Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

Wikiposts

British Football thread

Old Jul 28th 2004, 6:07 am
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dave. no idea when the web thing will surface properly. They promised the friendly game against Millwall and that still hasnt happened. I'll keep you posted.

Webbie you need to add twats whenever The Darkness appear on your sun headlines. Not sure what it is, they just anoy the f**K out of me...oh wait it's the hype and the fact the UK music press thinks they are original.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 6:29 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jambo_2004

Webbie you need to add twats whenever The Darkness appear on your sun headlines. Not sure what it is, they just anoy the f**K out of me...oh wait it's the hype and the fact the UK music press thinks they are original.
Original as the 80's!
Old Jul 28th 2004, 6:48 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mattbutt
Original as the 80's!
Hey you leave my decade out of this.

*brushes back mullet*

------------
Changing subjects completely:

Scotia residents - do you have a casual kilt for when you are dining out at Fud Ruckers ?
The SavannahKilt Leine is a lined, deep-pleated "dress casual" kilt. It provides extra "swish" when walking. With the comfort of cotton, it bridges the divide between casual and formal attire. Made from more material in the same soft, cotton-blend fabric as our SavannahKilt Standard, they come in Black, Night Camo, or Khaki. Matching pockets are optional.

Now come on... even you think that's gay.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 7:07 am
"Where are the shovels?"

It's an American website webbie, I seriously doubt anyone in Caledonia would wear something that hideous. Speaking of kilts. My brother wore one to his mates wedding and sent me a photo, in which I duly ripped the proverbial pish out of him for. We have an Italian surname and thus have no familly tartan. To deal with this many Scottish football teams have created a "team tartan" and so he wore the Hearts one. I explained that only highlanders wore kilts and that he was a lowlander. Now i'm no expert on this, but why do most Scots think this dress sense was in place in the entire country way back in the day? The fact that even lowland scots with Scottish names have to have a tartan made should hint at this? Too much information I know.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 8:08 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Webbie
Hey you leave my decade out of this.

*brushes back mullet*

------------
Changing subjects completely:

Scotia residents - do you have a casual kilt for when you are dining out at Fud Ruckers ?

Thats the scottish army urban camo kilt, standard issue in kosovo.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 8:16 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Fox ache. I went to a Scottish festival recently and most of the natives were wearing a cross between a kilt and cargo pants - complete with side pockets. You don't have pockets on a kilt, that's what the sporran is for you American tossbags. Mind you they looked more comfortable to wear in the heat than my heavy wool effort.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 8:23 am

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mattbutt
Thats the scottish army urban camo kilt, standard issue in kosovo.
Actually going back to the 80's thing - one of the bands I do a website for <shameless self plug> - Kajagoogoo - their lead singer and bass player always wears a black kilt on stage.
(I've got a pic of him somewhere.... ah !
Here's one at the reunion with him on the left, you can just about see it ->

With the climate like it is down here I'm seriously thinking of ordering one now ! Because according to the bumf: "It provides extra "swish" when walking... and the comfort of cotton."
I could do with some of that .

Webbie.
(with an extra "swish")

Last edited by Webbie; Jul 28th 2004 at 8:25 am.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 8:27 am
"Ted You Big Bollocks"

justboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually going back to the 80's thing - one of the bands I do a website for <shameless self plug> - Kajagoogoo - their lead singer and bass player always wears a black kilt on stage.
(I've got a pic of him somewhere.... ah !
Here's one at the reunion with him on the left, you can just about see it ->

With the climate like it is down here I'm seriously thinking of ordering one now ! Because according to the bumf: "It provides extra "swish" when walking... and the comfort of cotton."
I could do with some of that .

Webbie.
(with an extra "swish")

Did they not appear on the VH1 Bands Reunited show?
Old Jul 28th 2004, 8:42 am

Originally posted by justboy
Did they not appear on the VH1 Bands Reunited show?
Yeah that's the reunion I was referring to. That pic was from the first series. (Second season starting in Sept - featuring Haircut 100, New Kids On The Block, The Beat, another one I can't remember and ABC (Nick from Kaja involved in that one too).
Old Jul 28th 2004, 8:43 am
"Ted You Big Bollocks"

Yeah that's the reunion I was referring to. That pic was from the first series. (Second season starting in Sept - featuring Haircut 100, New Kids On The Block, The Beat, another one I can't remember and ABC (Nick from Kaja involved in that one too).

Do you do the official site? My wife loves them...she is into all the eighties stuff!!
Old Jul 28th 2004, 8:52 am
"Where are the shovels?"

I still live in the 80's (although not in the dress sense thankfully)
I can only remember one kajagoogoo track though. I was more of a Thompson Twins fan in those day's...oh fu** what am I admiting to here!
Old Jul 28th 2004, 8:54 am

Originally posted by justboy
Do you do the official site? My wife loves them...she is into all the eighties stuff!!
Started the official one, then handed it over but I'm a consultant to the site. (Got enough work to do as it is !) Still maintain the .co.uk site though.
Click on the webblog below to see the full list.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 8:55 am
"Ted You Big Bollocks"

Originally posted by jambo_2004
I still live in the 80's (although not in the dress sense thankfully)
I can only remember one kajagoogoo track though. I was more of a Thompson Twins fan in those day's...oh fu** what am I admiting to here!

I think i only know one of their songs too.....but i was only born in 1980 so i was still a 'young nipper' back then!
Old Jul 28th 2004, 2:10 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow's scummy Sun:
*Sven has betrayed my sister, says the brother (his story for sale - alledgedly) of the woman (her story for sale - alledgedly ) he has allegedly shagged and then dumped.
*Shane Ritchie has been offered a £230k a year deal to stay at EastEnders.
*The actress claiming to be carrying quads for Jacko, now claims she has lost two of the unborn babies.
*The bitter reality of Rooney and Coleen, according to the Sun - She's still furious, the pair are barely on speaking terms, showing the ring was a PR stunt
*Britney has bought a £2.5m lovenest in Malibu and is to marry in the back garden.
*Charlotte Church has wound up her mum, by pretending to get engaged. In a jewellers, buying a present for their friend Noel Hear'Say, with her fella, she told snappers "We're engaged".
*Victor BB was furious when a kid nicked his trademark hat. He was go-karting with a TV crew in Letchworth when a kid nicked the hat. He gave chase and the kid threw the hat over his shoulder.
*BB fans are turning on bunny boiler Michelle. She is hot favourite to be evicted.
*Peter Andre fuelled engagement rumours by whipping out..... a £5,000 diamond ring when having dinner (at McDonalds by any chance ?) with Jordan .
*Brad and Jen have bought the movie rights to The Time Traveller's Wife and plan to produce and appear in it.
*Natasha Bedingfield signs £1.5m deal with Jive in the US.
*Abi Titmuss pictured in Primrose Hill, appearing in Matt Goss' new video.
*Natasha Kaplinsky is being groomed....as the new face of BBC - She is being lined up to front a raft of new shows.
*Battlestar Galactica to be remade for TV - on Sky One (already been remade and shown on the Sci-Fi channel over here)
*Bill Oddie has discovered he had a secret sister, who died only five days after her birth.
*Batman Begins - a "new imagination" of the Batman franchise - starring Sir Michael Caine, Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman and Gary Oldman - but who's playing the butler ?
http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/
*Centre spread - a woman paid for Britain's biggest boobs - she went from 34C to 32L.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,5-2004332112,00.html
*George and Lynne: Lynne gossips in the swimming pool (about the above womans huge tits)

No news items about THE DARKNESS today.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 4:07 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

*Centre spread - a woman paid for Britain's biggest boobs - she went from 34C to 32L.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,5-2004332112,00.html
Webbie, you zany japester! You're just trying to catch the perverts among us out. That link goes to the Sun's 2 for 1 Fish and Chips offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.