Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

Wikiposts

British Football thread

Old Nov 28th 2004, 8:19 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Football thread

Originally Posted by Webbie
Might throw in these leagues again in the future. As mentioned in a previous post it is a complete lottery with them.
Never was mutch good at lotteries

My guess - Brora Rangers 4 v 1 Inverurie Loco Works
Actual result - Brora Rangers 1 v 6 Inverurie Loco Works

I might be 3rd bottom but I've been given the vote of confidence...oh wait a minute...
Old Nov 28th 2004, 9:08 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony_2003
eye fank ewe...
You did what to a ewe now? I thought that was my domain? Apparently the ref crapped out of sending Boumsong off for the pen, I think he booked him though.

Jeez Webbie, my goal difference is going to be even worse than ever after those results.
Old Nov 28th 2004, 9:18 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I could partake in the bit torrent thing but DSL is expensive over here (as opposed to Blightly where it costs the same as dial up now). I'm looking at the hiding IP address software that Bob posted about so I can listen to Five Live.
The U's:

http://www.oxfordutd-mad.co.uk/news/...TMNW&id=188285
You tried that optimise service? don't know what that's like, but it's supposed to be fairly quick, as for using it for bit torrents, dial up is slow, but it gets there, but best done over night...

As for the U's...well kassam needs to pull his finger out and sort the side out before buggering off to where ever, need a decent manager that'll win, or get sacked before we drop any further down the poo.
Old Nov 28th 2004, 11:08 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveC
You did what to a ewe now? I thought that was my domain? Apparently the ref crapped out of sending Boumsong off for the pen, I think he booked him though.
I stole that little play on words from webbie. He's sent me a bill for it.
Yes it seems wee robbo was upset with the ref who sent off a hearts player last week for the same thing. He has a fair point. It's either a rule or it ****in aint, one rule for one etc doesnt cut it.
Old Nov 28th 2004, 2:24 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony_2003
I stole that little play on words from webbie. He's sent me a bill for it.
Yes it seems wee robbo was upset with the ref who sent off a hearts player last week for the same thing. He has a fair point. It's either a rule or it ****in aint, one rule for one etc doesnt cut it.
I see that another hun has appeared in the Locker Room. They're in first place for the first time in 14 months and they think they've won the league already.

Robbo is proving to be a bit of a loose cannon with some of his post match comments.
Old Nov 28th 2004, 3:05 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveC
I see that another hun has appeared in the Locker Room. They're in first place for the first time in 14 months and they think they've won the league already.

Robbo is proving to be a bit of a loose cannon with some of his post match comments.
The blues have got their noses in front of the other team and the blues have pulled five points away from the other London team.

*Takes shoes off and bangs the floor*

"Oi ! Matt - what do you think about that ?"

Who's Robbo ? The one on the BBC Football site (also on Five Live) ?
Or somebody else ?

Have we rolled out the Tottenham end of season dance joke yet ? Or are we waiting for them to be knocked out of the FA Cup...

Footie Prediction League - have relegated CitySimon from the league - he hadn't done his in ages. Also will delete MisBish if she doesn't do hers next week.
Which will leave Mr Jambo_Hearts nearer to the bottom of the table.
Come on Tony. Pull yourself out of it.

_> On a final note: I hope that just because you can't frenquent your local because of work commitments Manc that it doesn't mean you'll do a Scotch03
and disappear all together.
You have every evening and every weekend to get the rounds in.

Don't make us come over there...
Old Nov 28th 2004, 4:19 pm
Get em out by Friday

Who's Robbo ? The one on the BBC Football site (also on Five Live) ?
Or somebody else ?
Who's robbo?
John Robertson
Second highest goalscorer in Hearts history and considered a legend among the maroon half of Edinburgh.
Frequently known as "The Hammer of Hibs" because he raped them on a regular basis. Yours truly's all time favourite player and current Hearts boss.
Old Nov 29th 2004, 2:19 am

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Alas ol' Top of the Pops - I knew ye well.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/4051231.stm

As we've seen with American TV shows - first the move then the cancel.
Old Nov 29th 2004, 3:26 am
You fat bastard

adeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really niceadeshell is just really nice

Some interesting results from the Scotia Highland and Angles
Yeah, I was on the edge of my bloody seat....
Old Nov 29th 2004, 2:34 pm

Richard Gough - new boss at Livi.
No coaching experience:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...on/4043875.stm

Jim Magilton - new boss at Oxford ?
As a Player-Manager, no coaching experience.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...wn/4051345.stm

I think I'm going to bang in my CV at Wolves.
I have absolutely no experience of coaching a football team so therefor I am more than qualified.

Meanwhile at the other end of the scale - Looks like Walter Smith is in there for the Scotia job.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ls/4053193.stm
He is up against coach who does actually have experience of running a footie team. The only problem is with the SFA and if they will scrump up the price of a flight to and from Manassas to Edinburgh.

And finally....

Having trouble what to get the missus for Crimbo this year ?
How about the:

http://vibraexciter.com

A mobile phone and vibrator in one.

I'll get me coat.

Last edited by Webbie; Nov 29th 2004 at 2:38 pm.
Old Nov 29th 2004, 2:46 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Having trouble what to get the missus for Crimbo this year ?
How about the:

http://vibraexciter.com

A mobile phone and vibrator in one.
I KNEW this thread wasn't just about footie!!!!! PMSL
Old Nov 29th 2004, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
Shhh..... Keep it to yourself.

*taps side of nose*
Old Nov 29th 2004, 3:09 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Back to mostly footie stuff then
Old Nov 29th 2004, 3:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Jim Magilton - new boss at Oxford ?
As a Player-Manager, no coaching experience.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...wn/4051345.stm
Could be interesting, but to be honest, never heard of him...so someone who knows the club a bit more from way back when, when was he at Oxford and the like?
Old Nov 29th 2004, 3:35 pm
Get em out by Friday

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
It's roughly 30% football and 70% utter bollocks...but we seem to like it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.