Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

Wikiposts

British Football thread

Old Jul 15th 2004, 4:42 am

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future

Fox Sports World have announced they will show the first three games of the ChampionsWorld Series as a free preview for non-subscribers of the channel on cable and satellite.

Those games are: Celtic v Chelsea (July 24), Man U v Bayern Munich (July 25) and Celtic v Liverpool (July 26)

All games will be shown live on FSW.

Pity I don't have cable or satellite at the moment
Old Jul 15th 2004, 6:11 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Half time from Sweden, UEFA Cup
Osters IF 0-0 T.N.S.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 6:53 am
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

Not looking good now 2-0 down
Old Jul 15th 2004, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Team name of the night belongs to the delightfully named Sloga Jugomagnat, the champions of Macedonia.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 8:14 am

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Team name of the night belongs to the delightfully named Sloga Jugomagnat, the champions of Macedonia.
There's a few contenders though:
Omonia Nicosia, Cyprus
Illichivets Mariupol, Ukraine
Etzella Ettelbruck, Luxembourg
Dukla Banska Bistryka, Slovakia
Old Jul 15th 2004, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I'm sure Etzella Ettelbruck was a Mancunian callgirl who worked Piccadilly. Webbie told me about her, honest !
Old Jul 15th 2004, 8:46 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure Etzella Ettelbruck was a Mancunian callgirl who worked Piccadilly. Webbie told me about her, honest !
Old Jul 15th 2004, 1:53 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

She said she was discreet !
(I'm never going back to her...)

The bloke who posts the scummy Sun headlines for me to copy hasn't and I can't be bothered looking for myself.

In the meantime (and keep the theme) here's some euphemisms:

"They found him naked in the alley behind the bar,
locking up the flounder.

I feel like steaming the incandescent best friend.

Like most guys his age, he wasn't above
riding the Polish lightbulb.

Shut the door! I'm delegating the baton!

You should have seen your face! You looked like you were refinishing the stainless steel leather dumplings.

Well, I know what I'll be doing this weekend - buffing the bald-headed smurf!

She checked the coast was clear before savoring the joyous mushroom."

...and so on...

http://walkingdead.net/perl/euphemism

Old Jul 15th 2004, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Webbie
She said she was discreet !
(I'm never going back to her...)

The bloke who posts the scummy Sun headlines for me to copy hasn't and I can't be bothered looking for myself.

In the meantime (and keep the theme) here's some euphemisms:

"They found him naked in the alley behind the bar,
locking up the flounder.

I feel like steaming the incandescent best friend.

Like most guys his age, he wasn't above
riding the Polish lightbulb.

Shut the door! I'm delegating the baton!

You should have seen your face! You looked like you were refinishing the stainless steel leather dumplings.

Well, I know what I'll be doing this weekend - buffing the bald-headed smurf!

She checked the coast was clear before savoring the joyous mushroom."

...and so on...

http://walkingdead.net/perl/euphemism

Superb!
Old Jul 16th 2004, 3:58 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

As I mentioned before - I'm setting up my own blog because I find a ton of stuff like this and have to get it out there.

Latest find:

"Ladies and Gentlemen... the http://www.georgewbushsingers.com/ "

Old Jul 16th 2004, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Went down to Richmond to watch a pathetic Forest scrape a 1-1 draw, ( please note yanks...draw not tie, a tie is what you wear round your neck ! ) it is going to be a long long season for any forest fans out there judging by last night.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Gaddaffi To Buy Palace

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040717/325/ey7nv.html

A joke surely ?
Old Jul 17th 2004, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

QPR went on a pre-season tour to Scotland. Manager Ian Holloway took them all orienteering and two of the players got lost and had to have a van sent for them.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

One for all you mackems out there Saturday 17th July

Charleston Battery (A-League) vs. Sunderland (England)
Old Jul 17th 2004, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

7/20/04
International Exhibitions (non-U.S. National Teams)
Virginia Beach Mariners (A-League) vs. Nottingham Forest (England)
Sportsplex (Virginia Beach, Va.)

7/21/04
International Exhibitions (non-U.S. National Teams)
Wilmington Hammerheads (USL Pro Soccer League) vs. Sunderland (England)
Legion Sports Complex (Wilmington, N.C.)

Turns out there is a handy website listing touring games over here.

http://www.ussoccer.com/events/defau...CategoryID=376

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.