Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

Wikiposts

British Football thread

Old Mar 30th 2004, 2:52 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jambo_2004
Well I beleive you have previously mentioned you took trips to Glasgow...that's good enough these day's you know, get them predators ready as well laddie
Grandparents were from Scotland, so I could pull on the shirt. But I was born and brought up in England so it would be the new red thing with the Denmark crosses on the shoulder.

I remember... turning slightly into Ron Manager here... the glory days of the Scotland fitba team when they have Dalgish, Souness and the like playing for them - and when they were better than the English team at the time. I was a wee bairn and visited my Grandparents in the castle in Scotland (a bungalow in Dundee) and watching some Scotia matches with me Dad and Grandad.
Happy days eh ?

Then Kenny went and had 1 son, who couldn't hit a barn door at a 100 yards (but not as bad as Sir Alex's offspring) and a daughter who err...

sorry what was I saying....?
Old Mar 30th 2004, 2:58 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Bernard Gallachers daughter an 'all

Darren Ferguson .................................................. .................................................. ............................. I saw that nob play.
Berti Vogts WILL pick Tony before Darren.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 1:26 am

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Saha blasts Van Nistelrooy
"Saha says Arsenal's Thierry Henry - who will go up against United in Saturday's Cup tie - is a more complete player.

"Ruud lacks big-match experience - Thierry has played in major finals and he knows how to approach these games."

Saha, who will play with Henry for France against Van Nistelrooy's Holland on Wednesday, added: "Ruud doesn't take much part in collective play."

Hmm....nice.

A report in the Sun (Scum) "newspaper":
Wayne Rooney's dad has challenged the soccer star's future father-in-law to a "straightener" - a boxing match. The pair will fight at Everton Park Sports Centre to settle their differences.

Have at you sir ! Marquis of Queensbury rules and all that.

-----------

Reminder of today's fixtures and kick off times:
(Hope everyone remembered to put their UK clock forward 1 hour - Blighty is currently 6 hours ahead of us on the East Coast USA)
http://www.airbornedivision.com/airborne/timehelp.html

Scotland v Romania - 20:00 (BST)
Rep Of Ireland v Czech Republic - 19:30
Hungary v Wales - 19:15
Estonia v Northern Ireland - 15:00
Sweden v England - 19:45

I think the Beeb is broadcasting the Scotia and Angles matches online, but they are not clear about it. Best to check in 5 hours time.

Also spotted a World Cup qualifying match which looks like a good one:
FIFA World Cup Asian Qualifying Group Two
Palestine v Iraq - 19:45
Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:16 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Webbie

A report in the Sun (Scum) "newspaper":
Wayne Rooney's dad has challenged the soccer star's future father-in-law to a "straightener" - a boxing match. The pair will fight at Everton Park Sports Centre to settle their differences.
trailer trash..................

Palestine v Iraq
jesus..........
Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:47 am

Originally posted by manc1976

Palestine v Iraq
jesus..........
I'm not up on all the politics/religion over there - Was Saddam chucking his Scuds at the Israelies or Palestinians ?

Good to see the Iraq back into the international footie arena.
They don't have to worry about their feet being tortured when they lose a game. (How stupid was that - you punish a footballer by smacking his feet ?!)

Incedently the Iraqi national team are doing a bit of a world tour and will be playing matches in Australia and England this coming summer. Nice one.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:51 am
@matthewb76

I'm not up on all the politics/religion over there - Was Saddam chucking his Scuds at the Israelies or Palestinians ?
That would be the Israeli's mate.

Any more political bollocks and the thread will go outside...........
Old Mar 31st 2004, 4:01 am
@matthewb76

trailer trash..................

Palestine v Iraq
jesus..........
Well Iraq took the lead in the 21st minute through Fahran. But in the 72nd Palestine got a much deserved equaliser apparently from Besche.
The game was played in Doha Qatar.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 4:09 am
@matthewb76

Also,

Bizarrely, South Korea were held to a scoreless draw by the Maldives
in a World Cup Qualifier today. The Maldives are ranked 142nd in the
world and lost 17-0 to Iran in a qualifier in 1997.

They only have two grass pitches in the entire country. So maybe
today, for home advantage, they sneakily played atop an atoll.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 4:23 am

That would be the Israeli's mate.

Imagine if Saddam was still running the shop, what would the result be ? It would be a bit like the Eurovision song contest with Cyprus and Greece - The Iraqi players would have been told to let a couple in.

Think you could 'ave me do yer laa ?
You and me - Everton sports centre - now !
Old Mar 31st 2004, 4:25 am
@matthewb76

Think you could 'ave me do yer laa ?
You and me - Everton sports centre - now !
When at Uni in Liverpool, used to live right next to that shytehole. in Candia Towers. It was like a gated community, to keep the students getting robbed blind by the local yokels I imagine.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 4:38 am
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

When at Uni in Liverpool, used to live right next to that shytehole. in Candia Towers. It was like a gated community, to keep the students getting robbed blind by the local yokels I imagine.
Jesus that takes me back Crete & Candia towers, were you at Byrom St site ?
Old Mar 31st 2004, 4:48 am
@matthewb76

Originally posted by Tone
Jesus that takes me back Crete & Candia towers, were you at Byrom St site ?
Nope Clarence street, faculty of Building.

Glad someone else remembers those two monstrosities though.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 4:52 am
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

Up by the Hope Street SU bar
Old Mar 31st 2004, 4:53 am
@matthewb76

oh yes........
Old Mar 31st 2004, 4:57 am
@matthewb76

oh yes........
So during my time at Liverpool I decided to go to Anfield and Goodison Park.
Webbie will remember this, but City played Liverpool twice in about 4 days. They lost 4-0 in the league cup on a Wednesday then got shafted 6-0 on the Saturday in the league. Alan Ball was the manager, whom said afterwards, he sat back and enjoyed it.........
I was with the City contingent, as our kids boyfriend at the time was a blue.
Was funny as *****. The two lads behind me started cheering for Liverpool, and someone asked why are you wanting Liverpool to score more goals, and the bloke replied "I've never seen a 7-0 thrashing"

I also remember Stockport being drawn to Everton in the FA Cup third round at Goodison that year. we drew 2-2 and I got absolutely hammered afterwards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.