Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

British Football thread

Old Mar 31st 2004, 5:04 am
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

Did you ever frequent the Cazablanca club around there, never worked out where it was, was always pished when we decided it was a good idea to go there
Old Mar 31st 2004, 5:09 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Nation (Cream for want of a better word) a couple of times.

Ever go to the Blue Angel?
2 knocked through terraced houses and they called it a nightclub, ****ing fire trap more like. I was a staple in there most Tuesday nights.

Went back to Manchester most weekends, or got the train to wherever Stockport were playing, so I didn't hang around much on a weekend.

Also the Picton 10 in Wavertree was another usual frequent accurence plus the Finch and Firkin on Smithdown Road.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 5:13 am
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

Cream wasn't open when I was there
Old Mar 31st 2004, 5:15 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Tone
You didn't miss much, I was more into Indie music, still don't care for trance with E heads having trips all over the place.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 5:16 am
@matthewb76

You didn't miss much, I was more into Indie music, still don't care for trance with E heads having trips all over the place.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 5:47 am
Blindside Fumbler

Hungary 1 Wales 1
Old Mar 31st 2004, 5:57 am
@matthewb76

So Tone, you can't post on here unless you tell us who your alligences.............

where you from and who do you support?
Old Mar 31st 2004, 6:09 am
Blindside Fumbler

Essex & Tranmere
Old Mar 31st 2004, 6:09 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
So during my time at Liverpool I decided to go to Anfield and Goodison Park.
Webbie will remember this, but City played Liverpool twice in about 4 days. They lost 4-0 in the league cup on a Wednesday then got shafted 6-0 on the Saturday in the league. Alan Ball was the manager, whom said afterwards, he sat back and enjoyed it.........
I was with the City contingent, as our kids boyfriend at the time was a blue.
Was funny as *****. The two lads behind me started cheering for Liverpool, and someone asked why are you wanting Liverpool to score more goals, and the bloke replied "I've never seen a 7-0 thrashing"

I also remember Stockport being drawn to Everton in the FA Cup third round at Goodison that year. we drew 2-2 and I got absolutely hammered afterwards.
Do you know...I think I was at that game.
Yes a few of us did start chanting that we want 7.

Been there and done that will all the Lidipool pubs mentioned.
Spent most of my time down Mathew Street.

- Live commentary of the Swede's v the Angles online.
So is the one between the Hungary's v the Leeks.
No link to online commentary on the Five Live page for the Scotia match, maybe there is on Beeb Radio Scotland.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 6:11 am
@matthewb76

Essex & Tranmere
you got a great right back in Sean Connolly.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 6:13 am
Blindside Fumbler

Ex Stockport man...
Old Mar 31st 2004, 6:14 am
@matthewb76

Ex Stockport man...
top lad he is.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 6:18 am
@matthewb76

Are you worried about the future?
Let's face it, we're not getting any younger and we all have to
think about our lavish lifestyles, after our careers are over.

- Are you over 33?
- Are you well past your best?
- Are you looking for an easy life?

Then You Are Eligible For the Spurs Life Plan!! We pay you £30,000
a week, there's a pointless medical, and no sales person will call (well
you might get a shot in the private plane). CALL NOW! There's a FREE
house, luxury car and limitless golf at some of England's finest courses. Don't take our word for it, read these recommendations by some of our
satisfied clients:

"When I'm no longer playing, I know my family will be financially
secure" Gus, London

"I recommend the Spurs Life Plan to all my family" Christian, London

"The Spurs plan supplemented my pension, just when I thought it was
too late" Dean R London.

"The generosity of the Spurs plan is unmatched in the world of
pension finance. It was the best move we ever made" Jamie and Louise,
Essex

"Even when everyone said I was too old, Spurs were prepared to
supplement my pension with an outrageous offer" Mauricio, Buenos Aires.

"Despite being permanently injured, I was still eligible for the
Life Plan-year after year" Darren, Watford.

"Tottingham is for me! I'm doing it" Ossie, Swindon.

So don't sit there worrying about the future-RELAX-That phone will
ring!! Spurs life plan is regulated by D Levy and his pals at the bank,
and is funded by the 30,000 who have invested in the "THFC Season Ticket" pyramid scam over the last 10 years.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 6:21 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
you got a great right back in Sean Connolly.
His film career gone down the pan then ?

Sorry couldn't resist.

Both England and Sweden are wearing their new shirts - that away red/denmark cross on the shoulder and I think Sweden's is similar - both designed by Umbro I think.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 6:23 am
@matthewb76

Originally posted by Webbie
I think Sweden's is similar - both designed by Umbro I think.
So ahem, if we have a flag of Denmark on our shirts, surely this will just be added motivation for the Swedes to gives us a bit of a whuppin'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.