Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

British Football thread

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jambo_2004
I think we should open another thread.
Would be a nice idea to call it something other than football thread though...I think we should offer suggestions:

My suggestion: Saint and Greavsie
Reasons - related to Football
Saint is a Scot & Greavsie is English, a good representation of the regs on this thread.
Both have dubious opinions when it comes to the beautiful game, not unlike us on here
Greavsie likes a bevvie...so do we.
webbie is stuck in an 80's timewarp...so am I.

Hell we could even create a banner on the first post.
You know it makes sense :lecture:

Hey, you guys over in America...think you should know that here in England right now there are English (cross of St George) flags flying all over the place...outside people's houses, in windows, in shops and fluttering from cars, lorries etc. I don't think it's anything to do with national pride....more to do with something called Euro 2004.

Cheers

Old Jun 2nd 2004, 2:41 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Lothianlad
Hey, you guys over in America...think you should know that here in England right now there are English (cross of St George) flags flying all over the place...outside people's houses, in windows, in shops and fluttering from cars, lorries etc. I don't think it's anything to do with national pride....more to do with something called Euro 2004.

Cheers

I never knew the English flag was the cross of St George.
thanks for the explaination
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I have 2 cross of St. Georges on my truck, as well as one that i have in the house. Nothing to do with Euro 2004, just proud of my English heritage. Although I also have Wessex flags ( golden Wyvern on a red field ) as that is my real roots.
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 5:33 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by manc1976
I never knew the English flag was the cross of St George.
thanks for the explaination
Oh I dunno, if it wasnt for lothianlad i'd never have known my home city was Scotlands capital. Hell I didnt even know it was in Europe (please note extreme sarcasm)
Originally posted by Lothianlad

Cheers

You don't think they have any pride in the fact they are the only UK country in the competition then?

Last edited by jambo_2004; Jun 2nd 2004 at 5:39 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 7:05 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Webbie on page 74 (ish)
Behave yourselves !

Brother ******* beyond indeed....
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040603/325/ev5rs.html

proper lad.
Old Jun 4th 2004, 3:52 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Good news!!!

Live games over the internet on the BEEB!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/3777341.stm
Old Jun 4th 2004, 5:43 pm
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by RoB1833
Good news!!!

Live games over the internet on the BEEB!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/3777341.stm
Good news indeed, now i wont have to listen to that annoying women telling me to tune back in later or what ever she says!
Old Jun 5th 2004, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Has anyone seen the England team for Euro 2004 ? Seems the 3 keepers have all played on relegated teams in the last 12 months.
Clamity James, Ian Walker & Paul Robinson. Are there no English Keepers playing for a decent premier league club ?
Old Jun 5th 2004, 6:57 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Has anyone seen the England team for Euro 2004 ? Seems the 3 keepers have all played on relegated teams in the last 12 months.
Clamity James, Ian Walker & Paul Robinson. Are there no English Keepers playing for a decent premier league club ?
Chris Kirkland, but he has a broken wrist. Would have liked to seem him make his international debut. I'm sure it will come though.
Old Jun 5th 2004, 7:17 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

England 6 Iceland 1

Rooney grabbed 2

Better result than that against Japan

Story

Last edited by ScousePete; Jun 5th 2004 at 8:23 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2004, 11:24 pm
@matthewb76

Anyone know when Webbie is home?
Old Jun 9th 2004, 11:55 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
Anyone know when Webbie is home?
Yesterday.
But I had to go to CompUSA to buy a new modem, the old one crapped out on me the morning of my departure.

Lots to tell, but I have to catch up on all my mails first.

Back later.
Old Jun 9th 2004, 7:09 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

If anyone in NC is interested I just called Woody's Sports Tavern & Grill in Cary. They may be showing the England game on Sunday, but they can't be certain until Saturday. At least they knew what I was talking about, so I'll try them again then!

It's not much, but it's a sniff of hope!!!!
Old Jun 10th 2004, 1:21 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stadiums

Anyone see this story about 7 new Portuguese Euro 2004 stadiums (or is it stadia?) being built for half the cost of the new Wembley?

It's interesting to read the comments defending the cost of Wembley, but the 757m quid figure is only a budget figure. There is plenty of potential for cost overrruns on such a big civil engineering project. Let's hope not.

Someone is taking the piss. No really, new Wembley will have more toilets than any stadium in the world!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/3770309.stm
Old Jun 10th 2004, 1:29 pm
@matthewb76

Default Re: Stadiums

Originally posted by DaveC
Someone is taking the piss. No really, new Wembley will have more toilets than any stadium in the world!
Thank God for that, and I mean it, the last Wembley was so devoid of public amenieties it was a joke.
I saw men pissing in basins at Wembley. The place was foul.
Probably when doing their market research on the new stadium, the number 1 pet peeve with the old place was the amount of piss-pots to people ratio was evened up a bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.