Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

Wikiposts

British Football thread

Old Jul 9th 2004, 1:32 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Alright to provide fair and balanced coverage here..
(Hey I like that phrase - I'll have to copyright it. )

What is your Redneck name:
http://www.amiredneckornot.com/name/index.php3
Ma and Pa call me Carl Enos - which I'm bit disappointed about.

A babycham goes to the first one that gets Cletus.

And my favourite white trash is having a good 40th birthday today:

A warrant for her arrest was issued in California and tonight she was admitted into hospital in New York with "gynecological issues."

Happy Birthday Courtney. Long may you reign !

This is how rock and roll should be !
Scandals, sex, drugs, booze...the whole nine yards.

Oh better talk about the footie...

The MLS games are all over the shop (with kick off times) tomorrow. And we moan if they don't all go at 3pm on a Saturday.
There was that link a few pages back about watching it online..?
I'll go and have a look.
Results will be entered in on Sunday morning. I'll post on here when it's done.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 1:49 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Webbie
What is your Redneck name:
Well sheeee-it, y'all can call me Jethro Joe, y'hear? The south shall rise again etc etc.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 5:21 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

The MLS games are all over the shop (with kick off times) tomorrow. And we moan if they don't all go at 3pm on a Saturday.
There was that link a few pages back about watching it online..?
I'll go and have a look.
Results will be entered in on Sunday morning. I'll post on here when it's done.
http://sports.yahoo.com/s/soccerpass
Old Jul 9th 2004, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mojo

Originally posted by jambo_2004
Tony Carlisle's the name...pleased to meet you Terry.

Apparently the wife and I are now known as Pubert & Margaret Watson.

How many famous Puberts do you know ?

As fer our redneck names..............Memsahib is Bronco Wesson and I am Tiny Trash. My Mother In law comes out as Ole Polecat. SO I guess they have 1 right !
Old Jul 10th 2004, 3:23 am

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

"Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children !"

Sun exclusive with the money grabbing bint who says that she did it for the children (and will not be dumping them with a nanny and buggering off to the Algarve at the first opportunity)
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004312705,00.html

"Keegan expects the axe if things don't improve at Citeh"
http://www.football365.com/news/prem...y_118712.shtml
Well no actually. I fully expect him to bottle and walk out it if they have another season like the last one.

and things are not boding to well already - he's been told there's no money to spend on new players. (Spent £50 mill since taking over from Joe Royle.)
At the moment he's collecting a few bargain basement names, has got Ben Thatcher on a free and is looking at another rat/sinking/ship Leeds player - Danny Mills.

Incidently the Leeds ground is up for sale if anyone has a few quid.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ed/3882389.stm
You could put some allotments on there.

All the MLS games kick off in the evening so I can't be arsed with that, I'll get the results tomorrow.
Off to play the links instead:
http://www.mousebreaker.net/game18.shtml
Fanny is my caddy.
Old Jul 10th 2004, 9:20 am
"Where are the shovels?"

Hibs knocked outa the intertoto before it even started lol.
Was just on their forum to lend my condolences and comiserations and read this...

"I hope the hurt and humiliation being felt by every hibs fan filters through to the players over the next week, because we all know that we are going to be crucified about this result over the next few weeks. I say hurt and humiliation because I hope that the players young though they are will learn someting from this defeat and bearing in mind that Mogga is also just cutting his teeth at managerial level that he has learned something in defeat also. They say there are no easy games but surely we are capable of beating teams of part-time status.."

Great stuff from Edinburgh's wee team...Mogga is Tony Mowbrey...nuff said I think
Old Jul 10th 2004, 1:29 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Hibs knocked outa the intertoto before it even started lol.
Having experienced the embarrassment of defeat by Latvian minnows, I feel duty bound to defend Hibs. Not too strenuously though I'm relishing the prospect of playing them next season as they appear to be pish. Vetra Vilnius are 10+ games into their season, obviously Hibs are still in pre-season training.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

DC United v Nottingham Forest at RFK this Wednesday night 14th July, 7:30. Fancy that as a decent game. Shame they have not still got Stuart Pearce, he would teach Adu a thing or two !

At 5 pm they have Washington freedom v Forest ladies.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/15...&minorcatid=11

Seems Forest play Richmond Kickers on Friday 16th at 7:00pm at the University of Richmond Stadium. Tickets for that seem $ 14.

On Tuesday 20th they play Virginia Beach Mariners, 7:30 pm at the Sportsplex.

Anyone know of any other UK teams touring the US apart form the much overhyped games ?

Last edited by doctor scrumpy; Jul 11th 2004 at 2:37 am.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 3:59 pm

....Well I ended up listening to the Chicago v New England match via MLSnet.com
It kicked off at 9.45pm my time (EST) and this was because of the U.S national team playing a friendly with Poland just before that, which I didn't know about (and explains why the Chicago game kicked off so late.)

Stevie Nichol's boys (N.England) couldn't find the winner and it ended up as a draw.

Well done to the Chicago Fire for providing online commentary of the match. The commentator himself was fine, if a little dull.

But anyhoots onto the interesting stuff - the results:

MetroStars 2 - San Jose 0
Los Angeles 2 - Colorado 0
Chicago 1 - New England 1
Dallas 0 - Columbus 0
Kansas City 1 - DC United 0

And as a result of these results the (practice) Prediction League is lead by ducatiandy with 5 points (W1 D2 L2 F3 A9) with Mattbutt also on 5 points but with a 2 goal difference.

Bringing up the rear and going for the WebbieCrapPrediction crown is ScousePete with nada.
Zero points. Nowt. Nothing.
(W0 D0 L5 F0 A15)
Yes he gone none for and 15 against.

http://files.netairborne.com/predict...ctionIndex.php

But as I mentioned this is only a practice run Pete, so one more try before we begin proper on August 7th.

I'll enter in next weekend's fixtures - and final practice -tommorrow.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 5:25 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Anyone know of any other UK teams touring the US apart form the much overhyped games ?
Hearts are playing Millwall up in British Columbia, not too far from me. I'm rather peeved that I only just found this out...an oportunity missed

There's also Everton vs Club America in the Copa De Tejas Soccer...whatever that is. That's in TX so maybe one for you Dave.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hearts are playing Millwall up in British Columbia, not too far from me. I'm rather peeved that I only just found this out...an oportunity missed

There's also Everton vs Club America in the Copa De Tejas Soccer...whatever that is. That's in TX so maybe one for you Dave.

Celtic are in US doing their pre-season friendlies don't know who or where, usually about Boston and New York.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 10:34 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Bringing up the rear and going for the WebbieCrapPrediction crown is ScousePete with nada.
Zero points. Nowt. Nothing.
(W0 D0 L5 F0 A15)
Yes he gone none for and 15 against.
Yes, well, erm, I was just testing the software to make sure that in the eventuality that someone really was this bad, it would be able to handle it.

Thank god for practice rounds :scared:
Old Jul 11th 2004, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point

....And as a result of these results the (practice) Prediction League is lead by ducatiandy with 5 points (W1 D2 L2 F3 A9) with Mattbutt also on 5 points but with a 2 goal difference.
Bring it on!

Do we really need practice rounds, I think I will need the points come the end of the season.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

5th, handily poised for a push for promotion in the prediction league.

Went to watch my 1st ever game over here yesterday. Nice to see crap refs exist over here, that and the rain made it seem almost like home.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 1:55 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ducatiandy
Bring it on!

Do we really need practice rounds, I think I will need the points come the end of the season.
Can someone explain how you get a draw in the results table of the prediction league I cant work it out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.