Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 30th 2014, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Reidy8082 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Great news linsay... Some people are happy for you!! )
Old Apr 30th 2014, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linsay
How interesting how people are so negative!!
Not negative - realistic. There's a difference. Unrealistic expectations are the #1 reason why people have difficulty with US immigration. Go ahead... look it up!

It is just peoples opinions however it does feel that it IS the way it works!
It's not opinion... no matter how much you want it to be. I suggest that you, yourself, are the one offering the unrealistic opinion.

Ian
Old Apr 30th 2014, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Charley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really niceCharley241179 is just really nice

Ha ha enjoy ur clouds and rainbows really happy for you Lindsay. Fantastic news!!!!
Old May 1st 2014, 8:35 am
Just Joined

rinnie79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, I can't quite believe our luck. It's seems that applying from NZ is different than applying from UK. We got an emailing today advising that the passport is being sent back to us already and the online check says issued. Just 9 days after interview! The consulate officer advised up to 2 months so I was very pleasantly surprised when I opened that email today. Can now get excited about our trip to Disneyland in September that we booked and paid for without knowing about the need for a visa due to criminal record. Was stressing out majorly when we found that out and have lost many nights sleep over it. Happy little kiwi today

Last edited by rinnie79; May 1st 2014 at 8:56 am.
Old May 1st 2014, 9:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It may be different, since there are probably fewer travelers from NZ than from the UK... but it may not be also. As disappointing as this might sound, I believe 2 months is totally unrealistic... and 5-6 months should be your realistic expectation.

Ian
9 days later and it has been issued. Boom!! I guess that answered my question, it must be different applying from NZ
Old May 1st 2014, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by linsay
UPDATE!!!!
YEAH my husband visa has come today 23 weeks later I am so happy we can now look forward to our holiday just going to post his passport as we speak!! Emma yours should be here next week we were 4 days after Marks interview and 4 days after he got his visa we got ours!!
Linsay
Hey Linsay,

Great news for your husband, hope you have a lovely holiday, make sure you update us when the passport comes back.

Mark.
Old May 1st 2014, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

EmmaW1 is an unknown quantity at this point

please don't feel the need to argue on my behalf, it gets here when it gets here. ive got no holiday booked it doesn't really matter now when the email comes
Old May 1st 2014, 2:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rinnie79
9 days later and it has been issued. Boom!! I guess that answered my question, it must be different applying from NZ
Excellent. Well done!

Ian
Old May 2nd 2014, 5:29 am
Just Joined

Passport arrived with visa today, exactly 10 days since interview and recommendation for waiver. 10 years, multiple entries. Maybe you UK people should come to NZ to apply
Old May 2nd 2014, 6:36 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Passport arrived with visa today, exactly 10 days since interview and recommendation for waiver. 10 years, multiple entries. Maybe you UK people should come to NZ to apply
You have been issued with a regular visa and obviously didn't require a waiver of ineligibility. That's why your case has been handled in such a short timeframe.
Old May 2nd 2014, 7:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
You have been issued with a regular visa and obviously didn't require a waiver of ineligibility. That's why your case has been handled in such a short timeframe.
My husband was told at his interview that he would need a waiver due to committing a crime involving moral turpitude. The consulate officer applied for the waiver for him at the interview and he came home with a blue form that explained that they couldn't issue the visa and that it need further administrative processing / waiver of ineligibility. He was advised that it could take up to 2 months.
Old May 2nd 2014, 11:47 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
How do you know no waiver is annoted on the visa?
Old May 2nd 2014, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
How do you know no waiver is annoted on the visa?
Yes, I wondered this too? It doesn't say anything about a waiver on the visa, does it usually if it had a waiver? I'm a bit confused now as he was told and had applied for a waiver of ineligibility but as it's come through so quickly and with a 10 year, multi entry I'm wondering if the consulate office changed his mind after hubby left the interview and just granted him the visa? Does this even happen. Not that I'm complaining at all but just interested to know how he got it so quickly
Old May 2nd 2014, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

skishlee is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I wondered this too? It doesn't say anything about a waiver on the visa, does it usually if it had a waiver? I'm a bit confused now as he was told and had applied for a waiver of ineligibility but as it's come through so quickly and with a 10 year, multi entry I'm wondering if the consulate office changed his mind after hubby left the interview and just granted him the visa? Does this even happen. Not that I'm complaining at all but just interested to know how he got it so quickly
I am pretty sure that the waiver is noted on the visa from what I have read. I don't believe that they have the discretion to 'change their minds' in regard to visa eligibility given that they are bound by law. The only thing they can decide is whether or not to recommend a waiver if one is required. I think it's more likely that the consulate officer got it wrong and realised (or was told) that the waiver wasn't required after your husband left

The waiver queue is a worldwide queue so I while I can appreciate that everyone has different timeframes, 10 days seems way too quick when the average wait is 5 months.

Congrats on getting the visa though. My husband just passed week 23 but we aren't planning on going until April next year so plenty of time.
Old May 2nd 2014, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

EmmaW1 is an unknown quantity at this point

email has come, 23 weeks + 2 days xxxxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.