Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

Wikiposts

British Football thread

Old May 10th 2004, 8:05 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jambo_2004
Yeah I am acyually on their page now manc. They have a deal going for $29.99 a month for first 6 months, sounds good. So I take it that I can order the bare minimum package and just add the sports channels to that? This would then come to around $40 a month?
yeah that's what I have
Old May 10th 2004, 8:05 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Stuart Pearce = tosser

I'm in the market for a satelite dish (or as Delboy would say Statalite)

Basically I want fox sports world for the footy, anything else doesnt interest me but I realise I will have to pay for some shit channels I never watch, i'd just like to keep this to a minimum. I see dish network do a deal for 50 bux. Anyone gone with them? How much are you paying for fox sports world etc.?
Sir !
I must take issue with you !
I strongly disagree with your opinion of Stuart (Lionheart) Pearce.
Therefore I offer this rebuff:
Gary McAllister = wanker.
(Went to Borders and got last week's Sunday Times)

Agreed with Manc on the Direc TV thing. Plus don't forget it is owned by one Rupert Murdoch (who also owns Fox and especially - Sky TV) so if things every go sour in the future with Dish Network then you've got no worries.
- And don't say it would not, because Dish had a big falling out with MTV Networks and blacked them out.

I'm friends with Ali Score - the original drummer of the band below. He's got Direc TV and I'll be going over to his to watch Euro 2004.
Old May 10th 2004, 8:07 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by manc1976
Hey Webbie
You wanted to know what a 'Schemie Chav' was.

Well may I present the court with Exhibit A
bauhausfiend.
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=2165257

May have missed the point here, but this is a funny link all the same

http://www.chavscum.co.uk/
Old May 10th 2004, 8:10 am

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Webbie
You wanted to know what a 'Schemie Chav' was.

Well may I present the court with Exhibit A
bauhausfiend.
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=2165257
So a 25 year old American woman is lusting after this then ?

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old May 10th 2004, 8:23 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Webbie

I'm friends with Ali Score - the original drummer of the band below. He's got Direc TV and I'll be going over to his to watch Euro 2004.
Name dropping now..........
Not good enough are we?
can't listen on 5live wiv the rest of us..........

chavscum.co.uk
quality.
Kappa slappa
Old May 10th 2004, 8:34 am
Account Closed

Not good enough are we?

chavscum.co.uk
quality.
Kappa slappa
I cant be arsed to go back through this thread, but am I right in my thinking that there will be no EURO 2004 games on FSW or FSW PPV?

Only on this setana channel which it seems you can only get through Direct TV?
Old May 10th 2004, 8:36 am

Not good enough are we?

chavscum.co.uk
quality.
Kappa slappa
The can of Stella... the sweets...can't see any fags, must be in the bag. Nokia 3210 for the txt sxng.
She's up the duff and look at that hairstyle.

Classic.
Forget your American white trash.
We are the world leaders when it comes to spankers.

Nice on Matt you Townie.
- By the way where are you ?
You were grabbing your shirt for going back to see the Arse - are you there ?

Last edited by Webbie; May 10th 2004 at 8:40 am.
Old May 10th 2004, 8:51 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Ha, you'll have to try harder than that Webbie. Gary Mac was hardly popular with the Tartan Army. Was Macca in your $10 slimline copy of last week's news likesay?

Tony min, it's nearly the end of the season so there will be the best part of **** all footy shown on FSW over the summer. I was considering dropping it from our cable package for the next 3 months but it's only $4 a month so not such a big saving.

I was hoping that Sky would've got the rights for next years SPL but Santa beat them. Haven't heard if FSW have got a deal with them to show highlights but I doubt it.
Old May 10th 2004, 8:54 am
Account Closed

The can of Stella... the sweets...can't see any fags, must be in the bag. Nokia 3210 for the txt sxng.

Classic.

Nice on Matt you Townie.
- By the way where are you ?
You were grabbing your shirt for going back to see the Arse - are you there ?
Im back in sunny Jersey as of today, sadly didnt see any games and didnt even see them on TV! Was really busy visiting family, friends and stuff.
Old May 10th 2004, 9:13 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Euro 2004-izzle

I found this thread which discusses options for viewing Euro 2004 in the USA. I've only posted the last page as it was started in Dec 03 so the early info might be superseded. Having said that I've had a quick skim read of the other pages and I think there are a few points of general interest.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showt...ight=euro+2004
Old May 10th 2004, 10:01 am

Originally posted by DaveC
Ha, you'll have to try harder than that Webbie. Gary Mac was hardly popular with the Tartan Army. Was Macca in your $10 slimline copy of last week's news likesay?
No he wasn't in the Times, just picked a fitba players name at random.
This is only the third Sunday Times I've bought since moving over here. Costs $8 actually and it's the only one that has all the supplements.
Used to buy Times or Telegraph or Mail and a copy of the News Of The World (to provide a balanced view ) every Sunday when we were in Blighty.

Liked to read the serious stuff and then some comic relief after.

*changing subject*
Manc -I've just started a fire in the Take It Outside forum that you might have to keep an eye on.
Old May 10th 2004, 10:33 am
Account Closed

Default Re: Euro 2004-izzle

Originally posted by DaveC
I found this thread which discusses options for viewing Euro 2004 in the USA. I've only posted the last page as it was started in Dec 03 so the early info might be superseded. Having said that I've had a quick skim read of the other pages and I think there are a few points of general interest.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showt...ight=euro+2004
Thanks for that DaveC, looks like I will get the games on my local PPV which will do me. Saves paying out $150 only to see England go out in the league stage ( I do have some faith).

Read today that Sven is planning to put Stevie Gerrad on the left and Beckham in a central role, playing that make shift diamond? On paper we look ok, James is my worry though. Can see this tornament making or breaking him. I think he's shit.
Old May 10th 2004, 11:51 am
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sir !
I must take issue with you !
I strongly disagree with your opinion of Stuart (Lionheart) Pearce.
Therefore I offer this rebuff:
No comparision mate, pearce is a wanker of the highest order in my opinion. A guy who refused to shake hands with the Scotland team because he was in some kind of *****ing english warrior trance before the game. Shame he survived that lorry tipping accident a few years back
Old May 10th 2004, 11:53 am
Account Closed

Classic.

Nice on Matt you Townie.
just named my 'chav baby'

Elvis Jay - nice..

or if its a girl Candice Shakira...even better
Old May 10th 2004, 2:04 pm

No comparision mate, pearce is a wanker of the highest order in my opinion. A guy who refused to shake hands with the Scotland team because he was in some kind of *****ing english warrior trance before the game. Shame he survived that lorry tipping accident a few years back
Fair enough then T.
We'll have agree to disagree.

I am a poet but did not know it.

Tomorrow's Sun:
"*Pix of Kate Beckinsale getting married in Bel Air."
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...12914,,00.html
(Good ol' current scummy Sun getting it wrong again. The wedding was in Las Vegas. - She married the director of "Van Helsing" which looking at the reviews is a big stinker but made $50 mil last weekend. Weird.
*"I feel sick filming love scenes with Perv Den," says Eastenders screen wife.
*David Cassidy tells Welsh fans at Cardiff International Arena: "I don't know how you live here without slitting your wrists". He also tells them to shut up, cos they were shouting at him and "I can't listen to you and think and sing"
*Skeletor says she will only go to an England game in Euro 2004 if they reach the final. She says she is too busy with a romotional tour.
*Littlejohn: Twat
*Scarlett Johansson confesses to having sex in a lift with co-star Benicio del Toro. (Eww...)
*Justin Timberlake looking 'like a milk bottle' as he goes for a topless jog.
*Sadie Frost's show is axed by E4. The headline is "What'll Sadie do next?"
*Faithless front man Maxi Jazz has been charged with drink driving.
*Beastie Boys to play a secret London gig in a small venue
*Madonna picture in Von Dutch cap, looking piquey.
*John Leslie to quit telly and become a property developer.
*A bistro featured in Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares is to close. Bonaparte's in West Yorks is to shut.
*Centre spread: On the heels of Clooney and Snowdon hooking up again, they ask "Is Sex best with an Ex?"
*George and Lynne: Lingerie-wearing Lynne discusses a car crash with her friend.
*Ray Parlour's wife wants £406,000 a year for life in divorce settlement .
*Leicester stars in the clear -Joy as rape case hookers are exposed.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/section/0,,2,00.html
*Cut-price Veron heads for Inter - Chelsea flop is set to leave for £8m in summer."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/section/0,,3,00.html

In other news:
"50 Cent Performance Cut Short After Fan Throws Water At Him"
A surprise 50 Cent performance at a Springfield, Massachusetts, nightclub was reportedly cut short Friday after the rapper allegedly leapt into the crowd after a fan threw water at him.

Water.
This is the same bloke who survived multiple gun shots.
Why was he so upset ? Does he have an aversion to washing ?

A good footie story:
"Why Leeds are knackered (vol 56543)
Seth Johnson is a reasonably talented 22 year old kicking the ball around Pride Park for Derby County when the call comes in from Leeds. They are interested in signing the lad as Leeds think he will fit into their side which will, over a couple of years, become the pre-eminent side in England.
Johnson rocks up at Elland Road, meeting his agent in the car outside.
“Right, whatever you do, let me do the talking. I reckon we can get £14000 a week,� says said agent. As Johnson is on less than 5k at this point he agrees.
Into Ridsdale’s office they go. No sooner have they sat down than Ridsdale says “£24,000 a week, and that is this clubs final offer�. Johnson makes a peeping noise of someone who has just realised he is set up for life. Agent says “Can my client and I have a few moments to discuss this�.
“Of course,� says Ridsdale and they head out into the car park for a fag (agent) and giggle (Johnson)
A short while later and they walk back into the chairman’ office. The agent is just about to give the deal the nod when Ridsdale says “Okay, £30,000. No more.�
This is completely untrue, but as they say - why let the facts get in the way of a good story.

- From the Observer Sport Monthly, 7th March, 2004 :
"When Seth Johnson met Peter Ridsdale to negotiate pay terms in 2001, he and his agent were hoping for pounds 15,000 a week. They were amazed when the Leeds chairman made an opening offer of pounds 25,000. Ridsdale saw Johnson and the agent exchange wide-eyed glances, misread the situation and panicked: 'All right, I'll go to pounds 30,000, but that's my final offer.' The footballer departed, thrilled at his bonanza, and Ridsdale's reputation as the Father Christmas of football was sealed.
Almost everyone in football as well as half the city of Leeds seems to know that story; it is repeated as evidence of the folly that brought the club to its knees. But according to two of the three people directly involved it's simply not true.
'Absolute nonsense,' says Ridsdale, who says that, far from plucking figures out of the air, he knew exactly what Johnson earned at his previous club. 'I had his contract faxed through from Derby. We paid him pounds 2,000 a week more basic than he was on... I said: "We're offering two grand more than what you're getting. That's it." And that's what we did.'
Johnson's agent, Leon Angel* says: 'We went into that meeting with a figure in mind for what we wanted. We negotiated, and I can tell you we didn't get everything we wanted. In other words, it was a perfectly normal negotiation.' The deal wasn't even done that day, Angel adds; he recalls agreeing final terms on Johnson's behalf by phone from abroad. 'It's unbelievable how these stories start.'
*Brother of Dave - The eco warrior ?

Last edited by Webbie; May 10th 2004 at 2:14 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.