Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Wikiposts

Comfortably numb......

Old Nov 8th 2011, 6:04 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
That's just an age thing

Better than drooling in a meeting through nodding off!!
Old Nov 8th 2011, 6:14 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Better than drooling in a meeting through nodding off!!
My hubby does that, though he has an excuse - narcolepsy.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 6:26 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Haveto definitely buy more Baileys now.. 2 hour staff meeting throughout which my mate kept texting me pics of a baileys bottle
Get one for me too. Last time I treated myself it was because Bailey's was on special offer.
Imagine how sick I was when I got home and discovered I'd bought the one with stinky coffee in it
Old Nov 8th 2011, 7:03 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Get one for me too. Last time I treated myself it was because Bailey's was on special offer.
Imagine how sick I was when I got home and discovered I'd bought the one with stinky coffee in it

Was just thinking about you actually..... Plotting next year's trip home, if i can pick up a cheap fare I might actually come over and share a couple of wines with you, April-ish Whats the nearest/easiest airport? I'd be coming from Heathrow, Gatwick or Bristol....??
Old Nov 8th 2011, 7:08 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
My hubby does that, though he has an excuse - narcolepsy.
Really? My best pal at college was diagnosed with that when he was 20. He couldn't drive for ages. He used to fall asleep in lectures and we took the mickey, the way you do. Gutted when we found out it was a medical thing
Old Nov 8th 2011, 7:09 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Was just thinking about you actually..... Plotting next year's trip home, if i can pick up a cheap fare I might actually come over and share a couple of wines with you, April-ish Whats the nearest/easiest airport? I'd be coming from Heathrow, Gatwick or Bristol....??
Holy crap - never thought you'd actually do it so is it too late to tell you that all those previous invites were only to make me look good

Nearest airports are:

Venice Marco Polo
Verona Catullo (not Verona Brescia)

or Treviso which is only used by cheapy airlines like Ryanair and on their website they call it "Venice Treviso" coz it makes people think they are landing in Venice when they're not.

Would love to have you
Old Nov 8th 2011, 7:15 pm
Home and Happy

Holy crap - never thought you'd actually do it so is it too late to tell you that all those previous invites were only to make me look good

Nearest airports are:

Venice Marco Polo
Verona Catullo (not Verona Brescia)

or Treviso which is only used by cheapy airlines like Ryanair and on their website they call it "Venice Treviso" coz it makes people think they are landing in Venice when they're not.

Would love to have you
thats when you find out who your friends are, when you call their bluff and say they are taking you up on it!! I'll check out the airports and report back later......!!
Old Nov 8th 2011, 7:18 pm

thats when you find out who your friends are, when you call their bluff and say they are taking you up on it!! I'll check out the airports and report back later......!!
Be warned - two kids and no spare room but enough wine to make you forget you're sleeping on a sofa-bed ....... which is a king size and actually very comfy. If the OH is away you can have my room. He's like a guest in it most of the time anyway
Old Nov 8th 2011, 7:41 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Really? My best pal at college was diagnosed with that when he was 20. He couldn't drive for ages. He used to fall asleep in lectures and we took the mickey, the way you do. Gutted when we found out it was a medical thing
Yes. He is going thru all the usual tests, before the doc can give him speed pills (they are controlled, just enough to keep you awake during the day). It's intense.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 8:43 pm
Home and Happy

Yes. He is going thru all the usual tests, before the doc can give him speed pills (they are controlled, just enough to keep you awake during the day). It's intense.
So he's only just being diagnosed or is this for a new lot of pills? My mate was fine once they sorted his pills out, got his licence back after a few years on the doctor's say-so and you'd never know he had anything wrong. Well......apart from having trained as a librarian, we're all odd I do remember lots of tests at college though, very stressful for him till it was finally sorted

Be warned - two kids and no spare room but enough wine to make you forget you're sleeping on a sofa-bed ....... which is a king size and actually very comfy. If the OH is away you can have my room. He's like a guest in it most of the time anyway
Hey, if I'm gonna land on you I want no standing on ceremony! I can sleep anywhere, specially after lots of wine and gossip!!
Looks like I can do Gatwick - Venice or Verona direct, lots of other options with one stop, so it should be a goer
Old Nov 8th 2011, 8:59 pm

Ok then - no ceremony. I'll get plenty of wine in and I might throw a bit of bread n' cheese your way once a day.

Not to be cheeky - but if you can, try and land in daylight hours. I hate driving on the motorways in the dark here. Italy is very very poor on street lighting and I'm always blinded by cars coming in the other direction.

April 25th is a bank holiday here so we'll all be off and the kids have Monday 30th and Tuesday May 1st off for May Day.

Other than those days kids will be at school which means I'm here so come when you like.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 9:04 pm

So he's only just being diagnosed or is this for a new lot of pills? My mate was fine once they sorted his pills out, got his licence back after a few years on the doctor's say-so and you'd never know he had anything wrong. Well......apart from having trained as a librarian, we're all odd I do remember lots of tests at college though, very stressful for him till it was finally sorted

Hey, if I'm gonna land on you I want no standing on ceremony! I can sleep anywhere, specially after lots of wine and gossip!!
Looks like I can do Gatwick - Venice or Verona direct, lots of other options with one stop, so it should be a goer

Only just being diagnosed, the first steps are to go thru the whole sleep apnea thing, do several sleep clinics. He has to go back to doc in the next couple of weeks. He definately needs the pills, he falls asleep at work, meetings, whilst talking he can just flake out, it's mental!
Old Nov 8th 2011, 9:06 pm

Only just being diagnosed, the first steps are to go thru the whole sleep apnea thing, do several sleep clinics. He has to go back to doc in the next couple of weeks. He definately needs the pills, he falls asleep at work, meetings, whilst talking he can just flake out, it's mental!
Best of luck to him SC.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 9:10 pm
Home and Happy

If its any comfort to him, my mate was diagnosed back in 1983, and after the annoyance of the tests and not driving etc the first year or so he was fine, has medication but has no problems. I remember him saying it was such a relief knowing it was an actual condition, not something that would kill him, and at last he had an name and knew why he had had so many problems
Old Nov 8th 2011, 9:18 pm
Home and Happy

Ok then - no ceremony. I'll get plenty of wine in and I might throw a bit of bread n' cheese your way once a day.

Not to be cheeky - but if you can, try and land in daylight hours. I hate driving on the motorways in the dark here. Italy is very very poor on street lighting and I'm always blinded by cars coming in the other direction.

April 25th is a bank holiday here so we'll all be off and the kids have Monday 30th and Tuesday May 1st off for May Day.

Other than those days kids will be at school which means I'm here so come when you like.
Yep, no ceremony, I love wine (have to be wary on red these days but can drink any amount of white Some bread and cheese'd be welcome, do you have them breadstick things too?
Thanks for the tip about the timing, I'll have a proper look at flights nearer the time when I've sorted out the important stuff of the trip (ie taking my niece to a Chelsea match ) and I'm sure we can sort something out in daylight
yeay it'll be fabulous

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.