Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 28th 2014, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Reidy8082 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Good luck to all in the last hurdle of the painfully long waiting game, hope they all arrive soon, keep us posted
Old Apr 29th 2014, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by EmmaW1
im week 23 tomorrow as well linsay xx
Hi Emma,

Heard anything yet? I was 23 weeks and 6 days, so won't be long now. Heard last Thursday, sent my passport on friday morning, they got it yesterday, so another 2 weeks for it to come back, then on with the planning.

I'll let you know as soon as it comes back just to give a rough guide as to how long its taking.

Mark.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

EmmaW1 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks Mark I will keep you updated, we were originally planning to go next week with my parents as an out of the blue thing but clearly that wont be happening now so will go next year now instead x
Old Apr 29th 2014, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

linsay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Emma,
It's bloody painful!!!! I'm getting really anxious now keep me updated!!

Hi Mark,
Glad you're keeping us posted!! got to pay the rest of our holiday on 15th May sooo hope it comes before then fingers crossed
Linsay
Old Apr 29th 2014, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

ive missed the holiday that I really wanted to go on so now its just a case of going when I go, im not gonna get stressed over it x
Old Apr 29th 2014, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

Emma that's rubbish but hey ho heads up there is always next year at least you haven't booked yet x
Old Apr 29th 2014, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

exactly I wasn't that confident lol although when I went for the interview at the consultate the interviewing officer asked me the dates I wanted to go and made a note of them and said it wouldn't be back in plenty of time - wishful thinking eh x
Old Apr 29th 2014, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

rinnie79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wondering if you guys are all from UK and if the processing time from NZ would be any different? My husband was told at his interview that it would take up to 2 months. I know of someone else also from NZ that applied last year, was told up to 5 months and it arrived a week before the 5 months.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 10:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rinnie79
Just wondering if you guys are all from UK and if the processing time from NZ would be any different?
It may be different, since there are probably fewer travelers from NZ than from the UK... but it may not be also. As disappointing as this might sound, I believe 2 months is totally unrealistic... and 5-6 months should be your realistic expectation.

Ian
Old Apr 30th 2014, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

UPDATE!!!!
YEAH my husband visa has come today 23 weeks later I am so happy we can now look forward to our holiday just going to post his passport as we speak!! Emma yours should be here next week we were 4 days after Marks interview and 4 days after he got his visa we got ours!!
Linsay
Old Apr 30th 2014, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

what date did you go linsay? I was the 20th x
Old Apr 30th 2014, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

Hi Emma he went on the 12th xx
Old Apr 30th 2014, 7:15 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linsay
Emma yours should be here next week we were 4 days after Marks interview and 4 days after he got his visa we got ours!
I know you're excited and all but, with respect, I caution you in making such leaps using faulty logic. Immigration is not a linear process... and even if two people apply on the same day and are interviewed on the same day, they can (and often do) have wildly varying times for completion of their waiver application.

She might get notification next week; she might get it this week; she might get it 5 weeks from now. There is, quite simply, no way to know in advance based on application and/or interview dates. Immigration is not a linear process.

Ian
Old Apr 30th 2014, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I know you're excited and all but, with respect, I caution you in making such leaps using faulty logic. Immigration is not a linear process... and even if two people apply on the same day and are interviewed on the same day, they can (and often do) have wildly varying times for completion of their waiver application.

She might get notification next week; she might get it this week; she might get it 5 weeks from now. There is, quite simply, no way to know in advance based on application and/or interview dates. Immigration is not a linear process.

Ian
How interesting how people are so negative!!
Emma think positive I believe it wont be long after ours
It is just peoples opinions however it does feel that it IS the way it works!
Linsay xx
Old Apr 30th 2014, 7:28 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linsay
How interesting how people are so negative!!
Oh do me a favour. Get your head out of the fairy rainbows and get back to reality. A reality that Ian has accurately described for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.