Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

Wikiposts

British Football thread

Old Jul 12th 2004, 2:14 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mattbutt
Can someone explain how you get a draw in the results table of the prediction league I cant work it out?
From the predictionfootball.com forums -->
3 Points for a correct prediction.
e.g. you predict 3-3 and the result is 3-3 and you get 3 points. This is classed as a win.

1 Point for a correct result.
e.g. you predict 4-1 and the result is 2-1 then you get 1 point. This is classed as a draw

0 Points for an incorrect result. e.g. you predict 3-1 and the result is 1-1. This is classed as a loss.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 5:00 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jambo_2004
Hearts are playing Millwall up in British Columbia, not too far from me. I'm rather peeved that I only just found this out...an oportunity missed

There's also Everton vs Club America in the Copa De Tejas Soccer...whatever that is. That's in TX so maybe one for you Dave.
Thanks for the heads up Tony, its down in Houston between 29th July and 1st August. The Toffees will be playing against Mexican teams Club America and Pachuca. Houston in midsummer is not an attractive proposition, I'll only be able to go if I can convince the missus to visit the Houston Ikea.

I was surprised to see that Hearts are going to Canada, I though money was tight?! Aberdeen are off to Holland in the minibus this week.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 5:16 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Webbie
From the predictionfootball.com forums -->
Thanks Webbie, Im sure if I had looked hard enough I would have found it...sorry... its monday
Old Jul 12th 2004, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by DaveC
I was surprised to see that Hearts are going to Canada, I though money was tight?!

Canada or C & A ?
Old Jul 12th 2004, 5:55 am
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DaveC
I was surprised to see that Hearts are going to Canada, I though money was tight?! Aberdeen are off to Holland in the minibus this week.
It is mate. Even more bizzarly, we are also playing the Canadian national team
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:12 am

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

BUBBA HO-TEP

http://www.bubbahotep.com/

Get yourself down to the video store and rent this now.
Very, very recommended.

I remember somebody mentioning it on these forums... can't remember who it was.. Scrumps was it you ?
Anyway you chaps have to see it.
Proof that Hollywood can make a decent movie amongst all those mindless blockbusters.

Quick synopsis:
Elvis isn't dead - he's living in a retirement home in East Texas.
He makes friends with a black guy who thinks he's JFK and they team up to defeat a 4000 year old mummy who is sucking the souls out of the other residents.

Yes very weird.
Is it a horror ? A comedy ?
Ah who cares just get in the car and get down to Blockbuster.

--

Better mention some footie:
Next Saturday's matches have been entered into the Predicts.
Last chance to have a play with it before August 7th.

Pete - better do some boning up on each of the teams form before you do yours.
http://www.mlsnet.com/
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:15 am
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Pete - better do some boning up on each of the teams form before you do yours.
http://www.mlsnet.com/
Thanks for the heads-up. Can you get them to put the teams in regular English order so I know which team is at home - that's my story and I'm sticking to it
Old Jul 12th 2004, 3:13 pm

I have to do my own blog.

Of late I've been creating blogs for other people but I need to do one of my own.

You see I keep finding cool stuff which I could post here, but I take this thread off topic enough.

Ah... what the heck, let's take the side road for a second.

Latest find - Make the monkey talk:
http://www.bushspeech.org/
(Hint - insert a "breathe in" every so often)
******* hillarious and amazing what you can do with flash these days.

--

Going back to my favourite white trash from the other day - I found out that she was taken to hospital whilst being handcuffed to a stretcher and aparantly the "gynelogical problems" was a claim to the cops by a very drunk Courtney (she threw bottles out of a 4th story window - thus the need for police and handcuffs) that she just had an abortion.
Read the full story:
http://nypost.com/news/regionalnews/26958.htm
(Warning - pop up windows)

The bloke who posts tomorrow's Sun over on PB hasn't, so some footie headlines from me:

* Chelsea complete the signing of PSV striker Mateja Kezman.
* Birmingham complete a £2.2m move for Chelsea winger Jesper Gronkjaer.
* Barcelona's Kluivert now top Liverpool target.
* Ray Parlour's missus might get a drop in her settlement already - Brum and Boro are both after him.
* Bolton set to hand trials to freed Rangers flop Emerson.
* Otto says no to Germany. - Greece coach Otto Rehagel has turned down an offer to take over the German national team.
* Peter Reid wants to take Sheri to Coventry.
* Pompy have signed LuaLua (Newcastle) and Unsworth (Everton)

Old Jul 13th 2004, 4:14 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Webbie, back to Joe Royle and him getting wadloads from Citeh.............

According to the MEN

Carlton Palmer and Assistant Richardson

Awarded over £100,000 in an out of court settlement...Radio Manchester
reported at 1 pm this afternoon.Apparently we've also admitted
wrongful dismissal-or something like that..
Settlements were reached with both-Palmer gets 1 years salary,
Richardson
gets 18 months...
Old Jul 13th 2004, 4:41 am

Originally posted by manc1976
Hey Webbie, back to Joe Royle and him getting wadloads from Citeh.............

According to the MEN

Carlton Palmer and Assistant Richardson

Awarded over £100,000 in an out of court settlement...Radio Manchester
reported at 1 pm this afternoon.Apparently we've also admitted
wrongful dismissal-or something like that..
Settlements were reached with both-Palmer gets 1 years salary,
Richardson
gets 18 months...
What the... big ******* joke this.
As I posted before - why are they rewarding these people for failure. Should be fined !

Graham Turnip - you owe the English FA a couple of mill...

A bit of maths now:

If 1 Zidane is worth, say...10 Gerrards, and one Barthez equals two James - What's a Heskey worth ??!!

And is a 1 Rooney equal to 1 Zidane at the moment or does that not add up ?
Old Jul 13th 2004, 4:46 am
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

A bit of maths now:

If 1 Zidane is worth, say...10 Gerrards, and one Barthez equals two James - What's a Heskey worth ??!!
Bag of chips, but don't supersize it.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 5:05 am
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry if someone has posted this already....

http://www.mkdongs.com/
Old Jul 13th 2004, 5:28 am
Just Joined

mantronix is an unknown quantity at this point

Man City just signed Danny Mills from Leeds - Free , City just took over his Leeds contract (5 years).
Old Jul 13th 2004, 8:52 am

Originally posted by Tone
Sorry if someone has posted this already....

http://www.mkdongs.com/
Nice one Tone. (Or actually - nice one by the bloke there who did the site.)
Have you looked at the supporters club ?
http://www.mkdongs.com/supporters.htm
None of the pics have been retouched in there - those people actually look like that.

Thanks for reminding me - have to keep an eye out for the AFC Wimbledon results this season. Would be great to see them eventually end up in the league and replace the MK Dons.
Originally posted by mantronix
Man City just signed Danny Mills from Leeds - Free , City just took over his Leeds contract (5 years).
I wish I could get excited by this, but as I posted a couple of pages back - Citeh have no money to spend on new players and are grabbing from the bargain bin.
Mills is an alright player, but not spectacular.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 9:12 am
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

SPL news :-

Maradona on trial at Dunfermline.
His laddie that is - "The 17-year-old son of the Argentine legend is currently with his father's former club, Napoli.

The Pars were linked with a move for the youngster last year and Blackburn manager Graeme Souness is also interested in looking at the player.

Maradona junior has been capped at youth level for Italy and plays as an attacking midfielder..."

Yes we also had Rodrie Giggs on trial, Ryans younger sibling...the term couldnt hit a barn door springs to mind.

Just over three weeks before new season starts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.