Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Wikiposts

Comfortably numb......

Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Well she doesn't make promises
Oi!! I'm awake now and reading all this!!!!

I keep my promises BB as you well know

I shall leave most of my luggage in Bristol Lorna - cos he's right, I always have heaps owing to the fact I take stuff over for everyone, and buy loads while I'm home I'll just bring the new purple rucksack The powerpoints is right too I live on my iphone, ipod, laptop, and kindle and they are all flat by the end of a journey so the first thing I do is take over everyone's electricity supply

Lots of dry white wine, lots of breadsticks and cheese, and I do adore pizza specially wiv mushrooms
Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:55 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
Twiglets and/or marmite She lucked out when we met her 'cos I can't stand the stuff, bet we did take her to the hallowed ground and to meet her hero so I hope that made up for the lack of 'em
More than made up for the lack of twiglets!! Had a great time up there I'm trying to work out if I can make a return trip to the hallowed turf in April - I have to take my niece to watch Chelsea so I feel I deserve a trip to the City Ground to make up for it, even if its up and back in a day

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 9th 2011 at 8:05 am.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:59 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Oi!! I'm awake now and reading all this!!!!

I keep my promises BB as you well know

I shall leave most of my luggage in Bristol Lorna - cos he's right, I always have heaps owing to the fact I take stuff over for everyone, and buy loads while I'm home I'll just bring the new purple rucksack The powerpoints is right too I live on my iphone, ipod, laptop, and kindle and they are all flat by the end of a journey so the first thing I do is take over everyone's electricity supply

Lots of dry white wine, lots of breadsticks and cheese, and I do adore pizza specially wiv mushrooms
Knew you'd be here sooner or later. Isn't it nice to know how well you're known and that people actually like having you around.

Regards power points .... OH has a whole collection of shite in a drawer including some mulit-powered thing but I think it works on the prinicple plug being Italian.

You might need to buy a cheap UK/Italy plug thingy. I used to have two but over the last couple of years they have both disappeared. Not sure if it's sisters or dad or friends making mistakes but my bloody plug convertor thingies have gone. But I might buy one at Xmas which is before you come anyway.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:05 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Knew you'd be here sooner or later. Isn't it nice to know how well you're known and that people actually like having you around.

Regards power points .... OH has a whole collection of shite in a drawer including some mulit-powered thing but I think it works on the prinicple plug being Italian.

You might need to buy a cheap UK/Italy plug thingy. I used to have two but over the last couple of years they have both disappeared. Not sure if it's sisters or dad or friends making mistakes but my bloody plug convertor thingies have gone. But I might buy one at Xmas which is before you come anyway.
I've got a universal one somewhere - might get another one before then too, and as I'm used to living on two sides of the world I'm well practised at having adapters on everything so I'll turn up well prepared don't worry
Bernie's place usually looks like its got spaghetti all over the floor when I'm there, cables everywhere cos after a 24 hour flight everything is flat I even had to buy him an extar multi-point powerboard
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:18 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a universal one somewhere - might get another one before then too, and as I'm used to living on two sides of the world I'm well practised at having adapters on everything so I'll turn up well prepared don't worry
Bernie's place usually looks like its got spaghetti all over the floor when I'm there, cables everywhere cos after a 24 hour flight everything is flat I even had to buy him an extar multi-point powerboard
Universal - yes that's the one. The OH has got one of those somewhere but according to him it didn't have all the right bits and being a mechanical electrician or something he has often made up his own bits from cables, wires and plugs.

We have electricity anyway and lots of empty plug holes (oooer Matron). We'll manage with your gadgets even if I do charge you a B&B supplement for the over use of electricity
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:22 am
Home and Happy

Universal - yes that's the one. The OH has got one of those somewhere but according to him it didn't have all the right bits and being a mechanical electrician or something he has often made up his own bits from cables, wires and plugs.

We have electricity anyway and lots of empty plug holes (oooer Matron). We'll manage with your gadgets even if I do charge you a B&B supplement for the over use of electricity
I'm sure we can come to an arrangement Hope my iphone works there..... ....I need to do some proper planning, I guess dates would be a good start, we've got another staff meeting today, I'll do it then perhaps
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:31 am

I'm sure we can come to an arrangement Hope my iphone works there..... ....I need to do some proper planning, I guess dates would be a good start, we've got another staff meeting today, I'll do it then perhaps
No reason why your I-phone shouldn't work here. It's being extensively advertised and sold. Italy is in yet another crisis but the big knobs and all the show offs seem to have the big technology including i-phones and the like...... even though I know it's more expensive here still than in other countries.

The dicks can't speak any other language and don't know how to shop around and get a better deal. Thank Christ I'm teaching my kids a whole load of other worldy things - from culture to food to shopping to language and to expressions like "Mummy will wring yer bleeding neck if you try that again!"
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:37 am
Home and Happy

No reason why your I-phone shouldn't work here. It's being extensively advertised and sold. Italy is in yet another crisis but the big knobs and all the show offs seem to have the big technology including i-phones and the like...... even though I know it's more expensive here still than in other countries.

The dicks can't speak any other language and don't know how to shop around and get a better deal. Thank Christ I'm teaching my kids a whole load of other worldy things - from culture to food to shopping to language and to expressions like "Mummy will wring yer bleeding neck if you try that again!"
I might learn that one too, could use it on my youngest niece......she'll promptly write it down and go and look it up on google, far too organised a child!!
I'll get the international roaming package from here then it'll be relatively cheap to use while I'm there. I have a UK sim for when I'm home but I don't think they have a cheap package I can get on PAYG.
Italian phrasebook on order from Amazon

Seriously I'm a very easy guest, I'll sleep anywhere and muck in with anything, just keep promising me wine and I'll even join in with stuff like the school run
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:43 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

I might learn that one too, could use it on my youngest niece......she'll promptly write it down and go and look it up on google, far too organised a child!!
I'll get the international roaming package from here then it'll be relatively cheap to use while I'm there. I have a UK sim for when I'm home but I don't think they have a cheap package I can get on PAYG.

Seriously I'm a very easy guest, I'll sleep anywhere and muck in with anything, just keep promising me wine and I'll even join in with stuff like the school run
Don't believe a bloody word Lorna worse than the worst MIL on national being a bitchy MIL day

Anyway never mind footie Army - Navy rugby is at Twickers 28th April - much more fun
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:47 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
Don't believe a bloody word Lorna worse than the worst MIL on national being a bitchy MIL day

Anyway never mind footie Army - Navy rugby is at Twickers 28th April - much more fun
we going?
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:49 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

we going?
maybe, need babysitters as it's a drinkathon
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:51 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

maybe, need babysitters as it's a drinkathon
thought you wanted to take the boy too?
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:52 am

Whilst you're at mine - I have a great deal on any UK prefix which includes Northern Ireland. I (or you) can stay on the phone as long as you like for just 20 cents a call. That's not 20 cents a minute - it's per call. The telephone company when they gave me this deal just did not know how much I'd be taking advanatge of it. More fool them. I have hours and hours and days and days worth of calls to any UK number for just a few euro

And I'm sure you're an easy guest. You'd have to be to get along in this house anyway as we certainly do not stand or ceremony or dress for dinner or retire to the drawing room for sherry. You'll be lucky some mornings if you're first in the bathroom. It sounds to me like you're ready to muck in and that's the kind of person we like. Of course - if the OH is at home then he can muck in and you and me girl can party
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:53 am
Shiny Arse Know All

thought you wanted to take the boy too?
oh yes, doh will also hopefully be on a resettlement course either side
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:57 am

Oh dear - have I dropped a bollox ? (as me da would say)

I actually have a very nice Italian MIL - compared to most women here who have a demon one. Polly better not come here and upset my balance - unless the weight we put on is measured in litres

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.