Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

Wikiposts

British Football thread

Old Jul 28th 2004, 6:43 pm
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Webbie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The bitter reality of Rooney and Coleen, according to the Sun - She's still furious, the pair are barely on speaking terms, showing the ring was a PR stunt
Like she's going to dump the jug earred pug now that he is earning 50 grand a week.

Just goes to show that money and fame can get the most butt ugly guys shagged. Not that I would know.
Old Jul 28th 2004, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jambo_2004
It's an American website webbie, I seriously doubt anyone in Caledonia would wear something that hideous. Speaking of kilts. My brother wore one to his mates wedding and sent me a photo, in which I duly ripped the proverbial pish out of him for. We have an Italian surname and thus have no familly tartan. To deal with this many Scottish football teams have created a "team tartan" and so he wore the Hearts one. I explained that only highlanders wore kilts and that he was a lowlander. Now i'm no expert on this, but why do most Scots think this dress sense was in place in the entire country way back in the day? The fact that even lowland scots with Scottish names have to have a tartan made should hint at this? Too much information I know.

So Jambo you are not a real Scot then? What has all this Lowland and Highland pish got to do with wearing your national dress. From Glasgo across and up to the tip was all in Scottish rain and from there down was Engurland, gradually over the years and many battles the border moved down to where it is and it even moved right down to Yorkshire at one point, but it will no doubt be where it is today for ever more.

I personally think that it does not matter where you come from in the country and what family tartan you wear as long as you wear it. The Footie team tartans were made for people like you who have no tartan but want to be part of Scottish Heritage, personally I don't have a problem with it the more the merrier, but you obviously do have a problem with your national dress, does this make you a better man, no I don't think so you are missing out on owning a family tartan. It is a tradition in my family for all males to get for their 21st birthday a full Kilt and kit, I think this is a good tradition that I will be continuing even though my son was born on Isle of Man, where ever we live at the time.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 2:41 am

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future

ROFL

Celtic 3 games in 5 days beat ManU 2-1

Anybody watch the game?
Old Jul 29th 2004, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by James Box
ROFL

Celtic 3 games in 5 days beat ManU 2-1

Anybody watch the game?

No didn't see it just heard about it, last year Celic were beaten 5-1 buy Man U and they won the league, hopefully this tells us something this year, that they will not win anything

Fergie has been quoted today saying he may play the over 5s in their next game
Old Jul 29th 2004, 3:03 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

United were absolutely phucking garbage, even the regular players, last night. Celtic, with O'Neill back on the bench played like a team possessed.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 3:23 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

International footie:

Klinsmann confirmed as Germany manager and his old team mate Mattheus having a moan about it.

Edit: Just found an item on thisislondon.co.uk that details more grief for German submarie even before he begins:
Jurgen hits trouble already
http://www.thisislondon.com/sport/fo...ing%20Standard

There are worse jobs than being the England national football coach. How about being the German national football coach? Jurgen Klinsmann has been slagged off and written off by old team-mates, walked out on by his prospective assistant and appears largely unwanted by the public. Er, and he hasn’t even started work yet.
Klinsmann himself on the Beeb telling everybody that Germany will win the World Cup in 2006.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ls/3927207.stm
Yeah right.

Marco Van Basten confirmed as Holland manager (but nobody criticzing yet)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ls/3890533.stm

Last edited by Webbie; Jul 29th 2004 at 3:36 am.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 4:17 am
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ducatiandy
So Jambo you are not a real Scot then? What has all this Lowland and Highland pish got to do with wearing your national dress. From Glasgo across and up to the tip was all in Scottish rain and from there down was Engurland, gradually over the years and many battles the border moved down to where it is and it even moved right down to Yorkshire at one point, but it will no doubt be where it is today for ever more.

I personally think that it does not matter where you come from in the country and what family tartan you wear as long as you wear it. The Footie team tartans were made for people like you who have no tartan but want to be part of Scottish Heritage, personally I don't have a problem with it the more the merrier, but you obviously do have a problem with your national dress, does this make you a better man, no I don't think so you are missing out on owning a family tartan. It is a tradition in my family for all males to get for their 21st birthday a full Kilt and kit, I think this is a good tradition that I will be continuing eventhough my son was born on Isle of Man, where ever we live at the time.
No idea what the first paragraph you spouted was about, was it the opening voice over for Rob Roy? It may be the national dress (although I would disagree with that and say jeans and trainers are the national dress). I also take issue with the fact you think i'm not a real Scot because I wont wear a f**king piece of tartan!
I am as Scottish as they come mate. If we all went by your ridiculious point about kilts and scots then roughly 20% of Scotland can be classified as real Scots. My main point was that historically only highlanders wore the kilt, weegies, edinburgh etc are LOWLANDERS and had more in common with England than anything else. No i'm not missing out on anything mate, I couldnt give a toss weather my family has a tartan
Twat.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 6:51 am
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

Not looking good for TNS, needing to score 3 they are still 0-0 after 20...
Old Jul 29th 2004, 7:07 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DaveC
Webbie, you zany japester! You're just trying to catch the perverts among us out. That link goes to the Sun's 2 for 1 Fish and Chips offer.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2004350174,00.html

Try this one, not that i was interested or nufink.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 7:09 am

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Ah what the ****....

Are you two skirt wearers having a barney over my off-topic pi ss take of those American kilts ?

"Can't we all just get along..?"

*L.A. cops surround Webbie and get out their nightsticks*

Stop this sillyness right now or I'll tell yer mam.

(Thanks for the reminder about the TNS game Tone)
Old Jul 29th 2004, 7:16 am

Originally posted by mattbutt
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2004350174,00.html

Try this one, not that i was interested or nufink.
"MY EYES ! MY EYES !" They burn !
Old Jul 29th 2004, 7:20 am
Account Closed

Originally posted by Webbie
"MY EYES ! MY EYES !" They burn !
ya could have warned us, i just opened that at work!

Nice Webblog, just been looking around, some good stuff on there...keep up the good work
Old Jul 29th 2004, 7:24 am

ya could have warned us, i just opened that at work!

Nice Webblog, just been looking around, some good stuff on there...keep up the good work
Sorry Matt I usually do add NSFW. Didn't this time.

But hey you found the original page anyway. Perv.

Everyone watched that clip of Will Ferrell as GWB ?
Funny as fluck.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 7:55 am
Account Closed

This Expat Forum just gets better by the day, im really staring to find it amusing all these sad people that pretend to write in broken English and say they are from obscure countires.

Just looked at that British Football Board thread, Demetrius from Moldova, nice.

I think i will start my own profile, Gertrude from fjords of Norway or something....
Old Jul 29th 2004, 7:57 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

This Expat Forum just gets better by the day, im really staring to find it amusing all these sad people that pretend to write in broken English and say they are from obscure countires.

Just looked at that British Football Board thread, Demetrius from Moldova, nice.

I think i will start my own profile, Gertrude from fjords of Norway or something....
It's bizarroworld at times......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.