Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

Wikiposts

British Football thread

Old Jul 17th 2004, 3:02 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Top stuff Scrumps.

Wilmington I think is on the coast nearer to Patrick than to me.

The games will kick off in the evening, but it will still be ******* hot and now I see why the British football season is played when it is. You can't run around for 90 mins with this heat and humidity.

Can't understand why the MLS season is all summer when as mentioned - too hot.

Did I mention it is hot ?
Old Jul 17th 2004, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

100 % humidity last night at Richmond. No beer either...the bastards !

Is it wrong to take delight in the folowing ?

Your top scorer last season, and player of the year moans, bitches and generally slags your team off in the local press. In his 2nd game for his new team he scores a penalty then is stretched off...Am I wrong to laugh ?
Old Jul 17th 2004, 3:18 am

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
100 % humidity last night at Richmond. No beer either...the bastards !

Is it wrong to take delight in the folowing ?

Your top scorer last season, and player of the year moans, bitches and generally slags your team off in the local press. In his 2nd game for his new team he scores a penalty then is stretched off...Am I wrong to laugh ?
Who was that then ?

H & W ex-striker ?
Old Jul 17th 2004, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Chukki Eribenne. Was doing nothing when we gave him a chance, now he has gone to Weymouth after generally making himself unpopular at our place. Refusing to turn up for games etc.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 3:26 am

That reminds me - Titi Camara.

(Ex Liverpool I think) Playing for Wolves.
They got relegated but nobody came in for him.

Yes he is that sh it.

Threw his toys out and walked out of the place, hasn't come back for pre-season training.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...rs/3889891.stm

Has been threatened with all sorts of bans but it still sulking in Paris last time I heard.
I think the English F.A or FIFA or someone said that Wolves could sack him but they are not going to give him the satifaction.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 5:23 am
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone intrested in watching this afternoons Hearts v Millwall game the official Hearts site is streaming the game live. Site says full details to follow...guess I'll have to keep checking every 2 mins. It will probably cost from about 5-10 bux. Limited amount of users though, which is good cos it makes for a smooth stream, I'm just hoping I can get a spot.

www.heartsfc.co.uk

EDIT: Never mind, it's an on demand stream, not live.

Last edited by jambo_2004; Jul 17th 2004 at 5:25 am.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 3:05 pm

******* scummy Sun.

Great story but off all the newspapers (and I use this term loosely with the Sun) out there you would think they would call it by it's proper name and not:

Soccer revives coma lad
SCHOOLBOY Danny Bishop’s love of soccer almost cost him his life — but now it is helping him rebuild it.
The footie-mad ten-year-old was in collision with a car moments after cheering on England.

He was left in a coma but came round after his family talked to him about soccer for TEN DAYS.

The first words he could write were “Liverpool Are Great�. Now he discusses footie all the time to stimulate his brain.

Danny’s nightmare began last month when England played Portugal in Euro 2004.

He went with mum Christine, 52, and sister Hannah, 14, to watch the game on telly in a pub near their home in Cannock, Staffs.

It was packed and they stood in a doorway. A roar went up when Sol Campbell put the ball in the net.

Danny is thought to have wheeled away in celebration — not realising the “goal� was disallowed.

Seconds later he was lying injured outside. Christine said: “No one knows exactly what happened.�

Police quizzed a driver and are investigating.

When Danny came out of the coma in Birmingham Children’s Hospital, his dad Reg, 48, told him England had lost.

Danny is still paralysed down his right side. But he has not lost his love of the game — and has even kicked a ball from his chair.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004330556,00.html

Couple of friendly results:

Ocksford 1 - Chelski 1
Barnet 1 - Up the Arse 10
Malaysia 0 - Norwich 1
Old Jul 18th 2004, 8:49 am
"Where are the shovels?"

And a couple more:-

Hearts 1 - 1 Millwall
Fulham 0 - 2 Celtic
Kit Chee 1 - 1 Newcastle United
Elgin City 0 - 3 Aberdeen
Hyde 2 - 3 Manchester City
Old Jul 18th 2004, 9:09 am
"Where are the shovels?"

By the way webbie, are you resetting the points to zero on the prediction league each week mate?
Old Jul 18th 2004, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Select Carolina All Stars 2-1 Sunderland Thursday, July 15, 2004

One for the Toon army to gloat over then.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 2:22 am

Originally posted by jambo_2004
By the way webbie, are you resetting the points to zero on the prediction league each week mate?
I will be now this two week practice run is over, but not when the season starts.

Talking of which - latest standings after Saturday's results:

Nelkna - a lurker on here and hopefully he'll sign up and join in the thread (Come on Ali !) has taken the lead with 7 points.
[P10 W1 D4 L5]
DucatiAndy - in 2nd place with 6 points.

And still after Webbie crap prediction crown is ScousePete who doubled his points from last week - he has 1.
[P10 W0 D1 L9]

But as mentioned I'll be reseting all the scores to zero and we'll all start on level ground on August 7th.
(Another person has joined the league - coyleos - we now have 15 players.)
Old Jul 19th 2004, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

I wish to complain that due to match fixing by various US teams I have managed to amass as many as 5 points. Can FIFA investigate how I came to be so 'accurate' please ?

Went to watch local team NOVA Royals last night. Are all the refs in the US total shite or just the 2 I have seen ?
Old Jul 19th 2004, 2:37 am
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

Eh!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3906675.stm

Bet they cant wait for T.N.S. v Caersws in the San Siro
Old Jul 19th 2004, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Deco, is he not the diving champion of Euro 2004. I remember Alan Green saying how he had nothing against the lad, he was just a cheat.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 4:04 am
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Webbie
And still after Webbie crap prediction crown is ScousePete who doubled his points from last week - he has 1.
[P10 W0 D1 L9]
Woohoo! Hours of research really did pay off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.