Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

British Football thread

Old May 12th 2004, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Anderton was born in scumhampton, not Pompey.
Old May 12th 2004, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

huns 0-1 jambos.... great result
Old May 12th 2004, 1:29 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
huns 0-1 jambos.... great result
Nice one. The beers are on Tony.

and Aberdeen....err.... Aber.

No it's alright Dave. Let it out, let it out...

Tomorrow's Sun:
*Boozed-up Bugs Bunny star nicked after six-hour cop siege. The voice of Bugs, Daffy Duck and Yogi Bear - Greg Burson - barricaded himself in his house after a domestic.
*Britney and lover Kevin "secretly" pictured snogging and rolling about in a park in Sweden.
*Ally Ross: Prick.
*Andy Goram's wife gives an interview, saying "Ray Parlour's wife deserves every penny - living with a footballer is hell"
*Englebert Humperdinck thanks La Newton for getting his Release Me single re-released.
*Darius from Pop Idol made onlookers cringe when he demanded an upgrade on a flight from London to LA. He apparently uttered the immortal "Don't you know who I am" line - but was sent back to economy.
*Barbara Windsor and Muhammad Ali have "begged" Sky Plus to use them in their 'odd couple adverts - a poll has found that viewers want Ann Widdecombe and Peter Stringfellow to appear.
*Skeletor pictured shopping in LA, with Simon Fuller. Her new single, My Love is For Real was rejected by Danni Minogue, but she is reworking it with Cathy Dennis and the single's sleeve has a dedication to Derek.
*Double-page feature on stars doing the "Den" by putting their finger in their mouths.
*Shane Ritchie admits Leslie Grantham was right - he is self-obsessed.
*Barry and Robin Gibb pictured accepting honorary degrees from Manchester University yesterday.
*Centre-spread is a massive phone poll to find out which celebs the readers want to go into the next IACGMOOH. 60 Z-listers are laid out for your perusal.
*George and Lynne: Lynne plays tennis and gossips about a philandering friend."
Old May 12th 2004, 1:41 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Drinks all round indeed
Surely must spell curtains for Mr. Mcleish? A horrendous season for the huns
Old May 12th 2004, 3:58 pm

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Manc we know you are going straight to hell, but take the test anyway:
http://www.wayofthemaster.com/wotm_flash.html
*Flash website, takes time to load if you are on a modem*

By the way I'll be seeing you there, broke every one according to them.

<- Manc finally gets some warmth)
Old May 13th 2004, 1:19 am
Skyscrapered

Haggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by DaveC

I see Aberdeen have signed Derek Adams and Steven Craig on pre-contract agreements from Motherwell. So Haggischomper, will you miss them or are they a pair of diddies?
Craig is son of Joe Craig, Lisbon Lion, and brother of James Craig, flash-in-the-pan rugby player. He's okay, has a modicum of skill, has a knack for scoring goals against Aberdeen but other than that will cost you a fortune in medical fees. We've barely seen much of him in the past 2 years due to various injuries. A bit-part player with us so if he is signed as your main striker I'd start worrying even more about Pele's managerial capabililties. No great loss to us.

Adams is a good. hard-working midfielder who isn't afraid to get stuck in but lacks a bit of pace. The boo-boys fave at Motherwell (though I was a fan of his). Reckon he became a target for the boo-boys purely because he was bought as a striker with a big rep - he was banging them in for laughs in the 1st Div - and he never delivered as a striker hence we played him in midfield. Again, if Pele has bought him as a striker then yer fecked. HIs dad, BTW, is George Adams - formerly youth supremo of A/deen, Celtic, M/Well and now, sadly, the Huns. Derek is a Dons fan and this will be his 2nd spell up there.
Old May 13th 2004, 2:19 pm

Selected Weekend Fixtures:

(Drum roll please)

"Drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............. ..........

here

I really can't be arsed now. Season's over. Who gives a flying.

Roll on Euro 2004.
Old May 13th 2004, 3:36 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Haggischomper
Craig ... will cost you a fortune in medical fees.
Hmm, I knew he was going to be a replacement for Scott Booth but I didn't realise how perfectly suited he'd be, LOL.

Thanks for the info. So are you looking forward to next season? Most other teams are seriously rebuilding or cost cutting. You guys are out of administration, anything else to be cheery about at Fir Park?
Old May 13th 2004, 3:42 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Webbie
Manc we know you are going straight to hell, but take the test anyway:
http://www.wayofthemaster.com/wotm_flash.html
*Flash website, takes time to load if you are on a modem*

By the way I'll be seeing you there, broke every one according to them.

<- Manc finally gets some warmth)
Christ almighty, I'm doomed. Webbie, did I read it right, were they suggesting that I should hate my family and that Hitler was better than God?
Old May 13th 2004, 3:53 pm

Christ almighty, I'm doomed. Webbie, did I read it right, were they suggesting that I should hate my family and that Hitler was better than God?
Think you misread some of that there Davey (Hell)Boy.
The Hitler bit was taking the lords name in vain or summat like that. (Jebus and god have been used in profanity, but Hitler's wasn't.)
You are pretty much damned if you do and damned if you don't. - If you've even farted in public then you are doomed to eternal damnation according to that website.

Have to forward the site to Gross50, he'll wank himself silly over it.

By the way I'll reserve a seat on the subs bench at Rochdale - aka Hell for you.

"SINNER !"
Old May 13th 2004, 7:56 pm
Skyscrapered

Haggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura about

Hmm, I knew he was going to be a replacement for Scott Booth but I didn't realise how perfectly suited he'd be, LOL.

Thanks for the info. So are you looking forward to next season? Most other teams are seriously rebuilding or cost cutting. You guys are out of administration, anything else to be cheery about at Fir Park?
Cheery? Depends on how many players we get re-signed I suppose. Most fans will be cheery if we manage to get Keith Lasley re-signed. Other than that, we shall see what the future holds but I certainly don't expect us to have as good a season next year as this one was.

The REALLY good thing is that the pitch is getting ripped up - it's a shambles right now and is the reason I didn't make a final visit to Fir Park on Wednesday. Can't play footie on it.
Old May 14th 2004, 1:11 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I would just like to state here and now. I *****ing hate the close season.
I know we've not officially ended the season what with the FA Cup to go, but couldn't give a monkeys about that.

Euro 2004 is a month away, and anyhow I have serious reservations about England making it past the group stages.

did anyone see the latest FIFA rankings?

USA 8th
England 12th
wtf?

Roll on August.
Old May 14th 2004, 4:57 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by manc1976
I would just like to state here and now. I *****ing hate the close season.
I know we've not officially ended the season what with the FA Cup to go, but couldn't give a monkeys about that.

Euro 2004 is a month away, and anyhow I have serious reservations about England making it past the group stages.

did anyone see the latest FIFA rankings?

USA 8th
England 12th
wtf?

Roll on August.
ive always thought those fifa rankings were crap, dosent it weight stuff on last world cup performance and recent wins and stuff?
Old May 14th 2004, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

They had the mighty Iraq being higher than the Jocks last year too. Bizarre !
Old May 14th 2004, 5:38 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Polaris_x
Go England! I hope the U.S. sucks at soccer forever!
I told the wife I'd apply for citizenship when the US has a better team than England.

yesterday she told me she was going out to get me a new suit and a small flag to wave at the swearing in ceremony.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.