Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

British Football thread

Old Sep 9th 2004, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: British Football thread

Originally Posted by Bob
Aye, same here...
been away a couple days, completely missed the England game, can't be arsed to read the diatribe of the report...
in short, good game or crap?
plus who scored?

Defoe & an own goal..... not that exciting, but job done.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 6:30 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Webbie
Have you had a go at the BBC - Test The Nation - Pop Quiz yet ?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/testthenation/pop/index.shtml
or...
Make a paper airplane.
Difference with this design is that the wings flap.
http://homepage.mac.com/keithgreenst...toAlbum41.html
Old Sep 9th 2004, 6:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
Defoe & an own goal..... not that exciting, but job done.
Yup, least it's a win
Old Sep 9th 2004, 7:08 pm
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

or...
Make a paper airplane.
Thanks webbie, yes I did that pop quiz, a lot of it not from my era im afraid. Will have a go a the aeroplane.

Were you ever a presenter on Why Dont You?

As for the England, reasonable, thats all I can say.

All that moaning about the press being mean. If you dont play shit then the press wont give you a hard time, easy. Its not like it was one source,every paper, tv station was saying the same!!??? Does that not tell you something?
Old Sep 9th 2004, 7:19 pm
Account Closed

or...
Make a paper airplane.
I like this quote:

'throw hard for best flappage'

i like that word 'flappage'.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 7:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattbutt

All that moaning about the press being mean. If you dont play shit then the press wont give you a hard time, easy. Its not like it was one source,every paper, tv station was saying the same!!??? Does that not tell you something?
Aye....quite amusing that...
Old Sep 9th 2004, 11:04 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you had a go at the BBC - Test The Nation - Pop Quiz yet ?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/testthenation/pop/index.shtml
Got 43 out of 70...not too great.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 11:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by tony_2003
Got 43 out of 70...not too great.
That's not bad, I was shite, got 33 or somin', tho on the sections I did well, I did really well, the rest, utter shite...though most of it was definately before my time.....goodenough defence that
Old Sep 10th 2004, 1:43 am

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Quickie reminder about this Saturday's Footie Prediction matches.
Back to 10 games. I'll send an email reminder in the morning.
-->

Aston Villa v Chelsea
Fulham v Arsenal
Liverpool v West Brom
Man City v Everton
Bolton W v The Rags
Dundee U v Aberdeen
Hearts v Rangers
Bristol C v Stockport C
Oxford U v Rushden_Diam
TNS v Caersws FC

Just read today that Newcastle approached Sam Allerdice at Bolton.
I thought Newcastle were a big club with big ambitions. Not any more apparantly.

Robbie Savage has thrown the toys out of his pram because he is banned and will not get to play against ingurland.

Inglaisie press giving the Engrish team a roasting because of their piss poor performance. Even though they won. Terry Butcher went to town on them in his column on the BBC Footie website and is now getting heat over it.

(In case anyone missed is - mentioned in the news the other week - Skeletor is pregnant again.)

Tomorrow's Sun
*It's a boy: Derek and Skeletor expect a male
*It's a girl: Kat Slater expects a female
*J-Lo's £57,000 yacht has been wrecked by Hurricane Ivan
*The Sun interviews a Donkey about the England game because the players refused to speak
*Amir Khan has signed up to appear in Superstars
*Colin Montgomerie gets a quickie divorce tomorrow
*Littlejohn: Twat
*The Sun, responding to Bacall's "legend" outburst, provides us with their modern screen legends
*Woodgate and missus seen walking in Madrid. He wears a top with an Italian flag on, she chews her mobile
*A paedophile groomed a girl on a Busted fan site
*Naomi Campbell reveals all about her drugs and booze battle on Parky
*Johnny Knoxville and Sean William Scott to star as Bo and Luke Duke in the remake of Dukes of Hazzard
*A TV film is planned about Sven and Nancy
*Centre spread: Daniel Bedingfield tells about the ADHD that has affected him since childhood
*George and Lynne: A jogging Lynne discusses a friend;s teenage daughter

And finally... one from the Popbitch mailout:
"Which recently-transferred footballer
features in photos obtained by a Sunday
newspaper with his head in a pile of cocaine?
No doubt the trouble-loving moron hopes his
new club has the power to hush up the story."

Old Sep 10th 2004, 4:20 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Robbie Savage has thrown the toys out of his pram because he is banned and will not get to play against ingurland.
I don't like Robbie Savage and I'm amazed that last night was his first ever sending off. He was a big girl, crying his eyes out as he left the pitch. OK he was the victim of a bad tackle and I don't begrudge his retaliation. But he's a nasty piece of work.

I got 50 out of 70 on the pop quiz, some of those 60's and 70's questions were a bit hard.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 7:25 pm

Where are all you chav's today ? Too quiet here.
Oh by the way - was listening to Five Live today (woke up at 6am couldn't sleep so I did some work and put on the radio) Heard a report that anyone wearing Burburry will be banned from going in pubs.
If any of you are planning a trip back to Blighty forget about packing that Burburry baseball hat.

We haven't heard much from King Chav this week as well - How was the trip to Canada ? Did you manage to smuggle in that Fillipino ?

Who's in for the Blackburn job ? Any thoughts ?
Peter Reid has been mentioned. Mark Hughes is odds on.
Houllier as usual. Dick Advocaat. Gordon Strachan.
Wales are shi tting their keks worrying about losing Hughes, they said they would let him do Wales part time if he takes the 400 Holes job.

My money is on Hughes.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 7:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Where are all you chav's today ? Too quiet here.
Oh by the way - was listening to Five Live today (woke up at 6am couldn't sleep so I did some work and put on the radio) Heard a report that anyone wearing Burburry will be banned from going in pubs.
If any of you are planning a trip back to Blighty forget about packing that Burburry baseball hat.

I put that story up in one of the threads, but apparantly my news finding annoys people *l*
and burberry have stopped making the caps, cos of the image
Old Sep 10th 2004, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

*Centre spread: Daniel Bedingfield tells about the ADHD that has affected him since childhood
I always thought the cure for ADHD was a clip round the ear, seemed to work when we were kids, no bloody whinging ADHD in them days.
Old Sep 10th 2004, 8:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
I always thought the cure for ADHD was a clip round the ear, seemed to work when we were kids, no bloody whinging ADHD in them days.
Whats ADHD?
Old Sep 10th 2004, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by mattbutt
Whats ADHD?
After Dinner I Did A Shit.

Oh no..sorry it isn't. That was my old school sports bag...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.