Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

Wikiposts

British Football thread

Old Jul 19th 2004, 9:03 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still gobsmacked the lady wife is ahead of me. I put it down to her being an American and knowing MLS more. It'll all work out in the wash once the real footy begins.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, is it too late to join the predictions league?

I assume it is going to be Premiership once the season starts again.

Doc Scrumpy - All refs here ARE crap. I have been to see the Rochester Rhinos three times recently and the refs seemed to have other things on their minds for most of the match (probably watching the cheerleaders instead, I was).
Old Jul 19th 2004, 2:38 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Footie Headlines:
*A man carrying a petrol can was arrested inside the grounds of the Beckhams' Hertfordshire home. (Allegedly it was the winning bidder of his missed penalty ball on ebay - he thought he was getting a golden one)
*Chelski get another two - Drogba (Marsellie) and Tiago (Benfica)
*Newcastle to bid this week for Tottenham's Carr.
*Everton - looks like Rooney will leave, with Stubbs also looking at the door.
* Kluivert maybe loaned out to Newcatle.
*Bolton and Rivaldo - talks are on again.
*Bolton playing a friendly with Inter Milan at their Horwich stadium - He's a sweet talker that Allardyce.
*Souness and his strikers - handbags at ten paces. (Cole has gone on a free to Fulofscum and Yorke is apparantly "6th choice" at Blackburn. )
*Viera to Real - Zidane did push for him/didn't push for him (depending which newspaper you read)
*Wenger looking at bringing in some new faces. No names yet.
*But Parlour is staying up the Arse so his missus can carry on rolling about in all that money.

------------
Will be resetting the Footie Prediction League back to zero tonight.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 2:39 pm

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CitySimon
Guys, is it too late to join the predictions league?

I assume it is going to be Premiership once the season starts again.

Doc Scrumpy - All refs here ARE crap. I have been to see the Rochester Rhinos three times recently and the refs seemed to have other things on their minds for most of the match (probably watching the cheerleaders instead, I was).
No Simon - still time.
We've had a two week practice run but I'm going to reset and the season starts proper on August 7th.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Webbie
No Simon - still time.
We've had a two week practice run but I'm going to reset and the season starts proper on August 7th.
Nice one, well I've just registered. That makes 16!

I predict that Man City will win every game!
Old Jul 19th 2004, 2:52 pm

Nice one, well I've just registered. That makes 16!

I predict that Man City will win every game!
*Webbie removes Simon's rose-tinted glasses and stamps on them*

Pre-season training and we're already doooooomed-->
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlin...305242&cc=5739

No money - Fining the players to get some.
Going through the bargain bin for new faces.
Day trip out to the lakes.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Webbie
*Webbie removes Simon's rose-tinted glasses and stamps on them*

Pre-season training and we're already doooooomed-->
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlin...305242&cc=5739

No money - Fining the players to get some.
Going through the bargain bin for new faces.
Day trip out to the lakes.

Yeah, but we had a good result against Hyde Reserves in our first pre-season friendly! :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

We got players for where we needed them, in defence.

Hey Webbie, how do I get my name on the end of the league table or does it need something else doing to it?
Old Jul 19th 2004, 3:07 pm

Hey Webbie, how do I get my name on the end of the league table or does it need something else doing to it?
Wrench....

Spanner...

Ok should be showing now.

If not hit refresh.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:24 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Owen Hargreaves
Lennox Lewis
Greg Rusedski

And now may I introduce,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olym...cs/3907555.stm

Granted the lad is a dual citizen, but when he went for the trials in Manchester, it was the first time he'd ever been to UK and is now taking someone else's place at the olympics.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Absolute disgrace. He had never been to the UK before he got his passport, you missed Zola Budd too.

Mind you, least Zola tripped up the golden girl of US running Mary Decker....It's a long way to trip a Mary etc !
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:53 am
@matthewb76

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Absolute disgrace. He had never been to the UK before he got his passport, you missed Zola Budd too.

Mind you, least Zola tripped up the golden girl of US running Mary Decker....It's a long way to trip a Mary etc !
oh aye forgot about her heroics in 1984.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 3:16 am

That's the thing with Souey - when he has a spat with someone you always have to take cover.
All of remember well his time in Glasgow... then Turkey... and now in Blackburn:
No more baby-sitting for Souness
http://www.football365.com/news/story_119408.shtml

Blackburn boss Graeme Souness has branded strikers Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke as "babies.

Souness has conceded that he made a mistake in re-uniting the pair at Ewood Park after they had both fallen out of favour at Manchester United. Cole has moved to Fulham on a free transfer while Yorke is still at Rovers after so far being unable to find another club to take him on.

Souness told the Lancashire Evening Telegraph: "The Yorke-Cole thing disappoints me because I am the man who went to my board and spent the supporters' hard-earned money. From now on I only want to work with men. I am not interested in having babies around."

He added: "I'm not interested in people who don't want to stand up and be counted at difficult times."
This is good pre-season build up for Blackburn. I can see the board of directors being very happy with his conduct - NOT !

I'll start the betting for first manager to get the boot already:

Souness: 7/4 on
Keegan: 3/1

Anyone else hovering over the trap door ?
Old Jul 20th 2004, 7:59 am
@matthewb76

The thing is with the Cole/Yorke thing, is though that he is right.

They weren't worth a toss last year.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 8:03 am

cuckoofrommars is an unknown quantity at this point

He surely knew what he was in for with Yorke? As for Cole, he's a tap-in kind of player. Lucky he has Legwinski and Malbranque to give him the ball.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 8:16 am

I remember when Keegan was on the steps of Newcastle United there talking to fustrated fans about selling Cole to their biggest rivals - the Rags.

Although I don't really rate him as a manager. He was right then.

Quick list of strikers who turned out to be donkeys after all (feel free to add to it)

Cole
Yorke
Forlan
Heskey

==>
Reset the Footie Predictions. Had to go into the SQL database and fiddle about. hope to **** that I did it right
Only way to tell is when we have a go on August 4th...

==>
Webbie's Webblog is nearly ready !
(Reason why it's good for you lot - it will cut down on the crap off topic posts I sometime post here. )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.