Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

British Football thread

Old Jul 8th 2004, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Yeovil v Plymouth will not be without a certain charm too.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 1:55 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Yeovil v Plymouth will not be without a certain charm too.
Plymouth will have to wear their away strip.................first time for everything I guess.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 5:49 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Viduka the latest to bail from Leeds:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...gh/3876427.stm
Gone to Boro who incidently also signed up the winner in that fugly footballer thing we had a few months back-->

Michael Reiziger.

Other rats/sinking/ship :
Matteo (to Blackburn)
Barmby (to Hull) and back
Milner (Newcastle)
Harte (Levante, Spain)
McPhail (Barnsley)
Wilcox (Leicester)
Robinson (Spurs)
Bridges (Bolton)
Smith (Rags)

But they have bought in a couple of replacements:
Michael Ricketts
Jermaine Wright
Paul Butler
Julian Joachim
and other bargain bin replacements - all on a free.

So Kevin Blackwell has got no money (apart from the "parachute payment" from the Prem League, but that will go to pay the debts and now no out and out strikers.
(I mean come on...Michael Ricketts..?)

Downward spiral or bounce straight back ?
Current odds: 9/2 for them going up and 16/1 to go down again.
http://www.oddschecker.com/
Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:18 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Some SPL news for the 2 or 3 of us intrested

Partick Thistle lose their appeal and will be relegated from the SPL. I've said it before, 6 wins the entire season...good ridance.
Congrats to Inverness.

Rangers (spit) captain Craig Moore is thrown on the transfer list after deciding to represent his country (OZ) in the upcoming Olympic Games.

Hibernian are still shite.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 12:05 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jambo_2004
Rangers (spit) captain Craig Moore is thrown on the transfer list
Good riddance, he is a twat. Arteta is leaving too, he has apparently joined Real Sociedad - Rangers lost about 3 million quid on the deal.

I hope Partick let it lie this time, I guess they're running out of options to appeal.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 1:34 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

******g 'ell...
The great one has just had an emergency heart op:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3878889.stm

Music legend David Bowie has undergone an emergency heart operation, it has been announced.
Bowie, 57, underwent surgery last month in Germany - where he was on tour - to treat "an acutely blocked artery", his spokesman said.

He left hospital earlier this week and is convalescing at home in New York, the spokesman added.

The star's cancellation last month of 11 European dates was originally attributed to a shoulder injury.

The spokesman said Bowie sought treatment for what was thought to a be a pinched nerve in his shoulder after performing at a festival in the north-western German town of Scheessel.

It was then that doctors discovered he had an acutely blocked artery that required an emergency procedure known as an angioplasty.

The spokesman said Bowie hoped to return to work next month.

"I can't wait to be fully recovered and get back to work again," Bowie said.

"I tell you what, though, I won't be writing a song about this one."
Scary stuff.

Without looking below or at the file name - guess who this is:

Tomorrow's Sun:
*Her above pictured at a premiere with odd brown circular marks on her back. Apparently, she has been undergoing 'cupping' - a therapy where heated cups are applied to the skin to draw out the toxins.
*The shrine to Princess Di at Althorp is to shut because of declining ticket sales.
*Bryan McFadden has reached an out-of-court settlement with a lapdancer, stopping the case coming to court.
*Littlejohn: Twat.
*BB5: Big Brother hits back at contestants who have been silent all day by burning Stuart's cowboy hat, turning the hot water off and air conditioning up.
*Jude and Sienna have a bust-up. The couple are pictured leaving J Sheekey's with faces like thunder after the argument, with Sienna hiding her face.
*Martine McCutcheon has split from her lover, amicably .
*La Newton asks: Has Lenny Kravitz got the weirdest belly button in rock?
*Samantha Fox is moelling clothes for the "plus-size lady" in Lane Bryant's in-house magazine.
*Duncan James to make a fresh start with girlfriend Anya Lahari.
*McFly's album is to go straight in at number one.
*A Sainsbury's brochure has had to be recalled because it pictured a fly on some stilton.
*BBC and ITV in a bidding war for Shane Ritchie, amid rumours he is quitting EastEnders.
*Rooney has a new tattoo on his arm. A celtic cross with "Coleen" above it.
*George and Lynne: Lynne, topless, goes on a camping holiday with George.

I'll be sending out a reminder out tomorrow morning about getting your footie predictions done.
It will be a test to see if that part of it works too.
If not I've got a record of all email addresses so I can set up a mini-mailing list.
14 names so far, still time for more to join before August 7th.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Some SPL news for the 2 or 3 of us intrested

LOL Can't even beat a team in the inter toto cup
Old Jul 9th 2004, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Even Hibbies are signing players: Dean Sheils from Arsenal and Sammy Morrow also Arsenal I think!

Are Celtic going to sign anyone this season? Or are they just thinking because they walked the league last year they can play there reserve team this year, typical Celtic.

I am sure I will eat my words, but I hope the Accies get them in the cup and we chuff them, just like the Highland Jags have done so many times.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Mojo

15 years ago tomorrow Glasgow Rangers signed Mo Johnston from the clutches of their arch rivals, Celtic:

Does anyone know why this was such a big issue?

What was the last interview Mojo had before he was paraded as Rangers new wonder boy, what was it he said?

Who was the Rangers player/manager at the time?

Why oh why did he role his shorts up like a big poof?
Old Jul 9th 2004, 2:37 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mojo

Originally posted by ducatiandy
15 years ago tomorrow Glasgow Rangers signed Mo Johnston from the clutches of their arch rivals, Celtic:

Does anyone know why this was such a big issue?

What was the last interview Mojo had before he was paraded as Rangers new wonder boy, what was it he said?

Who was the Rangers player/manager at the time?

Why oh why did he role his shorts up like a big poof?
Johnson is a catholic
Graeme Souness was the manager.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Mojo

Originally posted by manc1976
Johnson is a catholic
Graeme Souness was the manager.

Can you expand on the Catholic thing a wee bit more than that.

And yes souness was the man who changed the future of Bigotry in Glasgow for evermore.

Last interview?
Old Jul 9th 2004, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I believe that Souness was married to a Catholic girl though. From what I recall Mo was at Monaco, and had pledged to go to Celtic until Rangers stepped in at the last minute ?
Old Jul 9th 2004, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
I believe that Souness was married to a Catholic girl though. From what I recall Mo was at Monaco, and had pledged to go to Celtic until Rangers stepped in at the last minute ?

Well done on the interview but still missing a great big point on why it was such a big issue excluding the Protestant/Catholic thingy?

Don't actually know if Souness was married to a Catholic or not, he is from Edinburgh and it is not an issue thru by.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 3:11 pm
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Webbie
******g 'ell...

Without looking below or at the file name - guess who this is:

Mrs Paltrow aka Mrs Coldplay

I heard on the radio this morning its the effects of some sort of accupuncture therapy for her bad back from being preggers?

Looks like it did more damage than good.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 3:33 pm
@matthewb76

Originally posted by ducatiandy
Well done on the interview but still missing a great big point on why it was such a big issue excluding the Protestant/Catholic thingy?

Don't actually know if Souness was married to a Catholic or not, he is from Edinburgh and it is not an issue thru by.
no knowledge mate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.