Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

Wikiposts

British Football thread

Old Jun 16th 2004, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Ranieiri deserves a lot of good luck after the way he was shabbily treated at Chelsea last year.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 5:57 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Webbie
Tomorrow it is Greece v Spain (1- 0 to Greece) and Russia v Portugal (1 - 3 to Portugal.) Rubbing the lucky cats foot for both of them.
*Phew*
My 100% failure record stays intact.
SPAIN 1 - GREECE 1
Both teams now have a win and a draw. Not sure which one I'd like to face England now. Greece are proving to be a difficult team to beat.
Portugal HAVE to win their match against Russia to be in with a chance of staying in the compo that they are hosting.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 6:09 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Scholes is fit so I suppose that ends one debate.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...nd/3787999.stm
Old Jun 16th 2004, 6:11 am
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mattbutt
Lothian Lad,

I would make an observation about Scottish fans in Euro 2004, but oh, where are they? All sat at home eating haggis...so shut it.
Oh be quiet you're as big a twat as him with that *****ing statement and your gazza goal.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 6:18 am
"Where are the shovels?"

Well the online webcasts are not working out too well for me..spent literally hours trying to stop it from buffering/timing out disconnecting, there must be about 5 million people clogging those servers. You get nowt for nowt I suppose. Tried every pub to see if they would show any of the games and even ventured into the dark foreboding International Students Union yesterday to see if someone could help me out. Bit of a joke this.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 6:59 am

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by RoB1833
Scholes is fit so I suppose that ends one debate.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...nd/3787999.stm
...and John Terry is fit and will play, which must be a bit of a dissapointment to Ledley King who hasn't put a foot wrong. But he has to think of the team...
Still disagree with Scholes being selected, but I hope Sven gives a couple on the bench a run out and run at the Swiss.
The midfield (in my mind) didn't really perform as well as they could.
The strikers as well. Both Owen and Rooney need to put one in the back of the net and that'll whet their appetite for more.

I'm sounding more like a BBC pundit every day.

A bit of a worry with Rooney actually. A couple of commentators on the Beeb have used the phrase "the new Gazza" which I don't know is a good thing or a bad thing.

- Portugal one-up after 10 minutes. Itching to give those Russkie's an ass wuppin'
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:07 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

"the new Gazza" which I don't know is a good thing or a bad thing.
It's a great thing if you are the landlord at his Local.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:33 am

Russian keeper handled outside the area and he's off !

Subs being made - sub keeper on.

Free kick to Portugal....

Just past the post.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:08 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

FYI

Swiss voodoo.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/funn...me/3811987.stm
Old Jun 16th 2004, 9:41 am
"Where are the shovels?"

England will win fairly comfortably against the swiss...mind you with James in goal
Any of those teams would be a headache for them in the quarters though, Portugal looking as if they hit form too.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

blair is whinging about English fans causing trouble in Portugal...Given he has backed an invasion using lies and coercion he is taking the piss somewhat.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 11:36 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jambo_2004
Oh be quiet you're as big a twat as him with that *****ing statement and your gazza goal.
Oi!

I'll keep my Gazza goal and my statement, Im getting a little fed up with all the English football team/fan bashing going on on this forum from the Welsh and the Scots. So i will come out with statements like that...

Its not often I get worked up about stuff, I see you have come out with the 'odd' rash statement every now and then.

Dont have double standards.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 11:39 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Russian keeper handled outside the area and he's off !

Subs being made - sub keeper on.

Free kick to Portugal....

Just past the post.
Keep up the good work on the predictions webbie! Have you decided your England prediciton yet?
Old Jun 16th 2004, 12:42 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Oi!

I'll keep my Gazza goal and my statement, Im getting a little fed up with all the English football team/fan bashing going on on this forum from the Welsh and the Scots. So i will come out with statements like that...

Its not often I get worked up about stuff, I see you have come out with the 'odd' rash statement every now and then.

which Gazza goal? the one which he flipped it over Hendry's noggin, then went on to the Dentist chair celebration?

remember the day well. It's the day the IRA bombed Manchester.

what about the penalty kick McAllister missed, when the ball just started moving all by it's todd like?
Old Jun 16th 2004, 1:00 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

Oi!

I may come out with the odd rash statement but it's never personal. I agree lothianlad is a tosser, I even took the time to post a few paragraphs to point out why his condemnation of English fans was wrong. He may be a ****, but don't lump me and Dave in with him. I've met many a twat on here who happened to be English; I’ve never proclaimed that all English are twats because of them though. I must have missed the harrasment of English fans on this thread, I remember WBB coming in a couple of times I've seen a lot of club football ripping, I should know i've been on the end of a lot of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.