Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Comfortably numb......

Old Mar 8th 2011, 3:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
sorry can't hear any violins playing

back to more important matters it's Arsenal vs Barcelona tonight and I'm going to combine it with a traditional ozzie bar, well Walkabout in Glasgow anyway Either way I'll be consuming vast quantities of lager so hopefully the "gold event", means 2 for 1 on beer
Ahhhh now that's the good bit about the building. We have won the battle for the sports channels and can now watch football on a screen ten feet high , on the wall opposite the desk - oh and it has four inputs so I'm currently watching football AND cricket at the same time as well as the obligatory news and weather channels!
Old Mar 8th 2011, 4:36 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Ahhhh now that's the good bit about the building. We have won the battle for the sports channels and can now watch football on a screen ten feet high , on the wall opposite the desk - oh and it has four inputs so I'm currently watching football AND cricket at the same time as well as the obligatory news and weather channels!
you lucky lucky barsteward

apparently Walkabout has a "huge", screen not just a big screen so here's hoping

and didn't NZ score a shed load of runs today
Old Mar 8th 2011, 4:53 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

you lucky lucky barsteward

apparently Walkabout has a "huge", screen not just a big screen so here's hoping

and didn't NZ score a shed load of runs today
They did well Specially in Huge Screen Mode My shift finishes too early to watch Barcelona on it though
Old Mar 8th 2011, 5:00 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

They did well Specially in Huge Screen Mode My shift finishes too early to watch Barcelona on it though
watch at home?
Old Mar 8th 2011, 5:11 am
Home and Happy

watch at home?
No TV!! I shall have the BBC text running while I'm listening to Forest getting another thrashing
Old Mar 9th 2011, 1:12 am
Shiny Arse Know All

Well that was a load of arse

at 1-1 thought we were in with a chance despite being outplayed for the first half.

can't even be arsed moaning about the ref sending RVP off whilst not punishing them for trying out their choke holds

even worse the take aways were all shut near the flat when we got back

and Forest threw away a lead
Old Mar 9th 2011, 1:16 am
Home and Happy

Well that was a load of arse

at 1-1 thought we were in with a chance despite being outplayed for the first half.

can't even be arsed moaning about the ref sending RVP off whilst not punishing them for trying out their choke holds

even worse the take aways were all shut near the flat when we got back

and Forest threw away a lead
Seriously p*ssed off with Forest, fell apart in the second half, not only lost but let Leeeeeeeeeeeeds go above us

Barcelona did well though I got over my annoyance by finding my arsenal-loving ex on facebook and sending him a message about what a lovely city Barcelona is Good thing he's 12,000 miles away or it'd be another round of fisticuffs

You do have my sympathgy over the takeaway situation though
Old Mar 9th 2011, 2:50 am
Shiny Arse Know All

Seriously p*ssed off with Forest, fell apart in the second half, not only lost but let Leeeeeeeeeeeeds go above us

Barcelona did well though I got over my annoyance by finding my arsenal-loving ex on facebook and sending him a message about what a lovely city Barcelona is Good thing he's 12,000 miles away or it'd be another round of fisticuffs

You do have my sympathgy over the takeaway situation though
Have to agree it's a great run ashore. The Nou Camp is falling apart a bit though, concrete doesn't last forever.

Spent several days sitting outside a bar at the top of Las Ramblas, drinking relatively cheap beer and admiring the "scenery"
Old Mar 9th 2011, 3:18 am
Home and Happy

Have to agree it's a great run ashore. The Nou Camp is falling apart a bit though, concrete doesn't last forever.

Spent several days sitting outside a bar at the top of Las Ramblas, drinking relatively cheap beer and admiring the "scenery"
And I can guess at what kind of scenery you were admiring!
Old Mar 9th 2011, 4:19 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

he'd best be careful what he says next

QUote of the day from the boy

"Mummy, what are you giving up for Lent?"

"Nothing S, me and Daddy don't follow religion. Why, what are you giving up?"

"Having a light on in my room at night.....and tidying up my room"

Gotta love 'em
Old Mar 9th 2011, 4:40 am
It's cos I'm Ginger isn't

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all

Does sound like a very friendly building at all Polly

Still I am sure you wil get used to it and it's idiosyncrasies
Old Mar 9th 2011, 5:17 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by rasen78
he'd best be careful what he says next

QUote of the day from the boy

"Mummy, what are you giving up for Lent?"

"Nothing S, me and Daddy don't follow religion. Why, what are you giving up?"

"Having a light on in my room at night.....and tidying up my room"

Gotta love 'em
love it

Originally Posted by GingerDom
Does sound like a very friendly building at all Polly

Still I am sure you wil get used to it and it's idiosyncrasies
Its a WEEEEEIRD building!! Desklights have been adjusted....instead of 10 minutes before they go out, we now get 5 minutes!! Then you have to get up in the middle of whatever you're doing and wander round till they come back on. I think I'll point out how much we are being paid to wander round aimlessly in the wee small hours waving our arms at the ceiling. That should get it sorted
As long as we keep the mega-tv with the sport on it I guess I'll cope, but its compared to this old friendly one. And its freezing. Three hours in there tonight and I'm frozen. Last night in the good office though, very sad
Attached Thumbnails Comfortably numb......-p1030478.jpg   Comfortably numb......-p1030482.jpg  

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 9th 2011 at 5:19 am.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 6:08 pm

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Just been on a theme park ride in my own building!!!! Absolute shocker, totally scary when all sorts of crap started falling about the flat up here on the 13th floor, lifts out of action etc so gotta stay put now and endure the aftershocks.....

Cell ph doesn't work. Some awful scenes on tv (Sendai area) already....
Old Mar 10th 2011, 6:17 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by expatasia
Just been on a theme park ride in my own building!!!! Absolute shocker, totally scary when all sorts of crap started falling about the flat up here on the 13th floor, lifts out of action etc so gotta stay put now and endure the aftershocks.....

Both my phones just went mad with tsunami alerts (none for Aus AT THIS TIME before anyone reading starts panicking). Sounds like a bad one.....

On 3/11/2011 5:46:23 AM UTC (about 15:15h local time) an earthquake of magnitude 7.9 occurred in the unpopulated region of Tohoku in Japan. The earthquake happened 128km from Sendai.
It is likely that a tsunami was generated. The maximum tsunami wave height near the coast of Nakase will be 2.11m.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/w...1226019887907?

The quake that struck at 2.46pm (3.46pm Queensland time) today was followed by a series of aftershocks, including a 7.4-magnitude one about 30 minutes later. The US Geological Survey upgraded the strength of the first quake to a magnitude 8.8.

Holy Possoms Batman, that is one heck of a quake.

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 10th 2011 at 6:34 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 6:28 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatasia

Take care up there, looks nasty

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.