It is likely that a tsunami was generated. The maximum tsunami wave height near the coast of Nakase will be 2.11m.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/w...1226019887907?

The quake that struck at 2.46pm (3.46pm Queensland time) today was followed by a series of aftershocks, including a 7.4-magnitude one about 30 minutes later. The US Geological Survey upgraded the strength of the first quake to a magnitude 8.8.

Holy Possoms Batman, that is one heck of a quake.

I was utterly saddened and devasted when I saw images on TV and the internet about this catastrophic incident. My heart and prayers go out to all those people and those affected by this natural disaster

(((((BIG HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSS TO ALL)))))))
Old Mar 14th 2011, 6:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

So shattered that this morning I slept through the Niigata quake. Can't bear to switch on the telly.
You doing OK over there mate? Heard about rolling power outages etc....... and we sent a team of dogs over yesterday to join in the searches
<<shudders>>

Originally Posted by GingerDom
I was utterly saddened and devasted when I saw images on TV and the internet about this catastrophic incident. My heart and prayers go out to all those people and those affected by this natural disaster

(((((BIG HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSS TO ALL)))))))
Its horrible, wish we didn't have such a big screen in the office, people keep coming in to look at footage, and at one point yesterday we had 8 different news channels showing different pictures. I don't remember finishing a shift feeling so drained as I did after watching that for 12 hours.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 6:52 am

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all

You doing OK over there mate? Heard about rolling power outages etc....... and we sent a team of dogs over yesterday to join in the searches
<<shudders>>

Its horrible, wish we didn't have such a big screen in the office, people keep coming in to look at footage, and at one point yesterday we had 8 different news channels showing different pictures. I don't remember finishing a shift feeling so drained as I did after watching that for 12 hours.
Awwwwwwww it must be so horrible for you too Honey

((((POLLY)))) and 's
Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:19 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Awwwwwwww it must be so horrible for you too Honey

((((POLLY)))) and 's
Do you know, for various reasons thats probably the first time I've really smiled in two days, thank you

Its just awful seeing it all on the screen, so many different pics all at once, and knowing there's nothing I can do. And also thinking....OMG if this happened in Queensland, we are the ones managing the response
Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:25 am

Do you know, for various reasons thats probably the first time I've really smiled in two days, thank you

Its just awful seeing it all on the screen, so many different pics all at once, and knowing there's nothing I can do. And also thinking....OMG if this happened in Queensland, we are the ones managing the response

Hey that is my job - to make people smile. I just hope you wear that smile for a looooooooong time. I bet you radiate
Old Mar 14th 2011, 7:35 am
Home and Happy

Hey that is my job - to make people smile. I just hope you wear that smile for a looooooooong time. I bet you radiate
I'll do my best but I think it'll be a struggle to smile for long this week. However, watching my local scrub turkey pecking at the pickled onions I just chucked his way is quite entertaining, that might keep me smiling a bit longer
Old Mar 14th 2011, 8:31 am

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

<<shudders>>

Cheers, it's 5.30am - I'd got used to the aftershocks but woke up and indeed got up at that last one a few mins ago, the prob with the scheduled rolling power outages is that you never know what time of the day they come to fruition if at all, consequently like yesterday you find yourself not being to use the trains to get to work or fulfil other (eg hospital) appointments or whatever. Mrs E not amused.

Finally managed to buy eggs though amidst all the panic buying locally. Not Easter ones though.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:06 am
Home and Happy

Cheers, it's 5.30am - I'd got used to the aftershocks but woke up and indeed got up at that last one a few mins ago, the prob with the scheduled rolling power outages is that you never know what time of the day they come to fruition if at all, consequently like yesterday you find yourself not being to use the trains to get to work or fulfil other (eg hospital) appointments or whatever. Mrs E not amused.

Finally managed to buy eggs though amidst all the panic buying locally. Not Easter ones though.
pm me your address, I'll post you an Easter Egg - might leave it a couple of weeks though, I wouldn't imagine anything would get through at present.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:10 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

pm me your address, I'll post you an Easter Egg - might leave it a couple of weeks though, I wouldn't imagine anything would get through at present.
course if you left it a few weeks Polly would probably eat it and just send you the empty box
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:12 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
course if you left it a few weeks Polly would probably eat it and just send you the empty box
Oooh you rotten git!! I wouldn't do that If it was twiglets or crisps mind......
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:17 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh you rotten git!! I wouldn't do that If it was twiglets or crisps mind......
ok you eat the crisps I'll do the choccy
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:19 am

I should stay awake and catch Newsnight, hard to get anything like the truth from the Jps & their media about radiation leaks etc - plenty of expats are starting to evacuate Japan, good friends of ours are leaving tomorrow....for FLAMIN BIRMINGHAM! Would rather take my chances with the tsunamis
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:22 am
Shiny Arse Know All

I should stay awake and catch Newsnight, hard to get anything like the truth from the Jps & their media about radiation leaks etc - plenty of expats are starting to evacuate Japan, good friends of ours are leaving tomorrow....for FLAMIN BIRMINGHAM! Would rather take my chances with the tsunamis
Currently watching NHK World Japanese tv on FREESAT

Birmingham is a sh!t hole and I hope they get relegated
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
Currently watching NHK World Japanese tv on FREESAT

Hey, it's not that enjoyable...is it?

Brum is a shithole but they know how to win a trophy, roit?
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:30 am
Shiny Arse Know All

Hey, it's not that enjoyable...is it?

Brum is a shithole but they know how to win a trophy, roit?
bugger all else on and it makes good surfing background noise

Well we know how to LOSE finals

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.