Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Wikiposts

Comfortably numb......

Old Nov 8th 2011, 9:29 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Best of luck to him SC.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 9:32 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yep, no ceremony, I love wine (have to be wary on red these days but can drink any amount of white Some bread and cheese'd be welcome, do you have them breadstick things too?
Thanks for the tip about the timing, I'll have a proper look at flights nearer the time when I've sorted out the important stuff of the trip (ie taking my niece to a Chelsea match ) and I'm sure we can sort something out in daylight
yeay it'll be fabulous
A move to Italy is my dream, shall probably take me a good 10 years to fulfill that dream, but even when I was young I always said I would move to Italy, was fascinated with it very early on.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 9:38 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, no ceremony, I love wine (have to be wary on red these days but can drink any amount of white Some bread and cheese'd be welcome, do you have them breadstick things too?
Thanks for the tip about the timing, I'll have a proper look at flights nearer the time when I've sorted out the important stuff of the trip (ie taking my niece to a Chelsea match ) and I'm sure we can sort something out in daylight
yeay it'll be fabulous
Yep - plenty of breadstick things .... even posh ones with rosemary or other stuff, salted or unsalted, thin as matchsticks or fatter ones.

White is my preference too, that and gallons of Prosecco.

Clocks will go forwards here at end of March so day will be lighter and longer.

Looking good
Old Nov 8th 2011, 9:40 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
A move to Italy is my dream, shall probably take me a good 10 years to fulfill that dream, but even when I was young I always said I would move to Italy, was fascinated with it very early on.
Well if you ever fancy a holiday you know there's a full drinks fridge here, 2 kids (that can regularly be ignored), a sofa bed and a fluent translator for you.

Plus a bit o' cheese and a few breadstick things
Old Nov 8th 2011, 9:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yep - plenty of breadstick things .... even posh ones with rosemary or other stuff, salted or unsalted, thin as matchsticks or fatter ones.

White is my preference too, that and gallons of Prosecco.

Clocks will go forwards here at end of March so day will be lighter and longer.

Looking good
Sounds perfect
I have a mission now - learn to say "More wine please, and pass the breadsticks" in Italian With my language abilities it'll take me till April to learn it!!
Old Nov 8th 2011, 10:01 pm

Sounds perfect
I have a mission now - learn to say "More wine please, and pass the breadsticks" in Italian With my language abilities it'll take me till April to learn it!!
ancora vino per favore e passa i grissini

or in your case perhaps:

un'altro litro di vino bianco per favore
Old Nov 8th 2011, 10:08 pm

Well if you ever fancy a holiday you know there's a full drinks fridge here, 2 kids (that can regularly be ignored), a sofa bed and a fluent translator for you.

Plus a bit o' cheese and a few breadstick things

I'll hold you to that missie.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 10:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

ancora vino per favore e passa i grissini

or in your case perhaps:

un'altro litro di vino bianco per favore
Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by scottishcelts

I'll hold you to that missie.
The offer sticks. If you like what you're gonna get, come anytime. I like an open house and I like people (generally) and honestly, I don't invite people that I think I might not get on with too well.

Let's get this party started girl.

Now then! Any tips from anybody who knows Poll personally? What do I need to do or have to make her stay in Italy the best? Is filling the drinks fridge enough
Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:33 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

The offer sticks. If you like what you're gonna get, come anytime. I like an open house and I like people (generally) and honestly, I don't invite people that I think I might not get on with too well.

Now then! Any tips from anybody who knows Poll personally? What do I need to do or have to make her stay in Italy the best? Is filling the drinks fridge enough
Lots of drink and power points
Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Lots of drink and power points
Thanks Bernie.

I knew you'd be one of the first to chip in being on a similar time frame and all that. I can do the drink and manage the power points .... by which I presume you mean plug sockets?

How many gadgets can the woman fit into a simple rucksack?
Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:39 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Twiglets and/or marmite She lucked out when we met her 'cos I can't stand the stuff, bet we did take her to the hallowed ground and to meet her hero so I hope that made up for the lack of 'em
Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:40 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Bernie.

I knew you'd be one of the first to chip in being on a similar time frame and all that. I can do the drink and manage the power points .... by which I presume you mean plug sockets?

How many gadgets can the woman fit into a simple rucksack?
Rucksack ?????? she has more baggage than yer prime minister
Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by rasen78
Twiglets and/or marmite She lucked out when we met her 'cos I can't stand the stuff, bet we did take her to the hallowed ground and to meet her hero so I hope that made up for the lack of 'em

She's more than lucked out here then. It's a bloody good thing I can't stand either as they just don't exist here in Italy - nowhere. If that's what she wants she'll have to bring her own .... and not make me gip at the smell of Marmite. Maybe she'll make do with a great pizza and litres of wine.

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Rucksack ?????? she has more baggage than yer prime minister
What Berlusconi! That twat! I hope she doesn't spout as much shite or make as many false promises !
Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:46 am
FREE TIBET

She's more than lucked out here then. It's a bloody good thing I can't stand either as they just don't exist here in Italy - nowhere. If that's what she wants she'll have to bring her own .... and not make me gip at the smell of Marmite. Maybe she'll make do with a great pizza and litres of wine.

What Berlusconi! That twat! I hope she doesn't spout as much shite or make as many false promises !
Well she doesn't make promises

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.