Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old May 30th 2015, 11:52 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Well then, end of story. I don't understand why you think people should be entitled to more - especially when they were stupid enough to need a waiver in the first place! Sorry, but yours is a parochial POV.

Ian
Exactly.

Any visa holders, especially those with waivers of ineligibility, need to realise that the U.S. authorities have done them a massive favour just by approving the visa in the first place. The inconvenience or otherwise of an individual's logistics is (rightly) none of their concern.
Old May 30th 2015, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ireallywannago
I always thought the lowest time they gave was 1 year with multiple entries, doesn't really give you much time to get a holiday sorted, or plan your holidays in work? 90 to plan a holiday, make sure you get the time off in work,
I know they can give whatever they please, but at least give 1 year, give more time to your holiday. Never mind, most important thing is that you have one.
My Husbands first visa was for 6 months & 1 entry, his second 2 were for 12 months, multiple entry & his 4th one was for 2 years, again multiple. We are currently waiting for the outcome of his 5th.
Old May 30th 2015, 8:35 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Worth reminding everyone at this point that the maximum validity of a visa that includes a waiver of ineligibility cannot exceed 5 years.
Old May 30th 2015, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Worth reminding everyone at this point that the maximum validity of a visa that includes a waiver of ineligibility cannot exceed 5 years.
The lady at the embassy told my Husband this is what she was recommending for him, we will see though. I'm just happy we get to go!
Old May 31st 2015, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

cazz0069 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone. I have been reading this thread and there's some great advice. Does anyone have the link that you check to track your application?
I got one off another forum and not sure if it's the right one. I see a lot of you saying you can see it saying 'refused' or 'administrative processing'. All mine seems to say is my appointment time and doesn't allow me to click on any other option.
I'm only at the 15 week mark so still have awhile to go yet. . Thanks for any help you can offer.
Old May 31st 2015, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Thank god for long public transport trips home as I got to read more of the thread and found the CEAC site. Suffice to say it's sitting at REFUSED but the case date is the date of my interview so I'm guessing it's not taking the waiver into account. Ian and Materialcontroller your contributions to this thread are amazing.
It's nice to see that a lot of people in here weren't asked for their passports first. That seems to be something that has changed recently. When I wasn't asked for it when they offered the waiver I thought I was up that certain creek without a paddle. � ����

Thanks again everyone. This has been a compelling thread.
Old Jun 1st 2015, 12:43 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cazz0069
When I wasn't asked for it when they offered the waiver I thought I was up that certain creek without a paddle.
In following these threads over the years, it seems that if you are recommended for a waiver then chances are very good you'll get it. Indeed, I suggest that 99% of those recommended eventually get the waiver and the visa.

May I ask what you did that now requires a waiver? You don't need to say if you don't want to, but people are naturally curious. I'm just nosey!

Ian
Old Jun 1st 2015, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

In following these threads over the years, it seems that if you are recommended for a waiver then chances are very good you'll get it. Indeed, I suggest that 99% of those recommended eventually get the waiver and the visa.

May I ask what you did that now requires a waiver? You don't need to say if you don't want to, but people are naturally curious. I'm just nosey!

Ian
Hi Ian. Of course I don't mind sharing. I was done for trafficking a small amount of a controlled substance back in 95. In 2004, in something totally unrelated I also gave a false name to a police officer when they questioned me about a prescription I was presenting at the chemist.
At the embassy interview I gave them a copy of my police check I had from 2008 showing all previous charges and I also gave them my most current one showing that there were no discolsable court outcomes.
I should mention I'm also in Australia but I'm guessing the forum is still accurate.
Old Jun 1st 2015, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

You don't need to say if you don't want to, but people are naturally curious. I'm just nosey!

Ian
Love this reply 😂
Honest as always Ian lol.
Old Jun 1st 2015, 6:39 am
Just Joined

Hart1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am new to this forum and wonder if anyone can advise if I can chase DHS direct as today is 6 months since my interview date. Prior to 9/11 I had an indefinite visa for a minor offence with a non custodial sentence 30 years ago since then I have had a 1 year visa and this is my 2nd visa . Lady at American embassy said she would be recommending me for a longer validity visa but I am worried I am still waiting. I have a holiday date of 24 August my first visa only took 3 months so I figured 8 months in advance was ok to book flights ! Really worried now
Old Jun 1st 2015, 6:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hart1
Hi I am new to this forum and wonder if anyone can advise if I can chase DHS direct as today is 6 months since my interview date. Prior to 9/11 I had an indefinite visa for a minor offence with a non custodial sentence 30 years ago since then I have had a 1 year visa and this is my 2nd visa . Lady at American embassy said she would be recommending me for a longer validity visa but I am worried I am still waiting. I have a holiday date of 24 August my first visa only took 3 months so I figured 8 months in advance was ok to book flights ! Really worried now
One of the first rules you should learn when dealing with US immigration is never to book flights or make other arrangements until after you have been granted the visa. I don't believe there is any way to chase DHS regarding waiver decisions. You can try to contact the embassy and that's about it.

FWIW your case seems to be within what would be considered a usual timeframe these days and the length of time taken during your prior experiences isn't at all relevant. You also still have plenty of time left before your planned departure date so my advice would be for you to just be patient and try to stop worrying. You will almost certainly have a decision soon.
Old Jun 1st 2015, 7:54 am
Just Joined

Hart1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your quick response . Do you know best way to contact American embassy ?
Old Jun 1st 2015, 8:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hart1
Thank you for your quick response . Do you know best way to contact American embassy ?
U.S. Embassy London Visa Unit - Contact Form | Embassy of the United States
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

Ian
Hi Ian. In your infinite wisdom do my charges sound hardcore? I haven't really come across anyone with similar charges. I did read someone who was involved in an armed robbery many years ago got his approved so I guess there is still hope.
Old Jun 4th 2015, 12:27 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cazz0069
In your infinite wisdom do my charges sound hardcore?
I don't think the false name thing will ultimately be an issue... and it was 11 years ago. If there is an issue, it'll likely be related to the drug offense. The US is pretty draconian about such things. Still, that was 20 years ago and that may be the deciding factor in your case.

I did read someone who was involved in an armed robbery many years ago got his approved...
Very often, armed robbery is not considered as egregious as drug trafficking. That said, my original comment still holds - if you're recommended, you'll likely get the waiver and visa. Time will tell... and you'll know soon enough!

Ian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.