Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old May 4th 2015, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by lansbury
When you were denied were you not given a written refusal with a series of numbers and letters on it detailing the section of immigration law you were refused under. Those letters and numbers are the first answer.

If you were granted a waiver the second answer is yes.

When i went for my interview when she told me that they couldn't give one there, but it will be passed on to DHS, she gave me a printed piece of paper which had loads of sections on it (i think it was a general one used by all), but she had to put a X in the box which one applied to me. However if its that you mean, i don't think I've got that?

I was granted a waiver so i get that bit, so ill have to have a look now, for the piece of paper

Mark.

Last edited by ireallywannago; May 4th 2015 at 7:21 pm.
Old May 4th 2015, 8:14 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ireallywannago
...would this be CIMT?
What happened may have been a CIMT, but that CIMT relates to a specific section of the law... and that's what you need.

... she gave me a printed piece of paper which had loads of sections on it (i think it was a general one used by all), but she had to put a X in the box which one applied to me. However if its that you mean, i don't think I've got that?
Yup, that's it.

Ian
Old May 4th 2015, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

When i went for my interview when she told me that they couldn't give one there, but it will be passed on to DHS, she gave me a printed piece of paper which had loads of sections on it (i think it was a general one used by all), but she had to put a X in the box which one applied to me. However if its that you mean, i don't think I've got that?

I was granted a waiver so i get that bit, so ill have to have a look now, for the piece of paper

Mark.
Why don't you just look at the existing visa in your passport and see what is marked on the waiver annotation? That should give you the information you require.

Last edited by materialcontroller; May 4th 2015 at 8:36 pm. Reason: speeeeelling
Old May 5th 2015, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Why don't you just look at the existing visa in your passport and see what is marked on the waiver annotation? That should give you the information you require.
Excellent, thank you. Just another question. I have done my ds-160 form online and all set, printed off the confirmation page, just need to arrange an interview now. When I go on the website I've put down then age, all my information is on there from the last visa I applied for, but I can't seem to find anywhere to start a new one, and to arrange an interview? The only thing I can do it press on the pencil icon next to the information, it gives me all my information for my last appointment, I'm unable to edit anything and it only gives me an option to "rest form" but there's nothing to arrange an appointment for my new application?

If anyone can help?

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/

Thanks
Old May 5th 2015, 9:23 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Do they still have a customer helpline you could call? They might be able to talk you through it or make the appointment for you.
Old May 5th 2015, 9:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... all my information is on there from the last visa I applied for...
Just a thought... you may need to clear your browser cache. It may be picking up the old info from the cookies on your computer.

Ian
Old May 5th 2015, 9:28 pm
Account Closed

Taken from https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/ni...ion/contact_us

The call center CAN help you with the following:

Schedule or reschedule your appointment as an alternative to doing this online.
Old May 17th 2015, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

beibhinn16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just an update it is now 31 weeks and still no sign of any positive feedback.
Old May 18th 2015, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Going for my interview tomorrow, what are you able to take in with you now? iPhone? Rucksack, or should I still go and put my rucksack and stuff in one of them left baggage places?
Old May 18th 2015, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

theJBs is an unknown quantity at this point

Going for my interview tomorrow, what are you able to take in with you now? iPhone? Rucksack, or should I still go and put my rucksack and stuff in one of them left baggage places?
My Mr. had his appointment in November. He did bring his phone and of course paper work, but nothing else. I don't know if bags are allowed.
Old May 18th 2015, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by theJBs
My Mr. had his appointment in November. He did bring his phone and of course paper work, but nothing else. I don't know if bags are allowed.
I think I'll be better off just taking my phone and rucksack and locking them away, just to be on the safe side.
Old May 18th 2015, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

theJBs is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I'll be better off just taking my phone and rucksack and locking them away, just to be on the safe side.
Just checked with Mr. and he says only take what is necessary to go to the interview. Bring your phone though...there's lots of sitting around waiting. There is a lady who circulates selling snacks, drinks, etc. but it was extremely expensive.
Old May 18th 2015, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by theJBs
Just checked with Mr. and he says only take what is necessary to go to the interview. Bring your phone though...there's lots of sitting around waiting. There is a lady who circulates selling snacks, drinks, etc. but it was extremely expensive.
I remember the last time I went, I travelled over night, so all that waiting around was making me more tired, my eyes were rolling around my head lol
Old May 19th 2015, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Newyork is an unknown quantity at this point

I remember the last time I went, I travelled over night, so all that waiting around was making me more tired, my eyes were rolling around my head lol
Everything you need to know about the visit to the embassy for your interview is printed on the papers you will have been instructed to print out when your interview was confirmed. No rucksack or bags allowed in but places to leave them in shops near to the embassy and maps to locate them are in the printed information. I suggest you read very carefully the information you printed out because there is a lot of useful and necessary advice in there.
Old May 20th 2015, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

Gman5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, new to the site and been reading some posts regarding the waiver ineligibility. I was told today my visa was refused however have been recommended a waiver ineligibility. I tried to take in what the lady was saying but my head was all over the place, do I get an email within 5 days? And what do I do now? I've checked online and it just says refused. Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.