Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

Wikiposts

British Football thread

Old May 25th 2004, 12:38 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DaveC
Is it National Manager Sacking Day or something? I've been busy hanging out with a mate from the UK who came over for a long weekend. First thing I discover upon logging on t'internet is that Aberdeen have sacked their manager.

At least someone got hired, I see Hibs have signed Tony Mowbray to be their new boss!
...And next in the queue - Ranieri is meeting with the Russian to discuss his future. Think he may just jump before he gets pushed because he must be getting sick of the speculation.

The Dunfermline manager is in line for Aberdeen according to the Beeb (by the way - cold enough over there for ya Dave ?)
Old May 25th 2004, 4:05 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Webbie
The Dunfermline manager is in line for Aberdeen according to the Beeb (by the way - cold enough over there for ya Dave ?)
Rumours are that the Dunfermline manager likes a drink as much as the ex Dons boss. You'd need to be pished to even consider taking that job.

I'm still in Texas Webbie, we don't leave for the UK 'til tomorrow. The weather forecast is for rain the whole time we're over but I'm more concerned about how our 5 month old daughter will handle the flights across the pond.

Anyone want me to bring anything back with me from the UK?
Old May 25th 2004, 4:41 am

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DaveC

Anyone want me to bring anything back with me from the UK?
All depends on how long are you over there for ?
Old May 25th 2004, 7:47 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Cheers for that, seems it is a 14.95 euros one off payment.
Thats ok, does anyone know if Radio 5 coverage will be webcast?
Old May 25th 2004, 1:34 pm

Tomorrow's Sun:
*Derek whines about his coverage, saying he is a 'nice man.'
"I've made it clear that with two papers the way I and my family have been treated is an absolute disgrace because at the end of the day.., I'm a nice person and loving husband and father. "
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/3746847.stm
*A landlord whose hotel features in TV show Balamory has annoyed BBC bosses by saying to children that he 'murdered' their favourite character Josie Jump. The show has moved out of his hotel for another location.
*Owen and Rooney pictured go-karting in Sardinian training camp.
*Cops to use new speed gun that can capture motorists up to a mile away.
*Jane Moore: Twunt
*A double page spread of who's going to quit Hell's Kitchen first - Amanda Barrie and Dwain Chambers are favourites.
*Coldplay pictured taking a stroll in London, with Chris Martin holding Apple, while Jonny Buckland wheels the buggy.
*La Newton devotes her two pages to Madge's comeback, saying "Move over Britney and Beyoncé, there's only one queen of pop and she's back to claim her crown"
*A Sun reporter tries out the cheesiest chat up lines to women in the street. (Says that he got his material from Matt )
*BB plans to ration the booze until housemates get flirty or dirty, then they will hand out the key to the liquor cabinet.
*Justin Hawkins made a faux pas when he told a competition winner to **** off, thinking she was a music critic. He was told the girl was 'from the NME' when she walked backstage and said 'fück off, I don't want you in here' before he was informed she'd won VIP tickets to his LA gig.
*Snoop Dogg has filed for divorce.
*SATC movie has been axed after Kim Cattrall pulled out.
*Two dogs have been killed in a park in Nottinghamshire by an angry swan.
*Bizarre pullout: Lee Ryan special, stars when they were younger, Halle Berry talks about her love life, and Franz Ferdinand interview - where Paul Thomson reveals he sold his 'bum fat' to science clinics when he was poor.
*George and Lynne: Lynne is naked in the shower with a female pal, talking about shopping.
*Footy: Chelsea will unveil Mourinho as new boss tomorrow, says the Sun
Old May 25th 2004, 3:37 pm
Account Closed

Originally posted by Webbie

*A Sun reporter tries out the cheesiest chat up lines to women in the street. (Says that he got his material from Matt )
Just checked that article, out of interest like, cant say ive ever used any of them...I find, Hi Im from England....works well here.

Poor old derek, I think he is going to be ripped apart by the NotW now.
Old May 27th 2004, 2:18 pm

Tomorrow's Sun:
*BB5 contestants - a sheep rearer, a property tycoon, a page 3 wannabe, a gay guy who only fancies straight men, a former Samaritan, a psychologist, a 'brainbox' and a contestant who has vowed to cheat
*Loads of guff about Abu Hamza
*Brad and Jen want to move to Britain to raise their kids
*Spit The Dog is being auctioned at Christie's and is expected to raise £1,500 for Bob Carolgees
*Littlejohn: Twat
*Derek unveils a new tattoo on his upper right arm, an angel, with the words "In the face of adversity" above it
*Elton John threw a tantrum when his private jet's pilot made a mistake and landed in mainland Italy, when he was meant to be going to Palermo, Sicily
*FD pictured teasing a snapper while he played golf in LA - spitting and baring his teeth like a dog
*Pete Doherty has left the Libertines - La Newton can exclusively reveal.He says he will flee to Paris with his girlfriend. "She's the only one who can help me give up the crack pipe". He says Carl 'gave up on him years ago' and they only ever speak when they are on stage. He later waters down his quit claim - saying he is out of the band 'for now'
*J-Lo and new fella are to make a movie together
*Pix of SEB and her sprog
*Suggs given night-time slot on Virgin Radio
*Gallagher brothers angry at spoof ad on The Amp, which caricatures them as pron stars
*George Michael tells Oprah that he thinks the cop who was in the notorious toilet fancied him.
*Bee Gee Robin Gibb is the spitting image of Mr Burns, says the Sun
*Dwain Chambers won't get a penny of his £30k fee after quitting Hell's Kitchen. He had to stay until at least Saturday to qualify.
*Hugh Grant turned down the part of Dr Who
*Centre-spread - where are all the former BB contestants now?
*George and Lynne: Topless Lynne tells George of a criminal ex-friend
*Footy: Arsenal want to sign a Brazilian player called Kaka.

Come on chaps, keep it up. Found the thread on page 2.

Have to take another leave of absence.
Will be flying back to Blightly next week, but it is a trip that I didn't want to make....
Old May 27th 2004, 3:06 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gazza to join Rhyl!

This just in:

Rhyl, who have qualified for the Champion's League by virtue of becoming Welsh Champions are trying to lure Paul Gascoigne away from meat pies and Italian sun

Gazza who has never played in the champions league is quoted to be "keen"

Story Here

I spent a lot of time in Rhyl in my youth and saw a few footie games there. Gazza, who is still only 34, would be a massive coup for the club.

Last edited by ScousePete; May 28th 2004 at 5:40 am.
Old May 30th 2004, 3:04 pm

Newton Heath have made a new signing:

Sorry to sound like a broken record..

Come on lads, keep this thread up.
Don't let it drop from the front page.

I'm off to Blighty for 7 days.
I'll try to pop in when I'm over there, but if I dont' then I'll "see" everyone on the 7th.

Old Jun 1st 2004, 8:29 am
Account Closed

Saved from the 2nd page again
Old Jun 1st 2004, 8:36 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

are we gonna keep this one going for next year or have the British Football thread part II ?
Old Jun 1st 2004, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Why not !

Just to say well done to Bertie & the clan for a fine 4-1 romp over T & T last weekend at home. Given the maulings they have suffered recently, a win is a win no matter who you beat.
Old Jun 1st 2004, 1:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Why not !
I dont think this will be too hard to keep going, EURO 2004 will ramp up over the next week, as welll as englands pathetic warm up friendlies leading in.

That should take it through to July....

Or use the Euro 2004 thread thats going on? but the random additions to this thread might not be as welcome as they are here?
Old Jun 1st 2004, 2:59 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think we should open another thread.
Would be a nice idea to call it something other than football thread though...I think we should offer suggestions:

My suggestion: Saint and Greavsie
Reasons - related to Football
Saint is a Scot & Greavsie is English, a good representation of the regs on this thread.
Both have dubious opinions when it comes to the beautiful game, not unlike us on here
Greavsie likes a bevvie...so do we.
webbie is stuck in an 80's timewarp...so am I.

Hell we could even create a banner on the first post.
You know it makes sense :lecture:

Old Jun 1st 2004, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Ah the saint, a man who promised to take Pompey out of the 3rd division when he became manager. They ended up in the 4th. I guess he kept his word ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.