Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

Wikiposts

British Football thread

Old Sep 14th 2004, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: British Football thread

Originally Posted by mattbutt
So I take it you dont teach the kids to play the offside rule if it isnt enforced, sounds like watching the conference.
The conference is a great level to watch football, 8 quid in means more money for bevy.

Yes teach them the offside rule, although an offside trap would be futile over here. Also penalty kicks are a new thing for them at u 10 level. Ex-Blackpool & England keeper Tony Waiters runs the US coaching side it seems.

U-10 tend to play 7-a-side at Rec level, with a squad of 12 I have to play everyone for at least 1/2 a game if they want to play that much. Still tends to be playing a game by 1/4s though. I have a decent starting 7, and then a hold on for grim death line up when they are not playing. Round here they don't want any onesided games of 10-0 types, you are told to ease up if you get 5 goals ahead.

Still it is fun, reminds me of Saturdays back in the UK, without the Scrumpy though
Old Sep 14th 2004, 7:13 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
I have a decent starting 7, and then a hold on for grim death line up when they are not playing. Round here they don't want any onesided games of 10-0 types, you are told to ease up if you get 5 goals ahead.

Still it is fun, reminds me of Saturdays back in the UK, without the Scrumpy though
Sounds like quite a good set up for kids, you dont want them experiencing the demoralising effects of a 10-0 drubbing too early in life.

Just noticed the ref in the arsenal game today is the same one that was screwed up the wales game last week! could be interesting.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 7:30 am
Account Closed

Got the Arsenal game on a decent webstream, Henry dribbled the ball fromt he sideline level with 18 yrd box, down to the left post and played the ball intentionaly off a PSV player into the net. Cheeky.

1-0 Arsenal. seems to be a case of playing the perfect goal, when the could have had two easy goals by now.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 7:44 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Got the Arsenal game on a decent webstream, Henry dribbled the ball fromt he sideline level with 18 yrd box, down to the left post and played the ball intentionaly off a PSV player into the net. Cheeky.

1-0 Arsenal. seems to be a case of playing the perfect goal, when the could have had two easy goals by now.
Larsson is on the bench for Barcelona
Old Sep 14th 2004, 2:22 pm
Account Closed

Anyone fancy a Brit Ex Pats Online Poker Game for a bit of fun, not sure how we'd organise it but there must be something out there that would work?

Manc dont you play online poker? Can you make the games exclusive to invited people?
Old Sep 14th 2004, 2:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone fancy a Brit Ex Pats Online Poker Game for a bit of fun, not sure how we'd organise it but there must be something out there that would work?

Manc dont you play online poker? Can you make the games exclusive to invited people?
AOL does somin' like that I think
Old Sep 14th 2004, 2:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
AOL does somin' like that I think
I havent got an AOL account, think its going to have to be a free thingy if people want to do it? Think Yahoo has something but it doesnt look great?

That mean your in bob?
Old Sep 14th 2004, 2:45 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone see the Texas Rangers team doing an Eric Cantona on oposing fans? Dunno when this happened, just saw it on Inside Edition tonight. Pretty crazy stuff. Found it hilarious when the report said that "baseball players have been subjected to abuse on a regular basis from the fans" and then showed some evidence...I wonder how they'd react to some of the stuff shouted at your average UK ground...wusses
Old Sep 14th 2004, 3:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I havent got an AOL account, think its going to have to be a free thingy if people want to do it? Think Yahoo has something but it doesnt look great?

That mean your in bob?
I meant the AIM...
and yahoo does it online and thats' free...but ya right, it's a tad naff...
abd I couldl....but I'm well skint mate
Old Sep 14th 2004, 3:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by tony_2003
Anyone see the Texas Rangers team doing an Eric Cantona on oposing fans? Dunno when this happened, just saw it on Inside Edition tonight. Pretty crazy stuff. Found it hilarious when the report said that "baseball players have been subjected to abuse on a regular basis from the fans" and then showed some evidence...I wonder how they'd react to some of the stuff shouted at your average UK ground...wusses
Yeah, that's a cash cow waiting to happen, what a beast, you know the hubbies doing his secretary on the side *l*

And your right, the abuse is far tamer over here
Old Sep 14th 2004, 3:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
I meant the AIM...
and yahoo does it online and thats' free...but ya right, it's a tad naff...
abd I couldl....but I'm well skint mate
was thinking of doing it gratis like?
Old Sep 14th 2004, 4:30 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony_2003
the guy that threw the chair was on the bench FFS.

there's gonna be some money paid out to that lass no mistake.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 4:31 pm
@matthewb76

I saw three
spot the difference
Old Sep 14th 2004, 4:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Manc
Yeah good one manc, I was looking at that in the lounge!
Old Sep 14th 2004, 4:46 pm
@matthewb76

Yeah good one manc, I was looking at that in the lounge!
didn't know you ventured into the lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.