Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Wikiposts

Comfortably numb......

Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:17 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Finally, after waving the iThing around in a very unsubtle fashion for an hour or so.......best pic I could get, 3pm today in my local........
whatcha doin taking pictures of half naked laydeez
Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
whatcha doin taking pictures of half naked laydeez
Its one of them bikini girls....remember the thread about whether they should be wandering around a local pub half-dressed in the middle of the afternoon? They are now allowed to wear little cardigans cos its too cold and they end up showing off rather more than they should
Certain blokes round here wanted photos - having now mastered my iThing I have now produced the requested photo

Obviously hired for her ability to walk in 6 inch heels rather than her intelligence....approached a table where two of were sat, each with full pint glasses, and asked if she could get us another drink.....
Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:47 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Its one of them bikini girls....remember the thread about whether they should be wandering around a local pub half-dressed in the middle of the afternoon? They are now allowed to wear little cardigans cos its too cold and they end up showing off rather more than they should
Certain blokes round here wanted photos - having now mastered my iThing I have now produced the requested photo

Obviously hired for her ability to walk in 6 inch heels rather than her intelligence....approached a table where two of were sat, each with full pint glasses, and asked if she could get us another drink.....
Its bloody freezing. What pub has girls in bikini's on a saturday arvo in the winter
Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:51 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Its bloody freezing. What pub has girls in bikini's on a saturday arvo in the winter
Crown on Lutwyche Road. I was there with a mate till 10.30 the other night and there were still two of them prancing round half-dressed, serving drinks outside as well, I think that was one of the nights it dropped to about 9-10 degrees.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:53 pm

Crown on Lutwyche Road. I was there with a mate till 10.30 the other night and there were still two of them prancing round half-dressed, serving drinks outside as well, I think that was one of the nights it dropped to about 9-10 degrees.
Does that shite really bring in the customers?
Old Jul 9th 2011, 12:01 am
Home and Happy

Does that shite really bring in the customers?
Nope!!! In fact there are less there than there used to be
Problem is that a lot of the original customers left when it became one of two pubs frequented by all the guys from the roadworks/tunnel fiasco going on up here, now the pub has realised that the work is nearing its end and they will have no customers left.....so they are trying everything they can to attract business.....new food menu once a month, new furniture, paint the walls, TAB to make drinking customers wait while they serve the gambling ones , dodgy meat raffles (they really should check the meat doesn't have a green tinge ) and scantilly clad waitresses - but the bikinis don't fit usually and its a case of bikini-waitress-bum whenever they bend over

but the Bulmers is cheap and there is nowhere else in walking distance
Old Jul 9th 2011, 12:06 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Problem is that a lot of the original customers left when it became one of two pubs frequented by all the guys from the roadworks/tunnel fiasco going on up here, now the pub has realised that the work is nearing its end and they will have no customers left.....so they are trying everything they can to attract business.....new food menu once a month, new furniture, paint the walls, TAB to make drinking customers wait while they serve the gambling ones , dodgy meat raffles (they really should check the meat doesn't have a green tinge ) and scantilly clad waitresses - but the bikinis don't fit usually and its a case of bikini-waitress-bum whenever they bend over

and what more does a witch need You'll be please to know no skimpies in Notts although we do have a Hooters
Old Jul 9th 2011, 12:07 am

I'm not 100% familiar with that area but I thought it was a residential area and would have thought it was families or men with families rather than bogans (who are likely to appreciate that kind of set up)

No wonder no one wants to go in. That sort of set up is more suitable to whoop whoop or mining towns or industrial areas where men go to get a leg over after a few beers, not a family residential area

How the heck did they (the hotel) get it passed that they could dress the girls like that, do they not need a special license?
Old Jul 9th 2011, 12:14 am
Home and Happy

I'm not 100% familiar with that area but I thought it was a residential area and would have thought it was families or men with families rather than bogans (who are likely to appreciate that kind of set up)

No wonder no one wants to go in. That sort of set up is more suitable to whoop whoop or mining towns or industrial areas where men go to get a leg over after a few beers, not a family residential area

How the heck did they (the hotel) get it passed that they could dress the girls like that, do they not need a special license?
It used to be more of a family pub before the road crews arrived, lots of families at lunchtimes at least, don't see that so much now. Bernie and I used to drink there a couple of years back and it wasn't too bad then, in fact the standard has dropped in the last year quite dramatically. The Kedron Park Hotel is the same, full of orange-clad road-workers now, and they started the bikini thing first. I was even in the KP the other night when one of the guys stripped naked to change out of his work gear - in the middle of the bar at 5 in the afternoon

I was surprised that they don't need a license for the bikini girls but apparently not cos they are clothed (sort-of) and aren't stripping That one today wasn't too bad, but they have had some real horrors in the past, spilling out round the edges and hoisting their too-small knickers up by the waistband as they walk round ....its not pretty, I generally avoid the place Thursday to Sunday because of it.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 12:19 am

It used to be more of a family pub before the road crews arrived, lots of families at lunchtimes at least, don't see that so much now. Bernie and I used to drink there a couple of years back and it wasn't too bad then, in fact the standard has dropped in the last year quite dramatically. The Kedron Park Hotel is the same, full of orange-clad road-workers now, and they started the bikini thing first. I was even in the KP the other night when one of the guys stripped naked to change out of his work gear - in the middle of the bar at 5 in the afternoon

I was surprised that they don't need a license for the bikini girls but apparently not cos they are clothed (sort-of) and aren't stripping That one today wasn't too bad, but they have had some real horrors in the past, spilling out round the edges and hoisting their too-small knickers up by the waistband as they walk round ....its not pretty, I generally avoid the place Thursday to Sunday because of it.
Unbelieveable

don't know how you feel mate but id feel really uncomfortable in there - and it takes a lot to make me feel uncomfortable

Personally id tell em to shove it and get a few ciders from Dan Murphy's and stay in.....
Old Jul 9th 2011, 12:40 am
Home and Happy

Unbelieveable

don't know how you feel mate but id feel really uncomfortable in there - and it takes a lot to make me feel uncomfortable

Personally id tell em to shove it and get a few ciders from Dan Murphy's and stay in.....
I don't really like it, thats why I rarely drink there the nights when they are displaying themselves! Other times its a handy stop-off point between home and the shops
Old Jul 9th 2011, 12:45 am

I don't really like it, thats why I rarely drink there the nights when they are displaying themselves! Other times its a handy stop-off point between home and the shops
yep understand that mate, must be crap

has anyone complained to the landlord? he must know people don't want / like it cos the patronage has gone down and like you say now the roadworks are going it will only get worse
Old Jul 9th 2011, 1:09 am
Home and Happy

yep understand that mate, must be crap

has anyone complained to the landlord? he must know people don't want / like it cos the patronage has gone down and like you say now the roadworks are going it will only get worse
Its part of a chain and as far as I can they are gradually trying it in other pubs so objections don't seem to do much good. be interesting to see what happens when they lose their orange-clad roadcrews thoiugh
Old Jul 9th 2011, 1:11 am

Its part of a chain and as far as I can they are gradually trying it in other pubs so objections don't seem to do much good. be interesting to see what happens when they lose their orange-clad roadcrews thoiugh
hope it bites them in the arse mate
Old Jul 9th 2011, 9:17 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
and what more does a witch need You'll be please to know no skimpies in Notts although we do have a Hooters
Exactly, what more does a witch need Do you think Nottingham can cope with me for a weekend?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.